• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemarts

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
    what are you guys' thoughts on pokemarts turning into another facility of the pokemon center since gen 5? I personally found it a good change because its way easier to "go to one place to buy stuff and heal" than "go to one building for healing then go to another building to buy stuff"

beck0n

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I've enjoyed it thus far. I think that remakes that originally had the PokeMarts as separate entities should keep it that way, however. I personally feel like it was an innovation that came later on in the world's development rather than something you can insert. If there's a Sinnoh remake, or another Johto/Kanto remake, it should include the separated PokeMart, but any post-Black/White remake should have the PokeMarts inside of the PokeCenters. Otherwise, newer regions that take place after Hugh & Hilda's adventures in Unova should have them combined.

Years
    If all the Pokemon Centers and Poke Marts weren't copy+paste versions of each other, then I'd be okay if they were still separate. That said, I don't see that changing any time soon, so might as well have one building that takes care of everything, and leaves space on the map for other buildings or landmarks,

I agree with beck0n though that unless we're going to future versions of old regions, then everything should remain the same, with separate Pokemon Centers and Marts.

Years
    I think the 2-in-1 facility of pokemon center and pokemart is actually a good idea. and i like it! much better than going back-and-forth

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Just thinking pokemart fused with pokemon center it feels like you are going to a hospital with a convenient store. Despite I like when pokemart combined into one, I rather like them separate and because its just too spacey for a pokemon center also just more NPCs that doent do much making it more crowded than ever. A single building is nice where we see those
    Pokemarts

Years
    would rather not have them separate.

looking back at old town/city layouts of Hoenn in particular, Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts were usually next to each other anyways, if not just a few steps away, so they both might as well be combined. I do get the argument of immersion, but I'd rather the space used by Pokemarts go to some other point of interest of sorts.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
    if they were separate, I'd feel poke-marts could be cooler with a privately owned front, so each town's store looks different.
    Rather than all looking identical, like brand stores..
    In fact, even if they looked similar inside, but the layout being different, like a lot of RL brand stores.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    To be honest, combining them into one area was way overdue. Like when I play Yellow, I have to visit Pokemon Center to heal and then have to navigate my way to the PokeMart to buy/sell anything of need. Only instance where I don't have to do that is Victory Road and I'm like... why couldn't they do that everywhere... ugh.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Whether separated or combined, the Centers and Marts had the same interior anyways, so combining them was a really good choice for parsing down unnecessary things and making room for other buildings. There are still some locations with a mall or market in the regions so integrating the Marts into the Centers did only good.

For a potential DPP remake, it would make sense to keep them separate, but if they combined them so the Marts could be replaced with something new, such as clothing stores or other special buildings, I wouldn't be against it.

Back