• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • Honestly, with the delay in the service I can't help but saying this.

Told ya so.

This is one of the problems when you have to rely on a online service to transfer over pokemon. Delays. Down servers. Connection issues. And more assorted fun stuff.

That said, Nintendo not accounting for increased server strain doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence in the service.

I guess you'd call this the price of convenience?

Nintendo could have created a method to transfer directly between a DS/3DS if they really wanted to. Hell, they could have ran with a variation of this idea if they wanted to. The transfers are, essentially, free. It's just the storage that is being paid for. So why couldn't they have increased the amount of storage in X/Y, and had a transfer only service? If they wanted to, they could have had storage amounts in the upper thousands in X/Y. The size of all the pokemon's data is roughly 350 bytes, and 3ds game carts have 4 GB of storage - So it's not a space issue. Hell, even then a extended storage capacity isn't going to take up all of that space. 8 MB. Such a small amount of space isn't it? A tiny, inconsequential number... and with how small the pokemon's data file is, it could store about 20k of em.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • seems like they fixed the server in the eshop cause I managed to log in . They also removed the download link for the pokebank, so we will have to wait for nintendo to announce when they are planning to reopen the link again.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I guess it's safe to assume that the eshop won't be available for some time, not just in european region, but also in the american region, probably worldwide. I too tried and can't connect, probably because of all the reasons stated before (updates, etc...).

I got into the eshop just now and managed to have a look around before an error booted me out.....

Probably as expected, a search of pokebank found nothing.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Nintendo could have created a method to transfer directly between a DS/3DS if they really wanted to. Hell, they could have ran with a variation of this idea if they wanted to. The transfers are, essentially, free. It's just the storage that is being paid for. So why couldn't they have increased the amount of storage in X/Y, and had a transfer only service? If they wanted to, they could have had storage amounts in the upper thousands in X/Y. The size of all the pokemon's data is roughly 350 bytes, and 3ds game carts have 4 GB of storage - So it's not a space issue. Hell, even then a extended storage capacity isn't going to take up all of that space. 8 MB. Such a small amount of space isn't it? A tiny, inconsequential number... and with how small the pokemon's data file is, it could store about 20k of em.

PokéBank isn't just for storage in X and Y, it's for storage in all future games, including future generations, that can be accessed with multiple games. It means trading with yourself to transfer every Pokémon you have is no longer necessary. While it's true PokéBank only works with X and Y right now, that won't be the case in the future.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    even all the gift pokemon that have moves they aren't legitimately ever supposed to have (Pikachu with surf? Yes, that was in fact a legitimate move WAY back in the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald days, there was even special animation with Pikachu on a little surfboard during the move in some games) how long would that take and how much data would it take to constantly check every single pokemon in your game every time you connected to the internet? )

Acctually. All they would need to do is check the moves ONCE, when the Pokemon is being transfered from Gen IV/Gen V and if they moves are legal let it through. And the game would not REALLY need to care where the move came from, just if the move was ever allowed on that particular breed of Pokemon in Gen IV/Gen V.

Since you bring up Surfing Pikachu, you bring up an interesting point. Pikachue in Gen III learned this only by a special Pichu from Ruby/Sapphire Storage box. And in Gen IV was a Pokewalker exclusive fromt he Yellow Forrest(there was also a Flying Pikachu on the Pokewalker). However, when migrating from III to IV OR from IV to V you can not transfer a Pokemon that knows an HM move, even if that move was learned in a way other than from an HM (i.e. event Pikachu). You had to go to the move-deleter and remove Surf before migrating.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • So I managed to get on eShop with no problems this morning. (That figures) I actually found Poke Bank there, but it's labeled as "Available at your local retailer," so.. yeah. The wait begins again.

/wishlisted

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    I see pokebank has swamped battlespot with cheaters

Game ruined

Years
  • I'm starting to be worried that Pokemon Bank is going to be Flipnote mk 2. Knowing how delayed Flipnote has been, I don't have a good feeling about this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Acctually. All they would need to do is check the moves ONCE, when the Pokemon is being transfered from Gen IV/Gen V and if they moves are legal let it through. And the game would not REALLY need to care where the move came from, just if the move was ever allowed on that particular breed of Pokemon in Gen IV/Gen V.

Since you bring up Surfing Pikachu, you bring up an interesting point. Pikachue in Gen III learned this only by a special Pichu from Ruby/Sapphire Storage box. And in Gen IV was a Pokewalker exclusive fromt he Yellow Forrest(there was also a Flying Pikachu on the Pokewalker). However, when migrating from III to IV OR from IV to V you can not transfer a Pokemon that knows an HM move, even if that move was learned in a way other than from an HM (i.e. event Pikachu). You had to go to the move-deleter and remove Surf before migrating.
    wow, that's rather disappointing, knowing that. I've never had either Pikachu, myself. Always wanted one, or both, and it really would suck if I had to delete the event moves it had, which could be seen as HM moves, if I did, and wanted to transport them. I think it wouldn't hurt for game freak to redistribute those Surf and Fly Pikachu's in the 6th gen, for anyone that might've had to do that (and for the people, like myself, who never got one) Maybe as compensation to the players outside of Japan, who had to wait indefinitely for Pokemon Transporter/ Bank

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

Game ruined

How exactly? I haven't been on Battle Spot in days now.

I'm starting to be worried that Pokemon Bank is going to be Flipnote mk 2. Knowing how delayed Flipnote has been, I don't have a good feeling about this.

I really, really hope that doesn't happen.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I see pokebank has swamped battlespot with cheaters

Game ruined

Yeah, cheating at a children's game is low. Especially with Showdown as an option.

If we want to avoid cheaters at the Battle Spot, we should have a Community League for "In-Game" battles.

-------

Probably, Hopefully, GF is taking this opportunity to make the hack checks actually stop hacks.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • The Pokémon Bank was supposed to be released today for European games.

Yet it wasn't available for download when I checked this morning. (Said something like Release date TBD I think).

Is there a delay or something? How can a non-physical item even have a delay in being released?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

That's still almost 1000 pokemon from Black & White (1&2) x however many millions of people bought the games. And why only gen 4/5? You can still transfer pokemon all the way back from Gen 3 and they had moves that aren't learnable in subsequent games. And on top of that, there HAD to be a way to get Surf Pikachu OR to transfer that Gen 3 Pikachu because the Wii game Pokemon Battle Revolution has the animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hzpi7Gl_7U

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The Pokémon Bank was supposed to be released today for European games.

Yet it wasn't available for download when I checked this morning. (Said something like Release date TBD I think).

Is there a delay or something? How can a non-physical item even have a delay in being released?

The servers running the system were overloaded and it caused issues for the Server. They have to reconfigure it so it can hold more stress to be usable to the degree that people want it. Software delays are the number 1 reason for any kinda delay. It could take up to at least a week for them to fix and test the server's stability to an appropriate level.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Game ruined

How exactly? IF the cheaters have gotten through to X and Y, why are there SO many people posting Cherubi and Kricketot and such for Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno? If the cheaters were able to cheat battle pokemon, why not just cheat those legendaries as well? Are you sure battlespot has cheaters and not just really good pokemon players that have moves spanning back through the games almost to when the Hoenn games came out? I'm genuinely asking (not being a dick! lol!) because it doesn't make sense that tere would still be this glut of people asking for hackable legendaries if the hacked pokemon actually are getting through, especially when people are offering poke bank pokemon (meaning they would already have been able to transfer their hacked legendaries along with the hacked normal pokemon)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Game ruined

Not being able to beat someone doesn't make them a cheater. If you lose too often its because you aren't that good at the battles or don't have good enough Pokemon. There really isn't any way to cheat with the current system and it has checks that won't allow specific Pokemon into play if their stats are way above the allowed amount or if they have foreign abilities.

wow, that's rather disappointing, knowing that. I've never had either Pikachu, myself. Always wanted one, or both, and it really would suck if I had to delete the event moves it had, which could be seen as HM moves, if I did, and wanted to transport them. I think it wouldn't hurt for game freak to redistribute those Surf and Fly Pikachu's in the 6th gen, for anyone that might've had to do that (and for the people, like myself, who never got one) Maybe as compensation to the players outside of Japan, who had to wait indefinitely for Pokemon Transporter/ Bank

You've never been able to transfer HMs through generations, but special move Pokemon can be transferred. They have special signatures that were recongnised by the game to allow them to be used in tournaments and on games that have checks that block hacked Pokemon, like PBR.

Years
  • I was waiting for the Pokemon Bank for so long and I am sad that they didn't release it today. I hope they fix all the problems soon.

Also, did some people manage to get hacked Pokemon into X&Y?

DjKniteX

A trainer that is a musician
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2023
    For only 5$ a year and getting a way to bring B/W over...plus a free Celebi? awh yeaaaah (the free Celebi is still good right?)

Back