• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:advance

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    Hey, Frosty just cause the openings gonna be retarded dont mean the shows gonna suck! ^_^;

main main main reason why i'm not going to watch Pokemon:Advanced
    a: Veronica Taylor
    b: Veronica Taylor and you know who
    c: Veronica Taylor doing you know who's voice
    d: "Ouch" (said with monotone, in first episode within 1 min)
    e: you know who sounds more like a walking corpse than a naive energetic sweet girl
    f: Veronica Taylor doing both satoshi (which is fine...) and you know who's voice... sounds like satoshi and his mother though
    g: why don't i just watch the japanese one online...

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • its messed up how 4kids is too lazy to get different voice actors! >_< people are gona get the idea Haruka and Satoshi are related! cause they sound the same! ^_^;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
  • LOL @ Arcanine...

I highly doubt that.. uhhhh.. okay

Not Veronica Taylor...

I can't get the name out of my head now
    Veronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica Taylor!
    oh no...
    Veronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica TaylorVeronica Taylor?

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Haruka needs medical help NOW! *calls the doctor* Hey, Doc you got any medicine for the Veronica Taylor Flu? *gets medicine* here ya go Haruka! *gives Haruka the medicine*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • best medecin for Veronica Taylor flue: fire Veronica Taylor as the voice dub for you know who... i can live with the fact that she's both Satoshi and his mother, but not being you know who as well...

Unown_

Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    um they already got the opening theme for it i think. I think it's going to be "It Takes Two"

*throws up*
    I hereby ask everyone as my witness that i shall never watch Pokemon:Advance in my life!

"It Takes Two" ?!?! You can't be serious! *throws up*. Is this confirmed? The melody of the song sounded familiar from a commercial, so I've done some background research on the matter and guess what? (This is going to get a little lengthy so prepare your self...)

Whoever wrote the song isn't quite creative. Cuz this song is based on another song which is also called "It Takes Two" but is sung and written by Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston. The song is dated 1967. So basically The writter of the "new one" simply recycled a 33 years old song!!!

Both songs are almost identical except for the lyrics. The chorus are the same.
    Here is a lyrics comparison:

blue = recycled version
    green = original

One can have a dream, baby
    I can have a dream, baby
    Two can make that dream so real
    Two can make that dream come true
    One can talk about bein' in love
    I can talk about winning
    Two can say how it really feels
    Two can help you battle through
    One can wish upon a star
    And pokemon can take you halfway
    Two can make that wish come true, yeah
    Two can help you win the game
    One can stand alone in the dark
    I can surely help you avoid disaster
    Two can make the light shine through
    Two can bring you pokemon fame

CHORUS (is the same in both versions)
    It takes two, baby
    It takes two, baby
    Me and you, just takes two
    It takes two, baby
    It takes two, baby
    To make a dream come true, just takes two

One can have a broken heart, livin' in misery
    I can easily *don't know the rest*
    Two can really ease the pain like a perfect remedy
    *don't this part* Two can work together, baby. Definitely can't be beat
    One can be alone in a car, on a night like these all alone
    I can try *don't know the rest*
    Two can make just any place seem just like bein' at home
    Two can look the challenge in the eye. And together they can overcome.

(chorus)
    (original version is instrumental. Recycled version is chorus)
    Just takes two, just takes two

One can go out to a movie, lookin' for a special treat
    I can play pokemon movie *unknown*
    Two can make that single movie somethin' really kinda sweet
    Two can link up together, and battle anywhere all day
    One can take a walk in the moonlight, thinkin' that it's really nice
    I can get better at pokemon *unknown* 'to be number one' *unknown*
    But two walkin' hand - in - hand is like addin' just a pinch of spice
    But two who play a lot together, will surely have twice the fun

repeat chorus and fade

I've included an attachment of the original

Last edited:

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well i don't like the idea of the song for the opening or the person the doing the voice of you know who. I'm still going to watch it though. I could be worse and think even with all that it won't be bad.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • "it takes two" is the official English opening ?!?

I heard that song a while back on the internet, but I shrugged it off as someone just acting stupid making a parody of the old song to sound like a pok?mon theme song...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • k not official but then many site speculated that as why would they make a song for nothing... It Takes Two isn't on any CD yet, so mostly likely it'll be used somewhere in Pokemon:Advance... and i agree with these sites. However never take anything 100% confirmed unless i say so... i'll try to find the site again.

G-LANCE

Fire and Dragon!!!
    Years
  • *imagines what it would be like if may and ash's mom met*....

Delila: Oh honey, you switched girlfriends so soon? the red-head was so cute.
    Ash: MOOOM!!.
    Brock: It's okay Mrs. Ketchum, i make sure it's PG! *winks*

eeeeeeuuuhhh
    *gets thought out of mind*
    why bother with american/canadian ag when i can just watch it here?
    (i live in korea!)

Unown_

Years
  • I just hope 4kids or whoever is responsible for writting the song is just playing a joke on us all and that the new opening is still in make. If they're just going to put it onto some Pokemon CD, go ahead. I don't have any problem with that. But if this really IS the opening, i swear: I"LL HATE 4KIDS UNTIL THE END OF TIME!!!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I haven't heard the song yet, so I can't rate it right now... Does the Pok?mon theme's music sound anything like the original one? (Because if so, it seems like they might could get sued for practically cloning the song, and just changing the lyrics a bit.)

Unown_

Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    I haven't heard the song yet, so I can't rate it right now... Does the Pok?mon theme's music sound anything like the original one? (Because if so, it seems like they might could get sued for practically cloning the song, and just changing the lyrics a bit.)

Here is a mp3 of the pokemon version. I got the link from Pokelord.com.

http://sapphiretrans.free.fr/First_Advanced_Generation_English_Song.mp3

I personally don't like this song very much. Nor the original, neither the pokemon-version. But like I said: they can put it onto a Pokemon CD for all I care. As long as it isn't the opening song for Pokemon Advanced.

I don't think they would get sued, because the original is 33 years old. Kinda like playing Nintendo NES-ROM's on a pc. The NES system is very old and sueing someone over such an old system just isn't worth the trouble. But the fact that the odds are slim DOESN'T mean they can't.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I notice that in the pokemon version of the song, there are parts where Ash and May's voices can be heard at the same time...I just got a thought, if they have the same voice actor, how can you distinguish both their voices at the same time in that song?

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    (Thanks Unknown_!)

*dies from hearing Ash sing*

That has to be a song created for a CD! I'm not saying it really is, because I could be wrong, but it's just too different from the ones they've had so far. Here's a list of reasons why I kinda think that...

It is almost exactly like the original version, just with some different Pok?mon related words added. Usually most people are creative enough to write their own lyrics. (If you've seen on some soundtracks, they make recreations of old classic songs.)

It's unusual hearing the characters singing instead of someone else. (They've always had some guy singing for the Pok?mon themes...) Like on Misty's Song, where that was supposed to be proof that she likes Ash. This could easily be some marketing trick for the 'proof' that Ash and May like each other. (They keep saying "Baby" and the song is It Takes Two.)

I could've sworn I heard 'One can play Pok?mon Sapphire' (And Ruby). If it's the official theme for the show, then I doubt they'd have any Pok?mon games mentioned on it that we have in real life. >_>;

Why would it be just Ash and May? There's still Masato, Brock, and maybe even Misty in the group. (Pikachu too! He could've been talking about his partner, Pikachu, but I never heard a 'Pikaaa' in the background.)

Those are my opinions, but I think they're pretty good. Nobody flame me if it ends up to be the official song though, lol! ^_^;

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • don't worry... if it is the real song then everyone will point the head of the spear towards 4kids... hope that it won't be the opening as it's even the worst Pokemon song i've ever heard of so far...

Years
  • HAHA!! That opening is too funny! I don't really think its gonna be the opening, but they talk about 'two' as in double battles i think, and thats in the original song. Hearing Ash, makes me Laugh soo much! can stop the Laughter!!!

Last edited:
    Back