• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I heard that the 3DS shop is updated for new games and such on Thursdays... Maybe then? But who am I kidding...

The online shop would update the same day that games are released which are Tuesdays (all major companies) and Sunday (nintendo). The 21st actually was a Tuesday so that much matches right now even if the app isn't a game. We'll be notified when its up or before its up.

It'll be out when they are ready to release it.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Come on people. Bank likely wont be out till late Feb or march. They always release things in Japan first them everywhere else at least two months later

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Come on people. Bank likely wont be out till late Feb or march. They always release things in Japan first them everywhere else at least two months later

That's how it usually is (actually, its sometimes longer than that), but in the case of the Bank, the rest of the world was suppossed to get it 2 days after Japan did. So it's a bit much to expect more than a week or so gap between the Japanese getting the Bank again and the rest of the world getting it.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    What do you mean not all that many people are going to be transferring from gen 1 - 5? 100% of the people in this thread are trying to do just that, because currently there is no REAL point in Pokebank right now if you ONLY have X or Y. Yeah there's extra storage, but you can store 930 Pokemon in game right now as it is. Other than extra torage though, there's no actual benefit to it unless you're trying to get your old pokemon from older games into your new game.

I the only previous gen game i have black 2. So no, not 100%, try to keep assumptions to yourself. Idk if you read this thread, but quite a few people, myself inculcated, want to use the bank to store pokemon for a new game.

I'm dropping the GTS talk cuz this in not place to talk about.

Come on people. Bank likely wont be out till late Feb or march. They always release things in Japan first them everywhere else at least two months later

they only extended the free trail sign up date till Feb 21, extending it again would be very bad for them. So if by some miracle nintendo gets smart, it'll be out beginning of Feb.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    hey only extended the free trail sign up date till Feb 21, extending it again would be very bad for them. So if by some miracle nintendo gets smart, it'll be out beginning of Feb.

They said the free trial is extended upon release. Those that already had it, will get the extension and others are supposed to get the free month. Since Japan got it on the 21st of January, the Month free trial would end on the 21st of Feb.

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • I honestly think that we won't get pokebank until late february... I was kinda hoping we'd get it on the 31st because that's when the Celebi event is released i believe...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Years
  • Guys, don't worry about the free-trial period and the Celebi event. When the Pokebank is released then we'll have 30 days to use Pokebank for free and the Celebi will be there.

Also, the article about them saying they're monitoring the players of Japan is old (Jan. 24). Nintendo tweeted that on Jan.22. I don't know how many days they have to monitor the players but I think we are close to the release.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Rather pissed about Japan getting it back...and the servers already beginning to crack under pressure again.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't even care about Bank anymore. If we ever do get it, great. Wonderful. Awesome. But I've already completed my Pokedex and I'm working on collecting more Pokemon now without it and still enjoying the game.

I figure that if we keep worrying about Bank and forgetting about what we already have, we're just going to continually be disappointed for everyday we still don't have Bank. Get your mind off it for a while, and you'll feel better. Enjoy the game. And if you can't and have exhausted your copy, there are other regions that would love for you to return, I'm sure.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I don't even care about Bank anymore. If we ever do get it, great. Wonderful. Awesome. But I've already completed my Pokedex and I'm working on collecting more Pokemon now without it and still enjoying the game.

I figure that if we keep worrying about Bank and forgetting about what we already have, we're just going to continually be disappointed for everyday we still don't have Bank. Get your mind off it for a while, and you'll feel better. Enjoy the game. And if you can't and have exhausted your copy, there are other regions that would love for you to return, I'm sure.

You've made some good points & it's a great quote! But honestly, the graphics from previous gens..........ugh, it's Terrible,lol. I'm starting to get use to it now, as I'm playing through Black 2 to get some extra Pokes for Bank.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I don't even care about Bank anymore. If we ever do get it, great. Wonderful. Awesome. But I've already completed my Pokedex and I'm working on collecting more Pokemon now without it and still enjoying the game.

I need Bank to restart my Y. I really want to restart it but can't. It's annoying to be honest. I made this plan before Pokébank was ever originally going to be released. Now I'm stuck waiting. I can breed and what not but I would just really love to restart.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I need Bank to restart my Y. I really want to restart it but can't. It's annoying to be honest. I made this plan before Pokébank was ever originally going to be released. Now I'm stuck waiting. I can breed and what not but I would just really love to restart.
    Had the same problem as you. My friend wont bother to help me either.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • lol, if the pokebank is going to be delayed any further, then I'm probably better off farming for the legendaries in my Black 2 and white 2 by resetting one of the games.

Back