• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    what i would like to know is if the celebi given away along with the pokemon bank will have set stats and nature or if it's going to be totally random because when you use pokemon link the celebi is sent directly from the pokemon bank to your pc box in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    To anyone experiencing issues accessing Nintendo eShop here is a quote from their support site:

We are aware that some users are experiencing issues accessing the Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

The recent system update added the ability to link a Nintendo Network ID with a Nintendo 3DS family system. This has become a popular feature and the number of users creating a Nintendo Network ID on their Nintendo 3DS and accessing the Nintendo eShop has been greater than anticipated. Because of this, there may be times when some users will experience service disruptions to the Nintendo eShop. If you are having problems accessing the Nintendo eShop, we ask that you try again at a later time.

We are working to address these disruptions as quickly as possible and would like to apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience.

It simply means that if you can't get on right away, be patient and persistent, and eventually you'll get on there.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • what i would like to know is if the celebi given away along with the pokemon bank will have set stats and nature or if it's going to be totally random because when you use pokemon link the celebi is sent directly from the pokemon bank to your pc box in the game.
    I hope it's set, and usable, instead of a crap-shoot.

Someone on another thread mentioned using the soft reset method while downloading their Torchic, but I'm not sure if that was legit or not. If so, I am a sad panda for not doing it on mine :(

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024

Someone on another thread mentioned using the soft reset method while downloading their Torchic, but I'm not sure if that was legit or not. If so, I am a sad panda for not doing it on mine :(

since the torchic is recieved from the delivery girl, i guess you can SR for stats and nature like in past generations, thats why I would like to know if this celebi it's going to be like the dream radar pokemon that recieve random stats and nature from the moment they're caught or have set usable stats and nature like those in game trade pokemon. I really hope this celebi have at least set usable stats and nature too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

No that was totally true, I did it with both X and Y (unfortunately you can't trade them, so I didn't need two) and eventually got Adamant nature for both.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    To anyone experiencing issues accessing Nintendo eShop here is a quote from their support site:

It simply means that if you can't get on right away, be patient and persistent, and eventually you'll get on there.

I've been trying on and off since yesterday morning. Maybe they need to step up their game and not me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2014
    I'm sitting here up late and looked at my computer and saw the date and remembered about the Pokemon Bank. Does anybody know what time it's released in Australia? It's 12:30am here i'm gonna go have a look..

Erladino

Dancing with the winds!~
    Years
  • Well, the average person does not consume much. I mean, many...no, most people don't even consume half way through their boxes. All they do is finish the game, beating league and capturing legendaries, and boom. They'll either get the alternate version of that game or they'll re-start their thing. Few people want to go for breeding, but even thus so, they don't end up consuming all of their boxes, you know? Several of'em delete a variable number before going on breeding again. So if Nintendo is offering more storage as per se according to what you said, and they're charging a bit for it, then I guess it's okay?

Erlade

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Soooo pokebank is delayed...this just too sad :(

I honestly cant say im surprised. With the overwhelming popularity of the bank in japan, its no surprise that there would be complications that would delay the release. Im still hoping that they will open up tomorrow cause im running out of room in my boxes.

Years
  • I honestly cant say im surprised. With the overwhelming popularity of the bank in japan, its no surprise that there would be complications that would delay the release. Im still hoping that they will open up tomorrow cause im running out of room in my boxes.
    If I had to guess it'll now be released either March or April 2014, or never.

I'm just worried it'll be like the many episodes in the anime that they just scrapped and hoped that people would forget

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I don't know how to feel about this. To be honest, I'd rather have it slow and laggy than not have it at all.

I hope they'll finally realize their idea of online transfer between games is not that good, and release an offline app just for the transfers.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I'd rather wait some more, than have a terrible experience. I just hope they extend the Celebi offering to make up for it :)

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • I hope they'll finally realize their idea of online transfer between games is not that good, and release an offline app just for the transfers.

PokéBank isn't just for transfer, though, it's also for storing Pokémon online, because the storage space in the games is really limited. Storing a Living Pokédex would take up 24 boxes alone.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Damn it. Was really looking forward to bringing some old 'mons into my game. Annoying. Let's hope they get this sorted out fast.

Back