• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokeMart

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Wonder what the reason for this was. There probably is one; seems like a step backwards almost as the combined Pokemon Center was more efficient. Maybe the old space in PCs will get replaced by something, or there will be another feature to PokeMarts. I just really can't see why they would separate them again. D:
    I believe that's been answered above, actually. It's a throwback to the original games. There can be no other reason.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I believe that's been answered above, actually. It's a throwback to the original games. There can be no other reason.

I doubt any of you actually know the true reason, though. ;) Combined centers were so efficient, I really don't get why they split them again. It's not like separate marts are a RSE-specific trait anyway. Why would split Pokemart/Center be a throwback? Why would they choose this out of all things to keep from original games?

Years
  • I would really like to see them separated again, it was weird to seem them combined into one building in X/Y. I suppose it's just the nostalgic part of me that would like the map/layout of Hoenn to be as close to the original as possible.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I doubt any of you actually know the true reason, though. ;) Combined centers were so efficient, I really don't get why they split them again. It's not like separate marts are a RSE-specific trait anyway. Why would split Pokemart/Center be a throwback? Why would they choose this out of all things to keep from original games?
    Because otherwise they'd have to find another use for the building, or something else to put there. I mean, it's possible they did this, and put basic supplies in the Pokémon Center, but they likely did not want to change something in every single town around the Mart in the originals.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Because otherwise they'd have to find another use for the building, or something else to put there. I mean, it's possible they did this, and put basic supplies in the Pokémon Center, but they likely did not want to change something in every single town around the Mart in the originals.

Yeah I agree with ya, Would actually make most of the cities much more bare and smaller in comparison xD

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Probably some will be replaced by the clothes store.

The rest...? Not sure.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
  • Perhaps the blue roofed buildings are going to have a different use. Maybe the pokemarts are going to be in the pokemon centers and the new stores are going to be boutiques/stores for secret base items? Maybe even exclusive items (rare pokeballs, vitamins, evolution stones, ect)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    That's actually a good point. The clothing stores need a location. Maybe that's what the "Mart" now is!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • While I prefer the Mart and Pokemon Center being in one convenient facility, I do like how they separated them as a throwback to the original games.

On a lighter note, we will get a revised Mart soundtrack. :)

Oh right the music for one hasn't been heard since Generation IV ended.
    I think they'll sell some basic items along with clothes. I noticed that the buildings look the same size as the Pokecenters, so perhaps they added an additional room for clothes.

Years
  • YAS this is exciting me way more than I think it actually should lol xD

I never was overly keen on the merge in the later Generations, yes it's more convenient and everything but I totally preferred having separate buildings as to me it's more realistic having a specified area for all your poké needs and plus, you get to wander round the town more instead of being crammed in the Poké centre for everything haha :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • God I am so excited to hear the Pokemart music again haha xD Also, thinking it over, I dont think they would really add the clothes inside the mart because it is a mart.

Maybe in the Lilycove Department Store, they would be but I guess Marts wont have the clothes section in them :)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • They probably just brought them back to save them work. I mean..if they combined them they would have to fill the space in every town with something new.

Plus Hoenn isn't as much of an industrial nation compared to Kalos and Unova. They have the space for them to be separate. This is also a reason (one out of many) why places like Walmart have become so widespread. Having everything in one spot instead of all spread out allows for more room for housing and various other things.

masterxy

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I think they might just merge the clothes store with the mart building or replace it as a whole, so the regular mart will still be in the pokecenter and the blue roofed building will be a boutique.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Hope they leave the PokeMart inside the PokeCenter. It's just really convenient and saves you time you'd waste going from Center to MArt.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Gotta say, I was a little disappointed to see the Pokemarts in the trailer for the game. I was hoping for something new in their place (which technically could still happen, if the blue roofed buildings have another purpose).

I've gotten really used to having the mart in the back of the Pokemon Centre, I loved the set up from X/Y.

Oh well, I suppose I could get used to it being a separate building again.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Given how rare my visits were, it's not that big a deal to me. But yes, the setup in X/Y was fantastic. And as I said, it's matching the original games, so it makes sense.

Back