• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ya gotta admit, though, that the Pokemon Bank not being available is really annoying.

It is. But we just need to wait. It takes time seeing as you have to examine all of the mainframes related to the issue physically (as in checking out the towers to make sure there is no physical damage cause by the strain or done before that would cause stability issues) as well as internally (checking all the data in and around the area of issue. Making sure the data is reading correctly, no fragmented data is being left or created.)

There is a lot of scrubbing that has to be done before they can even fix so that they can isolate any potential future issues.

Nothing we can do, and calling out for blood when the incident was out of everyone's hands is useless and pointless.

Years
  • I actually like it like this. Finding Post bank Pokemon makes them have a certain feeling to it. They are also rare to now. Plus with us not getting it, thats alot less hacked pokemon isn't it :P. This is sorta why I think they should put every pokemon in one game and make them obtainable (Some like lugia, Mew etc post game pokemon) this wouldleave alot more to do, and would be fair to everyone (I don't think Pokebank Iis fair ethier as I don't own pokemon black or white but ehh). Now, yeah it's alot of content but not that much more. There are plenty of places in Kalos where you could fit something in. Then again this is just my opion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    How exactly is it not fair that you can't get certain Pokemon because you didn't play the other games? I didn't either but I find it perfectly fair.

Years
  • @Zigzag
    So lets say you wanted idk a Lugia. Cool, do you know how you would get it? You wouldn't that's how. Every single one on the GTS will pretty much be Pokemon wanted: Arceus, Keldeo, Landorus, or some other Post bank pokemon that you can not get. Then we have certaint egg moves on top of that. Event only pokemon. It just Is unfair. If you didn't get a previous game you will likely never get something like Lugia, half the time you can hardly get Chimchar without trading a Yvetal or (spellfail) Xerneas. Plus if Pokebank didn't exist and they just implemented every pokemon into the game, you wouldn't see a Pokemon that is shiny, has max ivs and has its dream world abillity.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    @Zigzag
    So lets say you wanted idk a Lugia. Cool, do you know how you would get it? You wouldn't that's how. Every single one on the GTS will pretty much be Pokemon wanted: Arceus, Keldeo, Landorus, or some other Post bank pokemon that you can not get. Then we have certaint egg moves on top of that. Event only pokemon. It just Is unfair. If you didn't get a previous game you will likely never get something like Lugia, half the time you can hardly get Chimchar without trading a Yvetal or (spellfail) Xerneas. Plus if Pokebank didn't exist and they just implemented every pokemon into the game, you wouldn't see a Pokemon that is shiny, has max ivs and has its dream world abillity.

Two words: Trade. Plaza.

I'm sure you can get whatever legendary you want from there if PokeBank and the GTS don't work out for you.

Years
  • K? Then you have to breed Pokemon that are (99% of the time) 5-6 iv pokemon with HA and usally shiny (I believe).Now everyone claims breeding for 5 ivs is easy but it's not. It takes alot of time and is tedious(Also some people have jobs lol).

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    @Zigzag

Just because you didn't buy a game doesn't mean its fair or not fair. In counter argument the thousands of players with the older generations games see it as not fair that they cannot transfer their Pokemon over. It was your choice not to have the older generation. That was all on you and has nothing to do with fairness or equality with other players.

They will also never implement all the Pokemon into one game. They've said that themselves. There will always be restrictions because the games are meant for players to connect with one another and trade. There will always be exclusives and there will always be Pokemon you cannot catch since they won't be in either of the games. They are going to cater to those who have rather than those who don't since those who have are larger in number than those who don't.

Either way someone somewhere has what you want and trading is the only way to get it if you don't want to go out and purchase older titles.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Not expecting it and not being prepared for it are two different things. We prepare all year long for one specific day in our store. We expect many things to happen and every time we hit that specific date, our expectations are always exceeded. The server is made to withstand heavy loads. Just because they don't expect there to be that much stress, doesn't mean they did not prep the server for such. It can crash before meeting the maximum quantity allowed. Prep work and not expecting things don't necessarily go hand in hand. No amount of preparations can ever meet the expectation of a new item of heavy traffic days. Until you get used to it it will cause major issues for everyone.

Back to the story, we expected a full house, prepared for it. Got more than a full house, but due to limitations on people allowed in the store we can only run with full capacity. All registers running, line to check out going halfway through the store. We were more than well prepared, but even with the preparations the expectations exceeded what we could do until we all adjusted to the speed in which people came to us.

That is what they have to do with the servers. Even though it may be able to hold a lot of people, if that many have never been on before it will crash due to it not having to deal with it before. They have to slowly micromanage the data influx until it stabilizes. They could have prepared for way worse, but their expectations weren't that high. It may cause some issues, but expectations and preparation are not the same.

There are too many unknown outside factors that can ruin any amount of expectation and any one of those factors can throw all your preparation into the trash. All you can do is adjust and fix.

I expect world-famous publishers/developers of games to be able to provide whatever it is their providing on the date they advertised without any major hitches. Having the whole release of the app postponed is a pretty major hitch.

When it comes to Nintendo, I spend a lot of money on their products. Just this year I bought a Nintendo DS Lite, a Nintendo 2DS, a Nintendo 3DS, Pokemon White 2, Pokemon Y and a couple of classic games from their Virtual Store. So obviously I expect them to be able to release an application on the date they promised without it breaking.

They didn't have to release it to everyone worldwide on the same day, they didn't have to release it at Christmas, and it could be argued that releasing it to one continent per day and at a time other than Christmas would have meant the server would have held up better. But they released it worldwide (bar Japan), two days after Christmas. So if they wanna go for such a time where they would obviously be bombarded with a ton of people trying to get the game, they should have made sure everything went right.

If they couldn't handle the server crash, no matter how much "preperation" was put into it, then they shouldn't have released it worldwide over Christmas. They asked for it. So they deserve all the criticism they are receiving.

Years
  • Actually I did by the previous title thank you very much (well actually white) and my dsi broke so I gave the game to my friend. Even if I had the game today, I still wouldn't care to transfer them if everyone could get them (And I had shiny Lugia and stuff). The only way to get Pokebank pokemon is to have a Nice friend (lol) give up your legendary, try to breed 5-6 iv pokemon....I'm not even going to mention egg moves lol.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I expect world-famous publishers/developers of games to be able to provide whatever it is their providing on the date they advertised without any major hitches. Having the whole release of the app postponed is a pretty major hitch.

When it comes to Nintendo, I spend a lot of money on their products. Just this year I bought a Nintendo DS Lite, a Nintendo 2DS, a Nintendo 3DS, Pokemon White 2, Pokemon Y and a couple of classic games from their Virtual Store. So obviously I expect them to be able to release an application on the date they promised without it breaking.

They didn't have to release it to everyone worldwide on the same day, they didn't have to release it at Christmas, and it could be argued that releasing it to one continent per day and at a time other than Christmas would have meant the server would have held up better. But they released it worldwide (bar Japan), two days after Christmas. So if they wanna go for such a time where they would obviously be bombarded with a ton of people trying to get the game, they should have made sure everything went right.

If they couldn't handle the server crash, no matter how much "preperation" was put into it, then they shouldn't have released it worldwide over Christmas. They asked for it. So they deserve all the criticism they are receiving.

It doesn't matter what date they would have set, this could have happened in January, February, March. Any month in the year. It was unforeseeable. They didn't have to release it but that still wouldn't have changed much. Even if they did different release times, that wouldn't have helped. Look at the Dream World. TPC couldn't handle the Japanese launch by itself. PAL release are usually back to back so world wide had nothing to do with it. They don't deserve any criticism for what they have no control over. Acting out isn't a justifiable reason to instigate demeaning acts towards a company. I get that you are upset, but your reasoning for causing a ruckus is a personal vendetta. I will not attempt to change your opinion on this, but your reasoning is unjustified and more a personal strike rather than a valid reason to hold up an argument.

Unforseeable issues can happen at any given point. This could have happened after the launch when more people start to buy 3DS' and Pokemon games. It could have happened a whole generation from now. These things happen and there is nothing we can do but to wait. There is no use in complaining about it. Let them fix it and live your life as if nothing happened, because it has no heavy impact on your life.

They don't even have to give us transfer methods. Keep that much in mind. We are not entitled to transfer forward every generation. They could discontinue the Pokebank in the next 2 generations and do away with transferring and spread the Pokemon across 4-6 Pokemon games released slowly through the years per generation and through events.

Actually I did by the previous title thank you very much (well actually white) and my dsi broke so I gave the game to my friend. Even if I had the game today, I still wouldn't care to transfer them if everyone could get them (And I had shiny Lugia and stuff). The only way to get Pokebank pokemon is to have a Nice friend (lol) give up your legendary, try to breed 5-6 iv pokemon....I'm not even going to mention egg moves lol.

Doesn't change the fact you are claiming biased entitlement over something you currently do not have in your possession. It was your decision to not have the game, you chose to opt out of the possible transfer and therefore is not unfair for you for not having the games in order to transfer forward. The games are made for trade. You have to trade and they won't give the whole entire pokedex into one game to keep this ideal intact. You will always lose out if you don't keep older games and that is simply your choice. There is nothing unfair about it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    K? Then you have to breed Pokemon that are (99% of the time) 5-6 iv pokemon with HA and usally shiny (I believe).Now everyone claims breeding for 5 ivs is easy but it's not. It takes alot of time and is tedious(Also some people have jobs lol).

Acctually, it really is not hard, but yes, a TINY bit tedius at first. After you have one or two males with decent stats you can start using them to breed with females of the same egg group, and your collection of five IV Pokemon will grow before you know it.

I have a job too, and a child at home, and Pokemon is not my only hobby, but I have about a dozen Pokemon with five perfect IV's. You should check out this thread over at trade plaza:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312140

This will give you information on how to use a trick that really does speed things up. After catching about a dozen Panchams in the Friend Safari (which took maybe a half hour), and checking their IV's with the IV checker(which is right near the Friend Safari)... I was able to go to the Day Care Couple and after about five eggs had a Pancham with five perfect stats. Every iteration of checking the next eggs stats you may want to swap parents around... and YES you do have to do a little tedious leg work, but it should take you about an hour to get your first parents with five perfect IV's tops.

If you plan carefully, and work at it each next one gets a little quicker and easier. I've traded away several of my five IV Pokemon for Johto Starters, Feebas, and the like which I am now breeding to GTS the rest of what I want/need from the currently unobtainable Pokemon.

Your Pokemon experience is all in how you play it. If you want special Pokemon(i.e. not just Legendary, but breeding semi-perfect stats, shiny, or just hard to come by) yes, you usually need something a little special in return. But if you work at it, you will find what you need to make that dream come true. Yes, it does appear as if everyone is asking for unreasonable(or at least semi-unreasonable) Pokemon in exchange for the currently semi-rare Pokemon, but if you put something reasonable up on the GTS (such as a Friend Safari Ditto) and request something like say Rattata you'll likely get it. Breed this and put it's ofspring up on the GTS asking for another unobtainable, and keep repeating. You'll slowly get at least the breedable Pokemon. You won't likely get the Legendaries yet.... but you can start filling those Dex holes nicely.

Years
  • K? Cause its so awesome to keep a game when you are not sure if you will even be able to get the next few Generstions. Yes, this does make sense, gamefreak needs to make money and all. But it would be nice to actually get decent pokemon without having to trade like everything for them. Got a shiny Pokemon that was obtainable in previos generations great whats its value now? Nothing. Pokebank is allowing people to Pokegen YAY. This problem could have been fixed if they implemented every pokemon this game, next game remove some. Also did you know some people just started Playing pokemon, not there fault they didn't get the game before wether it be due to no interest, being kids etc. I mean yeah you start and you know that your not gonna get to much but still. Sure, it can be fair. But when you want a Competitive pokemon on the gts and everyone wants a fricken lugia or arceus, it's really tire some. That and you are still pretty much playing the Lottery.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I get that you are upset, but your reasoning for causing a ruckus is a personal vendetta. I will not attempt to change your opinion on this, but your reasoning is unjustified and more a personal strike rather than a valid reason to hold up an argument.

Unforseeable issues can happen at any given point. This could have happened after the launch when more people start to buy 3DS' and Pokemon games. It could have happened a whole generation from now. These things happen and there is nothing we can do but to wait. There is no use in complaining about it. Let them fix it and live your life as if nothing happened, because it has no heavy impact on your life.

Lol. I'm not causing a ruckus. I'm just expressing my opinion. It has no impact on my life no, but this is a Pokemon forum and this thread is specifically for Pokemon Bank, so if I want to express an opinion, here is the perfect place to do it. I'm not looking for agreement, just stating my opinion. I only continued to reply because you did, and I'm not someone to ignore when I'm spoken to directly.

I think it's unprofessional of Nintendo that this has happened. If you don't agree, that's fine. My reasoning is unjustified in your opinion but that's still not going to change my reasoning. It's just my opinion. Not a "personal vendetta" at all.

They were clearly unprepared. (For making Nintendo Network so unnecessarily complex, they pretty much brought this onto themselves.)

I agree.

It's a much better idea to delay it and ensure the infrastructure is well able to handle the demand. Maybe The Pokémon Company already did; which means Nintendo didn't. So this delay would be the right thing to do.

I just think they should have already ensured it would be able to handle said demand.

Years
  • I know right? Honestly, why the hell are people arguiung when People are expressing their opion. I expressed mine, people try to tell me that I'm wrong. I explain why I think this, they continue, so I do. I'm just merely stating My opion (Alright some post I wasn't xD) but this is about Pokebank, my post are about pokebank.

To stay on topic, I think they should have just shut down the Gts during the overload and delayed the of released Pokebank to everyone on the same day (from what I heard the overload started on the 24th that gave them a day, somewhat). But Iit does make sense I guess (Tho why did they get transporter back in Japan and we have still got....nothing)

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    As long as they solve all the issues fast, I'm happy.
    Honestly I knew there would be issues upon release date, but I think them being 'surprised' that they had an overload of people after Christmas is just straight up bull. I wish they'd just admit they messed up and are resolving the issues ASAP. I want to trade all my Pokemon across :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Nintendo has always had the weakest online infrastructure out of the big 3 video game companies. These problems did not suprise me in the least and I even expected them; however, this doesn't make it acceptable. Online gaming has been around for at least a full gen in popular capicty and in a more expermential one for at least another half a generation ( xbox and ps2, dreamcast). Nintendo has no excuse to not be adquetly prepared.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I know right? Honestly, why the hell are people arguiung when People are expressing their opion. I expressed mine, people try to tell me that I'm wrong. I explain why I think this, they continue, so I do. I'm just merely stating My opion (Alright some post I wasn't xD) but this is about Pokebank, my post are about pokebank.

To stay on topic, I think they should have just shut down the Gts during the overload and delayed the of released Pokebank to everyone on the same day (from what I heard the overload started on the 24th that gave them a day, somewhat). But Iit does make sense I guess (Tho why did they get transporter back in Japan and we have still got....nothing)

To my understanding that they stopped all of it even in Japan

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    So ,any news about it yet? No release date, or anything? I don't mind waiting, I really just want to know when it will be out, so at least I am certain of when I will get it.

Back