• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
Years
  • I think the reason that Nintendo is keeping us in the dark about the release date so the servers don't get flooded again like last time... The officail Pokemon twitter page said that North American players are getting it "soon"

Sooo looks like we are getting our Celebii's in March (jk)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think the reason that Nintendo is keeping us in the dark about the release date so the servers don't get flooded again like last time... The officail Pokemon twitter page said that North American players are getting it "soon"

That actually makes a lot of sense. If they posted a release date, everybody would stay up and log on all at once. Pretty smart way to go about it, when you consider it that way.

Sooo looks like we are getting our Celebii's in March (jk)

Hahaha, your optimism is admirable :) (not jk)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    ...I'm convinced everything I say will happen, it won't as well as everything I say won't happen, does. Today I was speaking to a friend regarding the 3ds. The topic eventually found itself with poke bank. Literally hours ago (prior to me hearing the news about Europe and what not) I told him how I have lost hope in poke bank and don't have too many expectations for it to be released for months...

Although I wish it had been North America that had the release today, I'm not surprised seeing as the demand on the servers in Europe are probably not as high as those of North America. +releasing at separate times ensures at least a little bit of lower traffic in Europe (of course by Europe I mean all the other places as well) before they drop the bomb again in North America.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think it atleast needs to be stated, I'm refering to the attacks on Twitter and Facebook. Not the rants from here. I mean seriously, there were death threats posted on both Twitter and Facebook because of the delay.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it atleast needs to be stated, I'm refering to the attacks on Twitter and Facebook. Not the rants from here. I mean seriously, there were death threats posted on both Twitter and Facebook because of the delay.

Whoa, seriously? {D:}

Jeez Facebook and Twitter people, what is wrong with you? I'm not happy about the way things have been going with the Bank either, but its nothing to get THAT angry over and start making death threats!

Now your previous posts are more understandable; I thought your anger was aimed mainly at us.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • I think it atleast needs to be stated, I'm refering to the attacks on Twitter and Facebook. Not the rants from here. I mean seriously, there were death threats posted on both Twitter and Facebook because of the delay.
    That's taking it way too far. Anyone who values Pokemon over the life of another person needs to evaluate their own life. Honestly, people like that don't even deserve to have the Bank up and running (not that that's the worst thing they deserve).

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2016
    I have to say, I'm a little mad now. Not because it isn't out in North America but

1. I am having a hard time finding an opponent because there are so many Europe/Australia players online, it is getting crowded.

2. They all have legendaries/ubers on their teams and all they are doing is laughing at me.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    That's taking it way too far. Anyone who values Pokemon over the life of another person needs to evaluate their own life. Honestly, people like that don't even deserve to have the Bank up and running (not that that's the worst thing they deserve).

there are people who take internet threats seriously?...not trying to justify it, just seems a little odd to me.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • That's taking it way too far. Anyone who values Pokemon over the life of another person needs to evaluate their own life. Honestly, people like that don't even deserve to have the Bank up and running (not that that's the worst thing they deserve).

Strengthens my theory that that's probably the reason we don't have it yet.

LuminescentUmbreon

Eeveelution Trainer
    Years
  • there are people who take internet threats seriously?...not trying to justify it, just seems a little odd to me.
    It's not that I take those people seriously, it's just that it's completely unnecessary. Why not just threaten that they won't ever buy another game or something along those lines? There's absolutely under no circumstances a reason for them to make threats like that. I guess the thought of them thinking its ok to do it gets me riled up.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Nope. I checked about 5 minutes ago. Welp, I think now it's safe to say that Nintendo is officially giving the middle finger to the western hemisphere. If they have the propensity to pull a stunt like this, I see no reason to think we're going to get it any time soon.

lol "western hemisphere"

so much hyperbole

war rock exe

Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!
    Years
  • Yo! Nintendo of America just tweeted that they're still adding Pokebank to "regions" and to stay tuned to "social networks". We could still get pokebank today or even tommorow!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Yo! Nintendo of America just tweeted that they're still adding Pokebank to "regions" and to stay tuned to "social networks". We could still get pokebank today or even tommorow!

Yeah, this may be the case, but it probably isn't. If it was me, I'd treat this like an "Official Announcement" similar to when they announced Pokebank was re-released in Japan. Also, this is indeed their first announcement of the day to mention Pokebank's release in EU. Therefore, I don't see it being release later today. Maybe tomorrow, but Thursday seems logical, as it is apparently the day the eShop gets updated. Also, it doesn't say they are releasing Pokebank right now, it just mentioned that Pokebank has been released in some countries, not that they're currently working on it.

Years
  • I think it atleast needs to be stated, I'm refering to the attacks on Twitter and Facebook. Not the rants from here. I mean seriously, there were death threats posted on both Twitter and Facebook because of the delay.

That's sad and pathetic. I think its fine and reasonable for ppl to be pissed but that is hilarious to me that ppl are that personal with it. Obviously I have vented my frustration on here, but that's because none of my friends play pkmn except one guy and he's still playing white 2 and I have no one to talk to about never banks shortcomings. As I'm typing this I still can't believe ppl sent death threats haha ( the idea of death isn't funny to me, the idea of ppl wanting to kill for an app for a children's game is haha )

Back