• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aeternus Noctis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
  • I like how this is going.
    Your maps and tilesets are one of the bests here in this area, nowadays
    Show us a little bit more of the plot, please. so much mysteryyyyyy
    BUT I LUV DAT MYSTERY

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Hey, I like the story and all, Can you post the worl map of those regions? also the picture of the new hero?

Years
  • If you don't mind me asking, have you picked starters yet? ( you probably did earlier in your first post lol)
    Didnt pick the starter..singular, you wont get a choice, but I think i'm going to go with a pokemon that can only evolve through a stone.

The graphics and stuff look pretty neat I'd say.
    As for the story I wont say that much, you didn't reveal that much until now anyways, nor the starter Pokemon. So I'll wait until there is more.

But I kind of want to see logic in Screenshot, like if theyre only there to show of the graphics, story or whatever reason at all.
    HpCN1uU.png

The first thing I asked myself is "Oh is that route ending there?".
    I mean why does that "Bad guy" face you there, since Events happen through scripts, whats the point of the hero steping into that tile to triger this Event?

Usually when I play a hack, I kind of dont train that much so I might not walk into that grass at all, does this mean I wouldnt be able to see this Event?

Other than this, good luck with your hack.

Ah that part is actually a cutscene, you are teleported to that place, which you cant get to, and basically the camera pans across the town to you and the hooded guy, and some dialogue happens and if you...errr...without spoilers, do whats right, the town gets destroyed....if you do whats wrong....the town gets destroyed....by you.

Now that I think about it, what exactly is the evil team's name that the player will face off?

You're probably tired of all the questions, but we are curious people after all.

Hey, I like the story and all, Can you post the worl map of those regions? also the picture of the new hero?
    Well there really isnt an evil "team," but there are people in black hoods calling themselves "The Voidlings ( WIP). Still working on the world region map and hero picture.

Small Update! (Bigger one coming soon with the news of an alpha release)
    qXiRplk.png
    4BSTZQg.png
    EMQIA3L.png
    sMnHGSd.png
    jFhKT3b.png
    U2DBa6y.png

Alright, so some of the screenshots you see look barren because they are still being worked on and will fill up later and there are some palette errors that I will fix.
    Also, theres not gonna be a pokecenter in every town, instead, those majority of towns will have inns where you have to pay money to "sleep" and heal your pokemon and thats also where you are gonna spawn if you lose a battle. So you are in a tight spot for if you are broke....kind of like the real world XD. Dont worry tho, all towns will have atleast one sidequest that lets you earn money for an inn room key. Maps have also been replaced with globes found in some towns. And there are also merchants.

In other news...
    DAY 12456346: Still trying to insert new music, I feel like a cow trying to climb stairs

Years
  • I know that you said you'll revamp many tiles shown in the later screenshots, and it's hard to say this without sounding like a douchebag, but those Pokecenter tiles look pretty darn bad :/
    This is probably THE MOST (yup, the most imo) good looking rom hack ever, but you will need to change every single person sprite to match your ow/tiles style
    About the update, very interesting ideas going on there, the Pokecenter's concept, and the Men in black hoods, I can only wish you the best of luck ;)

Years
  • Ok so the reason I didnt work on this is because I couldnt, I got a new computer and the gba file got lost somehow, and I was studying for semester exams. Good thing is, I keep all my previous scripts I made in a text document...mainly cause I am lazy and dont feel like rewriting scripts xD. So I basically had to restart from a blank file, and came in with new tiles, but still have all the old scripts and am currently working on new ones. The story, now that I look back on it, has room for improvement so I will change it up soon on the main post. Also, does anyone have any good road tiles? Cause currently..well...see for yourself.
    Spoiler:
    So yea, link to road tiles would be greatly appreciated.

Something I've decided on is to take out the HM fly, and instead replace it with easy to access transportation such as planes, ships, and my favourite, trains! Also, the plot itself is quite dark....muahahaha be prepared when I reveal it later.

FINALLY, heres some new screenies, the game so far is playable for 30 mins, I'm thinking of releasing a beta at around 90 mins of gameplay.
    HWNRkrn.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back