• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Where in the sewers? I can't seem to progress past the southern entrance, the water isn't raised and it won't let me pass over the bridges. Am I doing something wrong?

Go into one of the little rooms and interact with the computer terminal, there's a switch that lets you raise and lower the water.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Hello, just wanted to say I've been playing your rom hack for the past few weeks and I really enjoy it. As Black and White are my favorite games in the franchise, I was pleased to see you do it justice on the Gen II level. The spritework and attack animations for the newer moves in particular impressed me. That being said, I just wanted to know if there was a guide to tell us where TMs are located. I'm looking for the TM for Ice Beam specifically. Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to Version 2.0!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, just wanted to say I've been playing your rom hack for the past few weeks and I really enjoy it. As Black and White are my favorite games in the franchise, I was pleased to see you do it justice on the Gen II level. The spritework and attack animations for the newer moves in particular impressed me. That being said, I just wanted to know if there was a guide to tell us where TMs are located. I'm looking for the TM for Ice Beam specifically. Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to Version 2.0!

Thanks! Ice Beam is in the old gym in Icirrus City.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Is there a list on how to evolve Pokemon in this ROM Hack?

Did you download the zip file from the first post in the thread? One of the documents in there lists all of the non-standard evolutions. Also, once you've received Cheren's phone number, you can call him to learn how to evolve your Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    Okay, why in Arceus' name does Shauntal, the SECOND GYM LEADER, HAVE A SPIRITOMB?!?!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay, why in Arceus' name does Shauntal, the SECOND GYM LEADER, HAVE A SPIRITOMB?!?!

It's a solid single-stage Ghost type, similar to the Basculin that Marlon uses (at least, it was single-stage at the time, lol). If you're struggling, Jigglypuff walls Spiritomb pretty hilariously, it can't really do much other than try for Hypnosis.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2023
    This fight honestly feels like you threw the concept of balance out of the window into a ravine filled with cacti that are then all burned down with the concept of balance still in said ravine with said cacti, and then the ashes got buried in a rockslide.

There's a reason Cynthia has a Spiritomb in DPPt, but no other Trainer does. Fairy is literally the only Type that can deal 2x damage to it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This fight honestly feels like you threw the concept of balance out of the window into a ravine filled with cacti that are then all burned down with the concept of balance still in said ravine with said cacti, and then the ashes got buried in a rockslide.

There's a reason Cynthia has a Spiritomb in DPPt, but no other Trainer does. Fairy is literally the only Type that can deal 2x damage to it.

To be fair, there are 7 different fairy types available prior to that battle, lol.

It's not meant to be a Kaizo game, but I also didn't intend for the significant battles to be beatable with simple A mashing. Try some status conditions if you're having trouble, maybe a Leech Seed setup, that tends to work well against tough mons. The Will-O-Wisp TM can also come in handy, since 2 of its attacking moves are physical.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but you can also get a Spiritomb of your own for this fight from the trade in the Strange House, it makes pretty good use of Will-O-Wisp, and generally standing up against Shauntal's.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    Looking forward for a while, but I feel dispointment because this hack didn't do 60 FPS optimization unlike Prism, Orange, Polished Crystal, Coral, etc. The protagonist is dark skin, why?

Don't be racist bro

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Love the game! Is there any documentation on the levels of the gym leaders, elite four, etc for nuzlocking?

Gym leader level caps:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    looks cool! Unfortunately, I have a big backlog
    But mean while I'm gonna ask it anyway: is it complete?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    looks cool! Unfortunately, I have a big backlog
    But mean while I'm gonna ask it anyway: is it complete?

Yes. There will be an overhaul coming some point in the future where the game will be ported to the Polished Crystal engine, but the current version is still fully completable.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yes. There will be an overhaul coming some point in the future where the game will be ported to the Polished Crystal engine, but the current version is still fully completable.

Oh? I didn't know there was a post mentioning the initial game is now completed and fully-playable. :D

Last edited:
    Back