• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
  • PokéBank isn't just for transfer, though, it's also for storing Pokémon online, because the storage space in the games is really limited. Storing a Living Pokédex would take up 24 boxes alone.
    I know, that's why I said "just for the transfers". I don't have anything against storing Pokémon online, but the transfer itself really looks like it's something that can be done offline (if the app itself houses the transfer box) .

(EDIT: about the "limited" storage space in the games, you do know that you can unlock up to 23 boxes, right? :) Granted, it's one box short of having all the space for the living Pokédex, but it's still a lot)

I know that a case can be made for online transfers only that it prevents hacked Pokémon from crossing over and that moving it offline would allow users to use the exploits that have been patched as long as they don't update the software. First of all, even the online transfer currently is very bad at blocking hacked Pokémon (link) , and second, the app could simply connect to the internet for a quick update check and block the transfer unless the app is updated, so there, no strain on the servers.

Random question about the bank What if I only had pokemon Black on my one 3ds would i be able to transfer that to my Y file?
    Yes.

Last edited:

Ragin Dragon

Dragon Master
    Years
  • I know, that's why I said "just for the transfers". I don't have anything against storing Pokémon online, but the transfer itself really looks like it's something that can be done offline (if the app itself houses the transfer box) .

I know that a case can be made for online transfers only that it prevents hacked Pokémon from crossing over and that moving it offline would allow users to use the exploits that have been patched as long as they don't update the software. First of all, even the online transfer currently is very bad at blocking hacked Pokémon (link) , and second, the app could simply connect to the internet for a quick update check and block the transfer unless the app is updated, so there, no strain on the servers.

Yes.
    You are the best! Thanks a lot now I got to run and go get Black today

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Random question about the bank What if I only had pokemon Black on my one 3ds would i be able to transfer that to my Y file?

Yeah, that'll be fine. The Bank works with any Gen 5 game, and only requires one 3DS.

But is the Bank really getting delayed? Dammit, I only need to use it once, maybe twice. I was so looking forward to bringing up all those Pokemon on my Black 2, especially my Zekrom. I hope we don't have to wait that much longer; I'd like to transfer my pokes before the spring semester starts.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Disappointed to learn Bank and Transfer have been delayed. I was really looking forward to that Celebi and transferring over my Poke's. What a drag. I sure hope Game freak offers something to the rest of the world outside Japan, to make up for the delay that they should've foreseen.

Outlier

As predicted all Pokebank managed to do was open the flood gates for hacked Pokemon. Looking forward to signing up for the free month and getting my hands on that Celebi. I refuse to pay any amount of money for this service. This will be a one and done deal for me once I transfer all my Pokemon over. < Which are legal by the way.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Yeah, the GTS is full of no-blue-pentagon Pokes now. =/
    I guess I'm just lucky enough to get all other starters, which are all legit, since they all have blue pentagons.

I was a bit angry when I got a hacked Feebas and Cottonee... -,-

Years
  • Months of waiting and now we have to wait another indefinite period of time... waking up to this news definitely made me unhappy. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Yeah, the GTS is full of no-blue-pentagon Pokes now. =/
    I guess I'm just lucky enough to get all other starters, which are all legit, since they all have blue pentagons.

I was a bit angry when I got a hacked Feebas and Cottonee... -,-

The blue pentagon just means they weren't "born" in Kalos. Migrated pokemon won't have the blue pentagon since they'll have been caught in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova. It's probably a way of guaranteeing hack free tournaments by saying all pokemon have to be Kalos born, thus no hacks would be usable.

I got a stantler that came from sinnoh from the gts and it didn't have a blue pentagon.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • I know this is off topic here but is anyone else experiencing the 005-4222 error when trying to go to the E-Shop? I just want to go look at Pokemon Bank there, but I can't on either of my 3DS's.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I don't know if you're from Europe or not, but it seems there are some issues with the European servers, judging by Nintendo of Europe's Twitter.

Here in France, I have the same error.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I know this is off topic here but is anyone else experiencing the 005-4222 error when trying to go to the E-Shop? I just want to go look at Pokemon Bank there, but I can't on either of my 3DS's.
    I'm receiving different errors every time I try to use eshop. Everyone is claiming it's because of the traffic caused by eshoppers

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • The server is either busy or Nintendo's trying to create a fix that will block further hacks from being uploaded/distributed via Pokémon Bank or the GTS.

Years
  • Oh great it's delayed, the traffic on the eshop makes sense but I think that some people are just TOO DAMN IMPATIENT and set their 3ds region to Japan, I was expecting something like this but not THIS chaotic!! Way to go -_-

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • The people who set their 3DS country to "Japan" are not to blame, Nintendo is.
    They had all this time to prepare the infrastructure for users worldwide and didn't.

Outlier

The server is either busy or Nintendo's trying to create a fix that will block further hacks from being uploaded/distributed via Pokémon Bank or the GTS.

I hope it's the latter. I was looking forward to a hack-free metagame for once.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I seriously doubt they would halt all online services just for patching one game, no matter how successful it is.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Yes, granted (and, yes, I didn't do any research for the whole "setting 3DS region to Japan", I just replied to the post above ^^) .

But still, let's all admit: this is solely Nintendo's fault, they messed up. They were the ones who chose the release date, knowing full well what time of year it will be. They made a feature that could easily have been taken offline (the Gen 5 -> Gen 6 transfer itself) so that it requires internet connection with absolutely no benefits from it. They announced this service months ago, yet did absolutely nothing to prepare for the heavy traffic increase that would come with releasing the service during winter holidays. I wouldn't go as far as to say "This is Diablo III/Sim City all over again", but we're more than halfway there.

People can try to justify the situation any way they want, but it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo messed up.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Bank is reportedly not stopping hacks. I DON"T UNDERSTAND.

If you want to play with perfect Pokemon - Showdown

If EV training / IV breeding is a waste of life - Showdown

WHY MUST YOU CHEAT A CHILDREN'S GAME, just play - Showdown.
    Its probably one of 2 things:
    1) They don't know about Showdown or don't like to play on Showdown
    2) They are twats

Back