• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon 2019 (sub)

Years
  • I liked seeing Go's parents in one of the newer episodes! They are cute, and man does he live in a fancy apartment building haha. Cute to see how much of a Pokémon geek he was since the beginning, and his parents being tech savvy and making him a fancy multi-monitor setup solely for his dream of looking for Mew was cute.

also i love ash's gengar and dragonite?? they have a lot of personality<3

Years
  • spoilers for future eps

Spoiler:

what do you guys think of this? his team will be really strong this saga, omg

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years

Spoiler:

1.So that's how he will get another canine pokemon
    2.Also aw 😍

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years

Spoiler:

what do you guys think of this? his team will be really strong this saga, omg

You mean we might actually get furthering of the 'Ash has aura powers' plotline that was never furthered? YES PLEASE

Also if he gets Sobble that means it's at least possible he gets Sniper-Mon and that's 😍 for me.

Years
  • i completely understand and respect the fact that they want to keep their staff safe in a pandemic! makes me very satisfied to hear. all the best to them.

but ahhh i will miss my two sons and the series! ;_; really been enjoying it.

Years
  • Yeah, indeed.
    Health comes first before anything and if they don't take care of themselves who will make new episodes for us the fans if something happens to any member of the staff team? A few months of waiting are worth it until this pandemic is over so we will be able to enjoy this beautiful anime again. Furthermore, I heard Rica has breathing problems so its not the time to risk her or any other staff. Hopefully they all will stay healthy and safe! Best Wishes.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • I loved the recent episodes. The Pokemon Park, The TR one as well as this recent Ash vs Korrina. This anime has been much better than previous seasons.

Years
  • The Korrina episode was good yeah! I wish Gengar lasted longer in its battle though, poor baby.... but the animation with Dragonite battling was soo good. I'd love to see a rivalry built up between Ash's Riolu and Korrina's Lucario!!

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • The Korrina episode was good yeah! I wish Gengar lasted longer in its battle though, poor baby.... but the animation with Dragonite battling was soo good. I'd love to see a rivalry built up between Ash's Riolu and Korrina's Lucario!!

I don't think a rivalry will develop. Riolu seems to really look up to Lucario.

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • hm, I personally think so....
    I don't think a rivalry will develop. Riolu seems to really look up to Lucario.
    This type of relationship isn't unheard of, often the pre-evolution looks up to/respects the evolved form in some sort of way and then upon evolution develops a rivalry with it or the other Pokémon becomes its foil (as in, Ash's Pokémon is set up or foreshadowed to beat it at some point in the series). See: Rockruff with Gladion's Lycanroc, Litten with Kukui's Incineroar, etc!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Any call backs for XY I am all for. I think Korrina will eventually come back one way or another. Out of all the people they could have brought, they chose Korrina right after Ash gets Riolu, so I really think they are setting something up there.

I will say that it would have been nice for Ash's Riolu to be shiny. To make it stick out from all the other Lucarios we have seen. But then again, he already has Dragonite and Pikachu who are both yellow. Plus Lucario's non shiny matches Ash main colors better.

It be nice if Ash's Riolu got something special, maybe like a Black Belt or a scarf or something unique.

Also to mention other rivalry's. Froakie also had a rivalry between Frogider in XY with Senpai's. Which helped Froakie become better. it was similar to how Riolu is now with Lucario.

Last edited:

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • Any call backs for XY I am all for. I think Korrina will eventually come back one way or another. Out of all the people they could have brought, they chose Korrina right after Ash gets Riolu, so I really think they are setting something up there.

I will say that it would have been nice for Ash's Riolu to be shiny. To make it stick out from all the other Lucarios we have seen. But then again, he already has Dragonite and Pikachu who are both yellow. Plus Lucario's non shiny matches Ash main colors better.

It be nice if Ash's Riolu got something special, maybe like a Black Belt or a scarf or something unique.

Also to mention other rivalry's. Froakie also had a rivalry between Frogider in XY with Senpai's. Which helped Froakie become better. it was similar to how Riolu is now with Lucario.
    ah you know, now I'm really interested in the idea of Ash catching another shiny this season :O

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I changed the title of this thread, just in case anyone was confused.

Anyway, I watched the first 12 episodes on netflix and really enjoyed them. I hope the next 12 come out by the end of year, but idk how Netflix works with that sorta stuff...

Also, it'd be cool if Ash caught another shiny. I'd welcome it, even.

PB

creation hero
    Years
  • Hiii,
    I changed the thread title back to the original as Journeys is the dubbed name, and people associate it with the dub. It's a bit more risky since Pokémon 2019 is what the subbed goes by, and the subbed is 3-4ish months ahead. Absolutely appreciate the thought and concern though, ty!!

As for the episodes, it'll be in a 12 episode release format every 3 months! You can check that out and discuss any dub content in our very own dub discussion thread here!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As said, we should get at least 24 more episodes this year if everything holds up. Unless they decide to expand the amount once Japan gets ahead a bit more.

Anyway, I have only watched the Dub so far, as I don't really care to watch Pokemon Sub. But I do know everything that happens.

So far, there has be 1 thing that really really bothers me and that was Ash thinking Snorlax in the WIld Area was a Gigantamax. He has seen numerous Snorlax that are huge and even caught one... and his Snorlax was one of the largest ones in the anime... If I recall, he is able to sit on Snorlax's shoulder after one of his matches...

I know it is a minor thing and I know it is a continuation with showing everything at the start, but I really hope that doesn't become a normal thing in the series.

Years
  • so gou did get sobble! pretty big surprise, they really liked making it seem like ash would get it. it's so cute though omg... I love his voice in the japanese version <3

ash getting galarian farfetch'd was not at all what I expected either. but i also love him

Years
  • the latest episode was cute!! i loved how ren had a desktop wallpaper of him and his magnemite, so precious

also yamper's little pawsies and swim tube? oh my goshh

Spoiler:

Back