• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: A Paper Mario Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
Years
  • The Sneak Peek has been released!

It goes up to the part where you battle Bowser.

PLEASE READ
    The intro isn't finished.
    Mario looks messed up in beginning (forgot to edit)
    Luigi intro hasn't been done.
    Trainer Back Poses are incomplete
    There may be some tile errors
    If you start out as Luigi you can see yourself in beginning.

Doesn't sound too bad. I'm off it try it out now.

Night_Blue

STFU
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Great hack
    I only saw tile errors,but still great
    BTW,are you going to add side scrolling,it would make it feel alot more like a mario game

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Bugs I found:
    - Mario Pic is jacked
    - When ur Mario Luigi is invisible outside...
    - Many mapping errors
    - Many movement permission probs
    - The EQ won't stop untill the battle(my fault)
    - Youngster on Mushroom Path still says what he used to.
    - lack of signpost scripts....

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Bugs I found:
    - Mario Pic is jacked
    - When ur Mario Luigi is invisible outside...
    - Many mapping errors
    - Many movement permission probs
    - The EQ won't stop untill the battle(my fault)
    - Youngster on Mushroom Path still says what he used to.
    - lack of signpost scripts....

Yea, I know. Those aren't bugs, those are errors...The houses were meant to be closed! That's why I don't map. I have yet to edit other people's scripts... Yep, and that's why this isn't the Pre Beta.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • The sign in front of Peach's Castle can only be read from the backside, while you end up walking through it from the front. Also, there were quite a few unresponsive people and doors in the area. I can understand if they serve a purpose, but it's best to either not include them in a beta or just finish them first. Also, there were a few grammatical errors in some conversations. But since its a pre-pre beta, I'm sure these little errors ought be fixed up. Not to mention, your scripts were rather well done, though the bowser battle seemed a bit one-sided.

Night_Blue

STFU
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Wario for Mario and Waluigi for Luigi?
    Yoshi?
    Donkey Kong or Diddy?
    Idk,to many guesses >.<

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • In answer to beating Bowser when he is invincible, you have to......

Spoiler:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Ok here is the thing, I thought your maps were...bad, So I took the Liberty upon myself to re-mapp them(don't worry I will leave the scripts/houses in the same place). I am sorry if this is an insult, but I want you to be able to move toward the beta while I improve stuff.

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • Ok here is the thing, I thought your maps were...bad, So I took the Liberty upon myself to re-mapp them(don't worry I will leave the scripts/houses in the same place). I am sorry if this is an insult, but I want you to be able to move toward the beta while I improve stuff.

I don't take it as an insult, I really don't like mapping, I've focused more on scripting rather than mapping when I started hacking. I greatly appreciate that :D.

Anyways here are some updates.

I've extended the length of the Pre Beta, I didn't feel it was right to leave the gamer without any knowledge of the Star Spirits and why you must rescue them. So That outta clear some questions about them.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I don't take it as an insult, I really don't like mapping, I've focused more on scripting rather than mapping when I started hacking. I greatly appreciate that :D.

Anyways here are some updates.

I've extended the length of the Pre Beta, I didn't feel it was right to leave the gamer without any knowledge of the Star Spirits and why you must rescue them. So That outta clear some questions about them.

That's good:D I finished up Mt.Shroom, I'll sent it to you Via PM! Now on to Mushroom Road!

Last edited:

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I am extremely happy about this hack. Dont give up, keep at it, because it will please many people when it is done. Now I have a question:
    Will we travel to the same 7 locations + bowsers castle? (the chapters, I mean)

ALSO: I love the paper mario original music, is it going to be in the game? If you know how to insert it?
    because I happen to have every track for the game, and if you needed them, I'd provide.
    EDIT: also, shouldn't there be people at peach's party?

Last edited:

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
    Years
  • I am extremely happy about this hack. Dont give up, keep at it, because it will please many people when it is done. Now I have a question:
    Will we travel to the same 7 locations + bowsers castle? (the chapters, I mean)

ALSO: I love the paper mario original music, is it going to be in the game? If you know how to insert it?
    because I happen to have every track for the game, and if you needed them, I'd provide.

I'll attempt to insert them, though I doubt I'll succeed, they need to be a .Mid

ajg.dude

Just a simple Hack lover.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    does anyone know of a method of converting .mp3's into .mid's?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back