• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's a good question. I imagine that they will still be there, but just not accessible until you pay the fee.

Lose your subscription, you lose your Pokemon.

Thanks for the lists, guys. These will be a lot helpful to those who are already using PokéBank, I'm sure. There's already an existing thread about Pokémon Bank, though, so if you guys don't mind, I'm merging it with that.

Merged.

Aww but it was supposed to be a separate thread.

The power has officially arrived with pokebank . Now the Pokegen'ed pokes will be destroying and flipping the meta game

Meta Game requires that they be Kalos Bred so even the Pokegen'd Pokemon are pretty useless other than for breeding. (Metagame being competitive battling, with official competitive rules stating they have to be Kalos born to be used in official battles.) Free battles will still allow them and vs friends you can use them, but for competition you can't.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    One strange little thing I noticed: I transferred a Caterpie named BAMF to my Y from my Black 2...and its name is still BAMF. Yet my Dialga and Dragonite had thier names changed (Dragonite was a Japanese Dratini that had its name changed to Dragonite upon evolution, but now has Japanese characters for its name, while Dialga went from DIALGA to Dialga). What up with that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Wait so how many people have been getting this corrupted save business? Only few?

Also can someone remind me if Shaymin can be caught legit without an item via wifi in Diamond and Pearl? I remember using action replay as a kid, but I could have sworn I got this thing legit. Maybe it just hates me and won't let me bring my Shaymin over because their hack checking sucks.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • One strange little thing I noticed: I transferred a Caterpie named BAMF to my Y from my Black 2...and its name is still BAMF. Yet my Dialga and Dragonite had thier names changed (Dragonite was a Japanese Dratini that had its name changed to Dragonite upon evolution, but now has Japanese characters for its name, while Dialga went from DIALGA to Dialga). What up with that?

Dragonite's name was changed back to it's original language and in Dialga's case, all Pokemon from Gen 3/4 with all caps names have their names changed to the new way adopted in Gen 5.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Wait so how many people have been getting this corrupted save business? Only few?

Also can remind me if Shaymin can be caught legit without an item via wifi in Diamond and Pearl? I remember using action replay as a kid, but I could have sworn I got this thing legit. Maybe it just hates me and won't let me bring my Shaymin over because their hack checking sucks.

Shaymin wasn't able to be captured legitimately in DP unless you tweaked or used AR. It was available in Platinum back in 2009.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Dragonite's name was changed back to it's original language and in Dialga's case, all Pokemon from Gen 3/4 with all caps names have their names changed to the new way adopted in Gen 5.
    That doesn't explain Caterpie though. Why does it still have the same name? I thought all names were changed upon transfer.

If you transfer Oak's letter Shaymin to X&Y, will it be able to transform now?
    Yes. There is a woman somewhere who will give you the Gracidea Flower you need to change Shaymin's form.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Shaymin wasn't able to be captured legitimately in DP unless you tweaked or used AR. It was available in Platinum back in 2009.

I must have used the walk through walls code or something then. Oh well. I'll just trade with someone for it or something. Thanks for the help.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I must have used the walk through walls code or something then. Oh well. I'll just trade with someone for it or something. Thanks for the help.

You can get Shaymin in D/P but its item was never distributed in D/P. The game apparently recognizes this so even if you caught it legitly in D/P, since the Item was only distributed in Platinum, it reads it as hacked and won't allow it.

This is what I'm getting from the responses.

As for the name changes: From what I see, Dragonite and Darkrai had normal names (not actually nicknamed) so they were adjusted. Nicknamed Caterpie wasn't.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As for the name changes: From what I see, Dragonite and Darkrai had normal names (not actually nicknamed) so they were adjusted. Nicknamed Caterpie wasn't.

Oh, so it DOES let the Pokemon keep its nickname. I though it didn't.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Thank you Game Freak/Nintendo for blocking a select few legitimate Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    Am I the only one having trouble transferring my legit Shaymin And Darkrai from Diamond? I can't seem to do it. My friend traded them to me and they are completely legit but for some reason they wont go through. What am I doing wrong??

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    lol the bank is hilarious. My brother just tried to send some hacked mons from Black2 to his pokebank... All of 8 em were let in, but his legit Lugia that he'd brought through from SS to black2 was blocked. So he tried making a new Lugia using Pokegen with max IVs and EVs and it got through lol.

O_O' oh you silly devs...

Years
  • The Bank has a few holes in it... my cheated Hoenn legendaries couldn't get through but my cheated Johto legendaries and timespace dragons could. Weird.

Back