• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] PokedexPlus in HGSS style UPDATED

Dvsein

Dark Tyranitar
Years
  • Excellent version of the pokedex, I liked it a lot so I inserted it in my repository, I tried it in the game and everything is fine, now only the dexnav remains

<3 thanks for this and I will not forget to give credits!

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    Just pushed a huge update, I hope you enjoy!
    Now with ALL follow up evolutions, improved layout and information display style!
    4nIupWi.gif

If you use my dex in your project and its public let me know, I'll add a link!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Hey xaman started a new project and tried pulling this into it, got a couple of errors, that seem to stem from gEvolutionTable.

oOcLboz.png

I was guessing that for some reason it can't get the function, so I tried adding #include "data/pokemon/evolution.h" to the top, but it causes other issues.

9KVYV5T.png

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hey xaman started a new project and tried pulling this into it, got a couple of errors, that seem to stem from gEvolutionTable.

oOcLboz.png

I was guessing that for some reason it can't get the function, so I tried adding #include "data/pokemon/evolution.h" to the top, but it causes other issues.

9KVYV5T.png
    To solve your problem you just have to define gEvolutionTable as an extern function in the file where you intend to make use of it.
    In other words, throwing in a extern struct Evolution gEvolutionTable[][EVOS_PER_MON]; somewhere near the top at src/pokedex.c should fix it.

Ex:
    JUFSN1B.png

Also yeah, remove that #include "data/pokemon/evolution.h". That's incorrect.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    To solve your problem you just have to define gEvolutionTable as an extern function in the file where you intend to make use of it.
    In other words, throwing in a extern struct Evolution gEvolutionTable[][EVOS_PER_MON]; somewhere near the top at src/pokedex.c should fix it.

Ex:
    JUFSN1B.png

Also yeah, remove that #include "data/pokemon/evolution.h". That's incorrect.

Ah, that did it. Thanks a lot. I had seen extern functions all over the decomp, but I wasn't sure what they were. Still new to C.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    First, thank you. while i have some problem when compiling, when its success it works nice.
    but i wanna ask about something (sorry for bad english).

https://im.ge/i/DsHEr
    in this picture, the text kinda overflowing the selector.
    so i wanna ask, how can i change the size of the selector? is it from function in pokedex.c file or image?
    thanks in advance.

While im at it, i wanna share an issue and fix while compiling this project.
    Spoiler:

and if you experience cant go back from search result page to pokedex. try this:
    Spoiler:

i hope this can be useful

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    First, thank you. while i have some problem when compiling, when its success it works nice.
    but i wanna ask about something (sorry for bad english).

https://im.ge/i/DsHEr
    in this picture, the text kinda overflowing the selector.
    so i wanna ask, how can i change the size of the selector? is it from function in pokedex.c file or image?
    thanks in advance.

While im at it, i wanna share an issue and fix while compiling this project.
    Spoiler:

and if you experience cant go back from search result page to pokedex. try this:
    Spoiler:

i hope this can be useful

Thank you for telling me, fixed it!
    T1nq1VX.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2021
    So I followed your tutorial to a T and i also have the the newer battle engine by RHH. This is the error I'm getting
    Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `src/tx_difficulty_challenges.h', needed by `build/emerald/src/pokedex.o'.  Stop.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    So I followed your tutorial to a T and i also have the the newer battle engine by RHH. This is the error I'm getting
    Code:
    make: *** No rule to make target `src/tx_difficulty_challenges.h', needed by `build/emerald/src/pokedex.o'.  Stop.

pushed a fix!

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2023
    Reworked the stats page to use "windows", reduced load times and reduced the flickering a lot!

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Hi there. I'm also new to decomp, and I'm trying to implement this using the RHH as well.

I followed the instructions in the first post to the best of my ability, and got some merge conflicts. A friend helped me out through those, but now when I go to make the game, I get this and no game:
    unknown.png

Any idea what to do?

Edit: My friend figured it out and it's working for us now. She said "i had to replace all instances of the sSpriteXXXXXX stuff with gSpriteXXXXXXX in the pokedex thing"; the files with these changes can be found here if anyone else is having the same problem: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eqowlmvn1uw9zi4/PokedexPlus_Fixes.zip/file

Last edited:
    Back