• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeHumanfication Contest!

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012

Everyone has different tastes in style.

That just means no one cares about skill...
    Explains why folks liked Scott Pilgrim...

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

That just means no one cares about skill...
    Explains why folks liked Scott Pilgrim...

Well skill can be different depending on your style too...
    But this contest is all in good fun, so it'd probably be a good idea to take it less seriously. ^u^;;

All you really get out of this for winning is an emblem anyhow, so I don't really think it's anything to stress over. ^^;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Well, this contest is more about how well you can see what Pokemon is it than how well it's drawn. (b'')b But just don't worry about it, entering a contest should be for fun. <3 As well with what Loki said. and honestly, the images for the 1st and the 2nd should have been switched, but ah well~ :3;

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012

Well skill can be different depending on your style too...
    But this contest is all in good fun, so it'd probably be a good idea to take it less seriously. ^u^;;

All you really get out of this for winning is an emblem anyhow, so I don't really think it's anything to stress over. ^^;

I consider Skill to be the understanding of basic things like anatomy and depth so style has nothing to do with it
    and I think Stylization is more or less foregoing realism to express what you will, meaning I believe people mistake style with lack of skill alot
    Anyways you're right
    Maybe I should just drop what I will without working so hard on it

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Don't give up so easily on it! There may be some people (or rather I know there are some people on here) that notices the "skill" in drawing and maybe those will be the extra points for you to win with. xD

But, it's whatever you choose to do, aye. :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    Don't give up so easily on it! There may be some people (or rather I know there are some people on here) that notices the "skill" in drawing and maybe those will be the extra points for you to win with. xD

But, it's whatever you choose to do, aye. :3

Yeah... I suppose I still want to do a good job...

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    I'll enter in Marill, just to let you know. :)

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024

Ahh... I usually think of skill as the proficiency one commands over one's own style.
    Even if the anatomy is strange, if an artist is skillful with their style, it's not readily noticeable by the viewer.

But I'm not planning on going professional, so I've never really paid much attention to these things. xD;

I think you'd be able to whip up something really great no matter what, so good luck with whichever pokemon eventually choose! ^u^

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015

I-I don't know..I just felt left out :C

nee nee!
    Am I allowed to change my entry before the voting yes? I mean like, replace it with a colored version?

hardy harr

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    You can change your entry up until midnight August 15th. Then voting day starts and you can't change the entry. :3

yinyangmatrix: I'll add you to the list, then! :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012

@Loki
    I've seen some terrible stuff that's been labeled a style
    But meh, I suppose if you're not thinking pro then it's understandable if you don't really care about stuff like that
    I've totally picked blastoise, though I still have a bit more designing to do
    Like the tank shell and most of the outfit

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Because I was amused at the artists above conversing with eachother via self-caricatures, I feel like entering this contest. Expect a Banette from me in an hour or so. Even longer if I decide to color him. XD

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Wow those mini drawing yu guys are doing is awesome. How are you doing them exactly *o*.

I want to color mine but I don't have a white and peach colored color pencil :|,

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    haha, aye! XD I'll go ahead and add you to the list then, Timbjerr!

You'll prolly think of my style as horrible, pwnt. :B;

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012

@BinaryPeaches
    I have no idea how you draw
    @Eternal Nightmare
    Very quickly
    @Timbjerr
    Compelling other people to express themselves is one of the greatest honors of being an artists

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My drawing style is... peculiar, or so to say? XD; It's a mix of chibi and non!chibi to the anatomy is pretty off. Not going to professional drawing, so I don't care though.

I'll add your entry to the list, Iqid Loopz!

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Binary: Yeah, my entry was a way more chibi form of my regular style. I just wanted to get done. ;u; And she looks like a kid now, so I guess it all worked out. ._.

Eternal:

Nn, if I understood your question right, we're using tablets. Or did you mean like, what program we're using..?

Timbjerr: Ahaha, glad you're enjoying this as much as I am. xD pwnt2j makes the most interesting expressions wouldn't you agree? |D

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well what do you think about my style then :3. I'm curious. And I want to make a caricature of myself like that :o.

Yesh I was asking what program :3.

Back