• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    Im playing this hack rn and I am LOVING it. A bit of a question though: can you renickname traded pokemon, or is it like regular pokemon?

Years
    • Seen today
    Im playing this hack rn and I am LOVING it. A bit of a question though: can you renickname traded pokemon, or is it like regular pokemon?

They can't be re-named, like in the original game. Though that's a good idea of something to change going forward, thanks.

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    I love this! The tilesets are really beautiful, i don't even know GBC can handle that. Musics are so good too. I love retro gbc kind of music so listening to unova soundtrack but with retro gbc vibe is so frickin perfect. Thanks a lot for this, man. I really looking forward for the complete version

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    This is looking lovely, the new tiles are stunning! I'll definitely be giving this a try as soon as I can. Excited to play through a devamped Unova :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Whoop, I forgot to ask, If I play the current demo, will it be compatible with the next/final version?

Probably not, unfortunately. There are more features I'm planning to add in the final version, (trainer rematches, for example), and am also considering adjusting moves and Pokemon availability based on feedback, and various other possible changes. So you can think of this demo as more of a standalone experience.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    Does anyone know where the cut hm is? I just finished the spooky gym and I've been walking around looking for it.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Probably not, unfortunately. There are more features I'm planning to add in the final version, (trainer rematches, for example), and am also considering adjusting moves and Pokemon availability based on feedback, and various other possible changes. So you can think of this demo as more of a standalone experience.

Fair enough, I just got my first badge, although I noticed that a lot of the NPC'S/trainers have text that's exactly the same or very similar to the base crystal. Do you have plans of altering the dialogue text in the future? I feel it would give a more immersive experience.

Years
    • Seen today
    Fair enough, I just got my first badge, although I noticed that a lot of the NPC'S/trainers have text that's exactly the same or very similar to the base crystal. Do you have plans of altering the dialogue text in the future? I feel it would give a more immersive experience.

Yeah, a lot of the dialogue was reused from Crystal, especially in the early areas. I'll do a sweep through the dialogue in the final version and replace anything that doesn't quite fit the feel of the area.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Thought I'd mention bit of feedback with regards to difficulty. Don't you think that facing a roll out venipiede during the first couple minutes of the game is a little too overpowered? Especially for those who picked Tepig as their starter, not to mention, The first gym leader using rain dance and aqua jet is very OP for a first gym. I had to grind my Rufflet till he learned Hone Claws to stand a chance.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thought I'd mention bit of feedback with regards to difficulty. Don't you think that facing a roll out venipiede during the first couple minutes of the game is a little too overpowered? Especially for those who picked Tepig as their starter, not to mention, The first gym leader using rain dance and aqua jet is very OP for a first gym. I had to grind my Rufflet till he learned Hone Claws to stand a chance.

I'll take that into consideration going forward, since I'm thinking of re-arranging some Pokemon availability anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

Also, regarding the first gym,
    Spoiler:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Sorry for posting again, but I just reached Castelia city, and oh my gosh, you've done an amazing job with keeping it authentic but demaked at the same time. Also, I like what you did with the side staircase, kind of gives off a mini cut scene vibe. I also really like the variety of Pokémon available, legit spoilt for choices.

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks! Those stairs were from a tutorial for using pokecrystal on the wiki. They really help to make the maps look more dynamic!

Back