• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] PokedexPlus in HGSS style UPDATED

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Just merged this and have the following undefined things, any idea what may cause this to happen?

HX7Qx2z.png

This was done on a branch using the latest pokeemerald and pokeemerald-expansion as of the time of this post.

Kind folks at RHH informed me that Tutor moves were overhauled in the latest version so this isn't compatible anymore, any chance you are planning to update ?

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him/they
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Hi there. I'm also new to decomp, and I'm trying to implement this using the RHH as well.

I followed the instructions in the first post to the best of my ability, and got some merge conflicts. A friend helped me out through those, but now when I go to make the game, I get this and no game:
    unknown.png

Any idea what to do?

Edit: My friend figured it out and it's working for us now. She said "i had to replace all instances of the sSpriteXXXXXX stuff with gSpriteXXXXXXX in the pokedex thing"; the files with these changes can be found here if anyone else is having the same problem: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eqowlmvn1uw9zi4/PokedexPlus_Fixes.zip/file

I'm having a similar issue.... however I tried replacing the files with the ones you posted in the link and am still getting that error:

zVczVSY

No idea what's going on here. Any suggestions?

Edit: trying to post a picture but it's not showing. Here's the link to my error: https://ibb.co/zVczVSY

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm having a similar issue.... however I tried replacing the files with the ones you posted in the link and am still getting that error:

zVczVSY

No idea what's going on here. Any suggestions?

Edit: trying to post a picture but it's not showing. Here's the link to my error: https://ibb.co/zVczVSY
    Your issue is not similar. Your terminal makes it clear that you have unsolved merge conflicts. Chances that you'd have a commit hash stored as plain text in a .c file would be low otherwise.
    You can find the unsolved merge conflicts in your project quickly by using git grep "<<<<", git grep "====" or git grep ">>>>".

Years
    • he/him/they
    • Seen Aug 1, 2023
    Your issue is not similar. Your terminal makes it clear that you have unsolved merge conflicts. Chances that you'd have a commit hash stored as plain text in a .c file would be low otherwise.
    You can find the unsolved merge conflicts in your project quickly by using git grep "<<<<", git grep "====" or git grep ">>>>".

Sorry, I was just looking at the bottom two lines, that's why I said similar. I'll take a look. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Hi,

For some reason all the pokemon in the dex are shiny. What could be the cause for that?

Years
    • Online now
    Hi,

For some reason all the pokemon in the dex are shiny. What could be the cause for that?

Pokemon in the Pokedex use the personality value of 0, and changing the shiny value makes this Pokemon Shiny for some reason. Just skip "Personlity 0" in your code, and the Pokedex will be displayed as usual.

Days
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I got HGSS dex to merge with rhh's expansion and it compiled fine but in testing, I found that catching things would bring me to the vanilla Pokedex. Worse, when I tried catching alternate forms the game would just straight up crash. I realize this is because within the last year, hgss Pokedex was separated out into its own file but the functions related to showing the Pokedex screen after a new capture were still kept fully intact in pokedex.c. pokedex_plus_hgss.c kept the functions related to drawing the Info screen on capture but the actual function that battle_script_commands.c calls when handling the transition from catching to dex info, DisplayCaughtMonDexPage, is specifically a pokedex.c only function. I've tried adjusting bsc's includes, like including pokedex_plus_hgss.h or omitting pokedex.h, moving functions to and from each of the pokedex's, but it just leads to all sorts of other errors in compiler with undeclared or previously declared functions/variables. I'll probably still keep trying to mess with it to get it working and hopefully I find something, but I'm kind of lost on what to attempt next.

EDIT: I figured it out. For this question, I more or less copied the data over from hgss back into default pokedex.c, as well as just typing out the functions from hgss instead of just using the function names. It's pretty messy code for sure but it works. There are other things that I had to modify for hgss dex to make it work with the current iteration of expansion so I'll update this post in the future with that information for anyone that needs it, after I've solved all the issues I've found with implementing the code.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    [Pokeemerald] PokedexPlus with a HGSS style UPDATED
    Complete rework of the Pokedex in Emerald, visually inspired by the HGSS dex, but with a lot of additional functionality.
    This update adds better buttons prompts to the stats and evo screen, improves the display of infomation and shows all follow up evolutions!
    BxRCrxc.gif

Turn the Pokedex into a real Encyclopedia, giving the player access to information like all kinds of base stats, ALL possible moves the Pokemon can learn and more at a glance:
    JX7hMKq.gif

UPDATED: An evolutions screen with all requirements and possibilities for each Pokemon visible, now with ALL the previous and all following evolutions:
    swHPWuD.gif
    uW1YKj8.gif
    4nIupWi.gif

All parts of the dex in a unified style:
    xe2e1bi.gif

How to:
    Clone it into your repo:
    Code:
    git remote add xaman https://github.com/TheXaman/pokeemerald/
    git pull xaman tx_pokedexPlus_hgss
    make clean
    If you are using the BattleEngine from DizzyEgg or the newer maintained one from RHH you have to uncomment the line 358 and 359 in src/pokedex.c like so:
    Code:
    // static const u16 sSplitIcons_Pal[] = INCBIN_U16("graphics/interface/split_icons.gbapal");
    // static const u32 sSplitIcons_Gfx[] = INCBIN_U32("graphics/interface/split_icons.4bpp.lz");

Compatibility with the BattleEngine moves, fairy type and Physical/Special split is already included, as well as PokemonExpansion's hidden abilities.
    szEvphK.gif

Includes all new evolutions and evolution methodes:
    Xp7seFO.gif

Includes a Forms screen, which shows alternate forms implemented in RHH's PokemonExpansion:
    pbJLk1F.gif

Easy toggle for decapped Pokedex graphics (by NobodySociety), just change HGSS_DECAPPED to 1:
    5xHQtmJ.gif

Public projects that use the dex:
    Pokémon R.O.W.E.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald
    Pokémon Frontier Adventure

I hope you enjoy my work and if you got feedback or find any bugs, please let me know!
    If you use my dex in your project and its already public let me know, I'll add a link.

Credits: Have to be included when used!
    TheXaman - code and graphics
    AsparagusEduardo - BE/PE compatibility, additional mockups and feedback
    DizzyEgg - code for Stat Bars
    Jaizu - idea for Stat Bars
    NobodySociety - decapped graphics

Special thanks
    The people over on RHH for their help and feedback

hey i tried this and all i got were this
    tools/gbagfx/gbagfx graphics/pokedex/stat_bars.png graphics/pokedex/stat_bars.4bpp
    Failed to open "graphics/pokedex/stat_bars.png" for reading.
    make: *** [Makefile:319: graphics/pokedex/stat_bars.4bpp] Error 1

Back