• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
well sorry bout that. at the time i felt as if i had very little support and following so i felt i shud show a map to show i am working on Alliance. i dont like showing full maps either but it's jsut something to help keep things alive, even for myself.

the female's ow is not completely done, but it's not on top of the todo list. it's being worked on however.

the grass i need to fix up but thnx for the comments

i dont know what u mean prince bout the grass hving it's own pallete...

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
Years
dude i like how the hack is looking but 1 thing the male characters hair blends in wit the grass to much i think black or red would look better jus throwing it out there for you to consider changing

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
well sorry bout that. at the time i felt as if i had very little support and following so i felt i shud show a map to show i am working on Alliance. i dont like showing full maps either but it's jsut something to help keep things alive, even for myself.

the female's ow is not completely done, but it's not on top of the todo list. it's being worked on however.

the grass i need to fix up but thnx for the comments

i dont know what u mean prince bout the grass hving it's own pallete...

It means Grass Animation.

Sorry that I forgot how to write that at that time.

Antwhan

Years
i didnt get round to fixing the animation yet truth be told but i plan on getting it done for the alpha/beta/prolouge/ wutever i decide to call it.

also tht's nt may it's just a random sprite i picked....no established characters will appear in this game...

Antwhan

Years
small update on the news front, some more mapping completed, meaning that a release isnt too far off.

yes after all the planning the 1st release of Pokemon Alliance is gaining steam. No set date yet, as tht'll flux with my skool work and pre-college stuff. But Things are going strong in Alliance's secret underground base.

no screens atm when i get scripts inserted i'll post some. hopefully sometime this week or so...

Bumped for preparation for awesome by Wast

Sandro™

Retired!
Years
small update on the news front, some more mapping completed, meaning that a release isnt too far off.

yes after all the planning the 1st release of Pokemon Alliance is gaining steam. No set date yet, as tht'll flux with my skool work and pre-college stuff. But Things are going strong in Alliance's secret underground base.

no screens atm when i get scripts inserted i'll post some. hopefully sometime this week or so...

Bumped for preparation for awesome by Wast

Very Cool Mate. I'll be here waiting for another awesome update.
Good luck and Make it look awesom as always.

Antwhan

Years
Bump

yes a month has gone by and no alliance updates.... how sad....

well if anyone cares why, it's because of college. yes i too find it hard to believe that i'm applying to college at this very moment. This week alone i'm swamped w/ a multitude of papers and assignments that are crazy annoying.

however i bring good news...

my mapper who u most of you dont know broke his hand a few weeks ago which is why he was slow w/ getting me new maps. well happily he's good to go again, so that'll give us enuff maps for the beta release.

and when this week it through, scripting will begin full steam ahead, straight on into a release.

and something to appease the obviously clamouring masses (sarcasim on the internet!),
overworldgirl3upload.jpg

photobukit messed up the coloring but she has an orange shirt w/ a blue stripe on it like her main sprite has.

the female ow sprite.

s'not much, but better than nuthing right guys?

anyway, this bump post will keep this thread alive. Also postitions still open is anyone wants in...

Antwhan

Years
Who's that soidier-like person in the banner?

Is he your rival?

the soldier seen in the banner is what i was intending to use for the private's in the army.

all three of those sprites were done by mistersmeargle who had left the scean a while back, if you were wondering. he is dearly missed, by the team because he was a great early supporter.

There isnt a single main rival you face off with. There are a few trainers you will encounter more than once however so they can be called ur rivals in a sense. but no true rival. you will pick the name for a character other than yourself however what role that character will play isn't going to be the main rival.

Last edited:

?foʀeveʀFTW¿

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
hmm, I have to say everything is good except for Main Boy's hair .____.

its just with how bright the grass/field is, it blends in

you might wanna change it to a darker shade (either the hair or the grass)

EDIT- Whoops, didnt see the laer posts

good job with new hair!

mjdgoldeneye

MIDI Magician
Years
Bump Thread is Bump...

Update: I am semi-mostly-officially the music man for this mod and I'm here to say "Hi".

I'm new. Woop!

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This looks really good, I think the sprite could use some palette editing, but it's good. Looks very professional. :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This thread was dead for over a month. Antwhan, if you want this open again, just Private Message one of the ROM Hacking moderators.

Antwhan

Years
Thanks Semele for remembering about the date.

anyway.... Sorry about the long absence my friends. Wast here got a little busy with school work and getting college applications taken care of. Something had to give and that ended up being hacking.

But fear not. Alliance is back, well almost anyway. The beta is not finalized. But will be playable in January. Yes. i know. only a year for 1 short beta. Well the way i see it. might as well do it right early on to keep things smooth in the later chapters.

Staffing....

Well mjdgoldeneye has introduced himself and is a crucial part of the music of alliance. hopefully some of it will make it into the public showing.

The last major wall to overcome is going to be scripting. now tht falls on me mstly. So yeah. Be prepared.

Anyway... the usual closing comments are in order. feel free to offer help if you want to, or ask to join the rag tag squad. If anyone is good w/ title screens, and feels up to a challenge. you know who to ask.

No screenies today. Maybe later in the week though...

Hiei

Trial and Error-er-er
Years
Alright, a couple things to say.

First off, your story is really pretty good! It's nice to see some people have an imagination still.

But... your maps and sprites, the male main character mostly, are in need of improvement. For maps, especially that field. You might have fixed this stuff, I haven't seen anything else of it, but so far I'd say you're doing pretty well. Hope you don't stop working on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back