• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon at 7:00AM...?

KingAlex

._.
Years
  • Why did Cartoon Network do this? :(

Really, I have to get up at 6:30AM [EST] to go watch it... >_>

It used to be on a 9:00AM, greatest time ever. I would be eating breakfast and watching at the same time... :O

But was replaced by some dang Hot Wheels thing, not nearly as popular as Pokemon. (The shows...)

Well, could anyone tell me why they did this?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Don't be selfish. We people from central have it at 6:00 AM. How do you think we feel? Besides, there is always Youtube.

And remember:

EVERYTHING a company does, in the end, will always be for the money.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • That is the beauty of DVR. I watch it when I get home from school. lol

But I know, it's also 6:00 for me too. I tell myself that I will get up at 6 to watch it when it's first on, but then when the time comes, I'm like "screw this, I'm going to bed."

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
  • Who knows?! The same reason Disney puts Kim Possible on at midnight and Lilo and Stitch on at 4 am(I hear my ten year old niece complain about this alot).

It really makes no sense, since the anime is supposed to be targeted towards kids. >_> You'd think they'd put it on in the afternoon, AFTER school!!

Years
  • Well, once something is not as popular as before, or a new program that is probably better comes along, then the show gets either cancelled, or bumped.

As for the whole Afternoon thing, I think they decided to do it in the mornings because most kids on Saturdays do something that afternoon, whereas in the morning that's the perfect time to get them. Get them while they're getting dressed to go some place, yeah!

If that's their reasoning, then I'll give Cartoon Network credit for thinking that.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • Yeah I will be on Youtube. Getting up this early just to see them kill the anime even more every morning is not gonna happen at 7:00 Am for me. It's going to happen at 8:00 Pm for me after a hard day's work.

Years
  • Are we or are we not talking about Cartoon Network? Heh. An inappropriate timeslot was going to happen, eventually, so. I've long moved on from questioning CN's rationale.

Although, 7:00 AM, that's akin to the old-Sailor-Moon/DBZ-at-5:00-AM placement.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • They probably do it because the majority of people who watch Pokémon are young children, and young children have to get up very early in the morning for school. Whilst some parents get their kids up at 7AM, some parents do get their kids up at 6:30AM. My Mum used to have to with my Brother and I because are school is ages away from our house and we sometimes had to get two buses to get there.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • I remember back when I was younger I would always watch Pokemon at obscure times. Seven doesn't really bother me. If it were closer to ten I would be getting ready and off to work/school anyways. I'd rather get up a little early then miss out.

Years
  • When I was younger the time slot for Pokemon was at like 3:00 or so right after school. So I never actually got to see the show weekdays because I didn't get home from school until 3:30.
    And even back then that was when all the kids were obsessed with Pokemon...maybe CN just has a thing against Pokemon, despite the fact that it brings in money.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The early time surprised me, actually.. but heck, when it first started airing in 1998 it was on around 6am. I'd always watch it before school, and these days, a fair amount of people are waking up around the time its on and will catch it. For those of us that don't wake up in time.. that's the beauty of DVRs. -used one for most of DP-

For the people without DVRs, I'm sorry... D: -pats- YouTube is your friend.

KingAlex

._.
    Years
  • I'm talking about Saturday, not weekdays.

And, I thought there was a seperate CN for each time zone...?

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Everyone knows [that] that flapjack show is more important.

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
    Years
  • Just another gay attempt by Cartoon Network to make space for their lousy shows. All I watch on there is Pokemon, the ONLY reason I like Cartoon Network. They have had good episodes too lately, involving plot with Lyra and Khorey. I completely disagree with Cartoon Network's schedule.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • it comes on at 6 am where I live. I dont get up until a few mminutes before 9 to watch the old episodes of yugioh. So now I just record all the pokemon episodes and watch it on my time.

Back