• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:advance

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
Years
  • That's gotta be tough, providing the voice over for not just two characters but the two >main< characters. Although I guess it's similar to the people who voice Misty/Jessie and Brock/James.

But if I may ask, why do so many people hate Veronica Taylor? I mean, she does give Ash a pretty distinct voice. I am new here, so maybe I'm out of the loop, but why are a lot of you against her doing May's voice?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Haruka said:
    Not Veronica Taylor.. *pukes*

I don't like Veronica Taylor.. if she does may, I will not watch AG all togeter. :P

*nods and agrees*

i made up my mind not to watch AG at all a long time ago, ever since i saw 30 second of A New Land a New Adventure in english...

Years
  • Here are my thoughts on it.

I've already seen the two 'preview' episodes thanls to 4Kids and they weren't dubbed well, IMO. The bad jokes, the same alliteration and the unnecessary music changes are rampant already and AG hasn't started for me yet (I live in NYC).

What's even more amazing is that in the 2nd episode, there's a cut. So retarded, 4Kids.

About the voices, everything seems fine except Haruka (May) herself. The fact that Veronica Taylor does little to differentiate May and her other roles (Ash and his mom) makes us realize how much little effort she's putting into this. I vaguely remember her voice changing pitch and getting gruffer possibly after voicing Ash in a scene. I still maintain high hopes, though. Maybe 4Kids had the heart to redo the episode for the better (yeah right).

The worse thing said comes from the 1st episode, thougb bear my recollection comes as a paraphrase:

'Ah, my bike got BBQ'ed!' - May

Ugh, how annoying. BBQ'ed isn't even right, technically.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • out of the 30 sec which made me puke already... well just listen to this sentence and look for it in the show... it should be the first line *** says

"Hi I'm *** and I'm 10 years old"

and then immediately listen to...

"ouch(!)" (when she crashes into the tree). You can't tell any difference in the tone!

now watch the same 30 sec of it in japanese and feel the magic...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    OffRoadSP said:
    That's gotta be tough, providing the voice over for not just two characters but the two >main< characters. Although I guess it's similar to the people who voice Misty/Jessie and Brock/James.

But if I may ask, why do so many people hate Veronica Taylor? I mean, she does give Ash a pretty distinct voice. I am new here, so maybe I'm out of the loop, but why are a lot of you against her doing May's voice?
    Yep, I agree. ^_^ It's not too hard to tell Ash's voice apart from any on other shows.
    I think she does a pretty decent job, considering she's got to voice about three totally different characters. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I do wish that anyone who didn't like either the Japanese or English versions would just leave the other alone. Though most fans prefer the original Japanese version, there are still people who enjoy the English better, and insulting it like that can really be offensive to them. But that's just my opinion...

*runs away before anything starts*

Hitaro

Webamster of Slateport!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2004
    Well i personally think May's voice is ok. It gets better in further episodes

Listen to the movie clip i added. Sounds better

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • PokeMaster3000 said:
    Why do you guys hate Veronica Taylor so much?
    I'm confused... I thought some people loved her voice...
    I'm completely indifferent as to who provides the voice of who...but there are certain people who dislike the dubs soo much (either for their choice of voice acters or any dubbed names of people or things...which I think is just childish) that they refuse to watch them at all...

Marisa

And she's talking to herself in every episode. XDD She plays Ash, too.

It's like... Scott McNeil in Megaman all over again. XDD

ash_misty4ever

We should be lovers....
    Years
  • EVERY1 SHUT UP ABOUT MAY"S VOICE!!!!!!!
    *takes six deep breaths!*
    ok now I for one like veronica taylor because I would be mad how they had the stupid voice for Ash in the first season. And 4kids isnt lazy to hire people because they wouldn't have that much money. Where as taylor would say that she would do the voices and get paid cheaper than if anyone else got the voice. This is the Post called Pokemon:Advanced not puke when u hear veronica Taylor.

Master T

Ladies Man
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    i hope this isnt against the rules, but...

does anyone have a link or the audio for the opening of the pokemon advance? cause there has only been like 3 episodes and i like the opening song and i dont get to hear it much. thanks.

Master T

Ladies Man
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2007
    I doubled post for a reason. Because like it was about 3 hours later that i posted that first one. And if i edited it then people wouldnt be able to get the link because they would just think the thread has no new post.

O and also, no offence, but learn to spell buddy.

Last edited:
    Back