• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] PokedexPlus in HGSS style UPDATED

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    [Pokeemerald] PokedexPlus with a HGSS style UPDATED
    Complete rework of the Pokedex in Emerald, visually inspired by the HGSS dex, but with a lot of additional functionality.
    This update adds better buttons prompts to the stats and evo screen, improves the display of infomation and shows all follow up evolutions!
    BxRCrxc.gif

Turn the Pokedex into a real Encyclopedia, giving the player access to information like all kinds of base stats, ALL possible moves the Pokemon can learn and more at a glance:
    JX7hMKq.gif

UPDATED: An evolutions screen with all requirements and possibilities for each Pokemon visible, now with ALL the previous and all following evolutions:
    swHPWuD.gif
    uW1YKj8.gif
    4nIupWi.gif

All parts of the dex in a unified style:
    xe2e1bi.gif

How to:
    Clone it into your repo:
    Code:
    git remote add xaman https://github.com/TheXaman/pokeemerald/
    git pull xaman tx_pokedexPlus_hgss
    make clean
    If you are using the BattleEngine from DizzyEgg or the newer maintained one from RHH you have to uncomment the line 358 and 359 in src/pokedex.c like so:
    Code:
    // static const u16 sSplitIcons_Pal[] = INCBIN_U16("graphics/interface/split_icons.gbapal");
    // static const u32 sSplitIcons_Gfx[] = INCBIN_U32("graphics/interface/split_icons.4bpp.lz");

Compatibility with the BattleEngine moves, fairy type and Physical/Special split is already included, as well as PokemonExpansion's hidden abilities.
    szEvphK.gif

Includes all new evolutions and evolution methodes:
    Xp7seFO.gif

Includes a Forms screen, which shows alternate forms implemented in RHH's PokemonExpansion:
    pbJLk1F.gif

Easy toggle for decapped Pokedex graphics (by NobodySociety), just change HGSS_DECAPPED to 1:
    5xHQtmJ.gif

Public projects that use the dex:
    Pokémon R.O.W.E.
    Pokémon Inclement Emerald
    Pokémon Frontier Adventure

I hope you enjoy my work and if you got feedback or find any bugs, please let me know!
    If you use my dex in your project and its already public let me know, I'll add a link.

Credits: Have to be included when used!
    TheXaman - code and graphics
    AsparagusEduardo - BE/PE compatibility, additional mockups and feedback
    DizzyEgg - code for Stat Bars
    Jaizu - idea for Stat Bars
    NobodySociety - decapped graphics

Special thanks
    The people over on RHH for their help and feedback

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Hello! This looks awesome and I'd love to try it out but when going to compile I'm getting this error:
    NeVjnw1.png

Not 100% sure what its wanting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    Hello! This looks awesome and I'd love to try it out but when going to compile I'm getting this error:

Not 100% sure what its wanting.

Are you using the BattleEngine from DizzyEgg or the newer maintained version from RHH?
    If so you have to uncomment the lines 358 and 359 in src/pokedex.c:
    Code:
    // static const u16 sSplitIcons_Pal[] = INCBIN_U16("graphics/interface/split_icons.gbapal");
    // static const u32 sSplitIcons_Gfx[] = INCBIN_U32("graphics/interface/split_icons.4bpp.lz");
    I forgot to add that step to the tutorial, hope it fixes it, please let me know.
    And thanks for pointing it out!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    This looks incredible! Love the stats screen, having all that info visible in-game is just brilliant.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    This looks incredible! Love the stats screen, having all that info visible in-game is just brilliant.

Thank you, making those stats accessible to player was my main reason to remake the dex.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi! First of all, thank you for this amazing work, I pulled it a long time ago and it's incredibly well done, managed to get it working without bugs. Lately I had to pull it again, but the search menu looks like this:

wPflRvu.png

The thing is, the first time I had the same problem but I solved it, and I don't remember how xD. I've compared all my files with the working ones and everything is the same. If you have any idea on how to solve it I'd appreciate it. Thanks c:

Edit: Oh my god, this is so dumb, I did nothing and it's solved again, I think you have to simply compile the project more than one time and it refreshes the new graphics or something, because otherwise it looks glitched as above. Anyway, thank you for this great work

Last edited:
    Years
  • It looks great! I have a question though, will forms ever be implemented like in HGSS so you can track every form (if using the PE/BE for example) you've gotten and which ones not?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    It looks great! I have a question though, will forms ever be implemented like in HGSS so you can track every form (if using the PE/BE for example) you've gotten and which ones not?

I'm glad you like it and I have added an evolutions screen, but I have not looked into the forms system from BE/PE yet, might do that in the futur, if I find an idea of how to best display that information.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm glad you like it and I have added an evolutions screen, but I have not looked into the forms system from BE/PE yet, might do that in the futur, if I find an idea of how to best display that information.

Forms are just separate species, what you could do is make a property in the struct with information with all the species that are a form of that mon (if that makes sense)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Seeing how hecking cool this is motivated me to start working on my hack again just so I can include this. Cheers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2022
    This is an awesome hack. I really enjoyed using it in R.O.W.E., It's incredibly useful and I'd really love to see others adopt it.

I'm planning on incorporating it into Ryuhouji's Emerald Enhanced for my own use and was hoping you could comment on the feasibility of this? Would it be as simple as adapting a few files (e.g. pokedex*.c) to remain compatible with Ryuhouji's changes or would it would require significant refactoring?

Thanks again for this awesome feature.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    Forms are just separate species, what you could do is make a property in the struct with information with all the species that are a form of that mon (if that makes sense)

Implemented a forms screen, which shows all alterned options! Does not track which one's caught tho, due to the way the RHH system is set up (catching 1 form is considered having that Pokemon caught), but it gives a good overview of the possibilities, I hope you like it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    This is an awesome hack. I really enjoyed using it in R.O.W.E., It's incredibly useful and I'd really love to see others adopt it.

I'm planning on incorporating it into Ryuhouji's Emerald Enhanced for my own use and was hoping you could comment on the feasibility of this? Would it be as simple as adapting a few files (e.g. pokedex*.c) to remain compatible with Ryuhouji's changes or would it would require significant refactoring?

Thanks again for this awesome feature.

Thanks! Didnt know someone was already using it in a public project, but amazing to hear!

Implementing my Dex for EE should be possible, if Ryuhouji uses a fairly recent version of the RHH branches. If so implementing it should be quite easy, dont even think there will be many merge conflics, 98% of this project is in pokedex.c and the rest are graphics which shouldnt interfere with anything else.

Years
  • Implemented a forms screen, which shows all alterned options! Does not track which one's caught tho, due to the way the RHH system is set up (catching 1 form is considered having that Pokemon caught), but it gives a good overview of the possibilities, I hope you like it.

Amazing man! Not sure how it worked in the original game (with mon like Rotom, Deoxys and Arceus to name the only ones I know) but it would be nice if eventually you could make it so the forms unlock once you've "caught" them (or simply changed the base mon's form like giving Arceus a plate)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This is amazing, big fan of you work! I did find an issue where only the base form's data is shown, even if the base form is not caught. For example, a caught Alolan Diglett doesn't show any data about Alolan Diglett and instead only shows data for regular Diglett.

Back