• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    POKEMON BANK IS BACK!!!! Only in Japan though :<

"Pokemon Bank" and "Poke Transporter" have reappeared on the eShop digital stores in Japan and other Asian territories. Nintendo is going to monitor the "players' experiences" in preparation for a western release.

No date is set for the rest of the world yet.

I think this info is old. Where did you find it?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Nintendo is on a 'wait and see' kick at the moment, sigh up for the free trail ends Feb 21, so most likely before then.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Rumours are saying that Pokemon X & Y are both receiving online maintence Today, January 27th from 6 PM to Midnight (Est Time). The source that I found said that it is unknown Why they are updating it, so perhaps they are doing some stuff prior to releasing Pokebank in the US & UK. Honestly, I'd say they are going to fix some issues and make sure the system is more secure so the network won't crash like before. Also perhaps they may try to make the system & programming more secure so Hacked pokemon don't get through (which some have). So Id say they are going to release Pokebank Tomorrow after the maintenancing OR shortly there after. Also, Tuesday is a traditional day for content to be release,so......... Anyways, that's just my two cents...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    There is indeed a maintenence of some sort for the X&Y Global Link...

Pokemon Bank

But... I doubt this has to do with the bank. the original problem was on Nintendo's end, not Gamefreak's, and as far as I know, GF runs the Global Link....

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    There is indeed a maintenence of some sort for the X&Y Global Link...

Pokemon Bank

But... I doubt this has to do with the bank. the original problem was on Nintendo's end, not Gamefreak's, and as far as I know, GF runs the Global Link....

depends on the maintenance, GF being a developer, they tend to only deal with software, if it's server maintenance it's nintendo. But idk of any problems that requires maintenance with the Global link.... so could be anything from just rebooting stuff to full upgrade or prep for the North American and European release of the bank.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Honestly, I'll be really mad if we don't get it tomorrow. The suspense is killing me! I just want my old Pokes back!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Rumours are saying that Pokemon X & Y are both receiving online maintence Today, January 27th from 6 PM to Midnight (Est Time). The source that I found said that it is unknown Why they are updating it, so perhaps they are doing some stuff prior to releasing Pokebank in the US & UK. Honestly, I'd say they are going to fix some issues and make sure the system is more secure so the network won't crash like before. Also perhaps they may try to make the system & programming more secure so Hacked pokemon don't get through (which some have). So Id say they are going to release Pokebank Tomorrow after the maintenancing OR shortly there after. Also, Tuesday is a traditional day for content to be release,so......... Anyways, that's just my two cents...

The Pokemon GL has maintenance every Monday. It is very unlikely to be related to Bank (Although I hope it is as well).

Years
    They have to release it tomorrow or this week. I mean, come on, the Bank is up in Japan for like 5 days and there isn't any problem. >:(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    The Pokemon GL has maintenance every Monday. It is very unlikely to be related to Bank (Although I hope it is as well).

Oh, I never knew that. But honestly the maintenance time frame seems awfully long for it to be just a typical maintenance (please correct me if I'm wrong). I guess these sources are starting to get too excited as well, speculating every single update/maintenance is related to PokeBank. But honestly, I'm still hoping for it Tomorrow!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They'll give us a warning via twitter before they release it. It could be a day before as well at the least, or a week before. Stalk their twitter (Nintendo of America not Pokemon)

Years
    They'll give us a warning via twitter before they release it. It could be a day before as well at the least, or a week before. Stalk their twitter (Nintendo of America not Pokemon)

It depends, did Japan announce it before they released the Bank there?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Well, it's been a fun (?) ride, but I think after today I can officially say that I'm neither excited for the release nor frustrated by the delay. I was afraid this would happen if they took too long to release it, but it seems to have come to pass. Now I'm just bored with all the waiting. I'll probably be pretty happy when it comes out, but meh...I'm not holding my breath for it anymore.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    Well it's been a month. Nintendo has officially failed. Again. I'm just going to stick with my Kalos pokemon. Pokebank is something I lost interest in. They were not very smart with this at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I for one am actually kind of glad it hasn't been released, I can trade fairly common pokemon for stuff I really need. I remember once upon a time Rattatas were the Bunnelby's of the Pokemon world, and now I can trade them for just about any breed able pokemon, even with their hidden abilities! Once the pokebank opens worldwide, stuff like that probably won't happen anymore, so for right now, I think it's pretty great :D

Years
    Well, it's been a fun (?) ride, but I think after today I can officially say that I'm neither excited for the release nor frustrated by the delay. I was afraid this would happen if they took too long to release it, but it seems to have come to pass. Now I'm just bored with all the waiting. I'll probably be pretty happy when it comes out, but meh...I'm not holding my breath for it anymore.

This is exactly how I feel right now. I'll still be glad when it is finally out, but I don't feel excited for it any more. I can only hold feelings of excitement for so long before they just go 'poof'. Lol.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I for one am actually kind of glad it hasn't been released, I can trade fairly common pokemon for stuff I really need. I remember once upon a time Rattatas were the Bunnelby's of the Pokemon world, and now I can trade them for just about any breed able pokemon, even with their hidden abilities! Once the pokebank opens worldwide, stuff like that probably won't happen anymore, so for right now, I think it's pretty great :D

What are you talking about?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    They did announce it once it was added back in.

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/425813183379419137

This one was that they resumed it, other countries were never released. I'd expect twitter feed before download is available.

If that is the case though, they could release it tomorrow & announce that is released, to help manage the traffic and help prevent it from crashing suddenly (if it's still unstable). Honestly, the more curious and excited for PokeBank I get, the more frustrated I am!

Back