• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen PokeMart

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Maybe that's the lab? It looks like they're near route one as the only time the rival is with the player looking at grass is when they're teaching you about capturing Pokemon and battling...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    12.jpg

That is clearly a PokéMart.
    Yeah! Remakes even better! (Aside from the great release date of 28th)

(This is Petalburg City btw)

EDIT: Greninja'd!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • That can't be a sign, because if you look at this image:

12.jpg

It's there again, I think, at a different angle. I think they've brought back Pokémon Marts for good.

Alright, now that looks like it. It seems that we get all the old areas (there doesn't seem to be any new areas that are visible on the map), the same exclusive evil team, but we get Megas and Ancient devolution as the new things.

erisfrost

Rocket in Training!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    The mall in unova just felt kinda...meh... compared to the other department stores. D:

If that is indeed a pokemart, then I am actually a little excited for separate pokemarts! It will give the game the actual feel of the original generation, instead of just having kalos with ruby and sapphire paint splashed on~

If they did get rid of marts, then I would love for them to either put contests halls back in the towns, or add boutiques. maybe, both?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I don't like that Marts are coming back because IMO having Marts inside PCs was a vast improvement over previous games. I was worried that GF would bring back obsolete worldbuilding concepts with these remakes and this is a sign my concerns are accurate.

Years
  • Well too bad because they're making a comeback lol I'm glad that they are because it is a remake of the game after all. I liked having separate buildings.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I like it for the fact that this is a remake, and all of the first four gens. have this setup. Which makes sense, being based on Japan, whereas in other countries things tend to get put together for convenience. See huge megamalls.

I hate the separate buildings, though, and like that newer generations have merged them. Whether they are well-merged is a topic of discussion in and of itself.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I would like to meet "Mr. Poe Kee Mart" the owner of the PokeMart retail chain and ask him why he moved out of the Pokemon Center.

Corporate Shenanigans ensue . Devon Corp is behind it all.

Years
  • Relatively surprised that they decided to separate Centers and Marts yet again, seeing as combined, it proved to be much more efficient and convenient. Maybe it's just a nod towards them being remakes of RSE? If I were a developer for Game Freak, I would've kept the combined centers.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Yay I actually like having the Marts back! Now the thing is, will anything big be added more in the Marts this time? I mean, the reason we had the combined building in Unova and Kalos is that to save space and more productive right? Maybe they might add some clothing inside the Marts?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I feel like the PokeMart and PokeCenters are only separate in these games as a nod to the original games since they were separate in the originals. I think in Z/the sequels of XY and Gen 7, they will go back to being combined. I don't see why there's people who have such a problem with the combined PokeMart/Pokemon Center. It's a lot more convenient and more realistic (many hospitals have a mart or shopping area in them so people can buy medicine to take home or food when they get hungry).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Relatively surprised that they decided to separate Centers and Marts yet again, seeing as combined, it proved to be much more efficient and convenient. Maybe it's just a nod towards them being remakes of RSE?
    That's exactly what it is. And will be if Sinnoh gets remade someday, though that won't be on the 3DS; it would be on some system in 2019.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • While I prefer the Mart and Pokemon Center being in one convenient facility, I do like how they separated them as a throwback to the original games.

On a lighter note, we will get a revised Mart soundtrack. :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wonder what the reason for this was. There probably is one; seems like a step backwards almost as the combined Pokemon Center was more efficient. Maybe the old space in PCs will get replaced by something, or there will be another feature to PokeMarts. I just really can't see why they would separate them again. D:

Back