• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@Fraot: What you say makes sense, but the bar show how well you are with each (like in Sims for example). 100% means that the condition is 100% percent full, meaning (for all bars) that attention is not needed. I've added a function in the options menu though, that disables the whole Hygiene System, so people that don't want to worry about their player's condition during play...won't have to.

As for the game, I've been fixing up scripts in these few days, so no real updates await. But I was just messing about with the interface of the battle system, and changed it a bit, and really liked it in the end. Now for the battle system (and the battle system only), I've decided to introduce a different style that would go well with it (because the vector-based style doesn't go very well with the HP boxes and everything else). So here are (just) two screenshots of the battle system.
capture024.png
capture025.png

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I need to admit that the game looks real real cool.
Loved the graphic style so much.
But somehow, I don't like how your hpbox looks. Maybe because of those black grass line on the hpbox.
My opinion, no offense. :P

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I don't like your HP boxes at all.
I love your other work on the lower half of the screen. I just don't like the top half. Just doesn't fit well with each other.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hmmm...interesting. Well the bottom part of the screen is acctually based on the top one, that's why I decided to change the buttons so the whole system has a consistent interface. Ok, I can take criticism. Can you at least tell me now what the problem with the HP boxes is, so I could eventually make it better. Is it the texture, or color, or both?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I actually quite like them... I guess everybody has their own opinion. :)

I like them aswell :D And it took me pretty long to make them. I could guess that the texture is bothering people, but now that you can choose your own color schemes, trainer battle interfaces will change with that scheme. So i wanted to make the grass one a bit special.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Personally, and I'm not sure if I'm describing this right, I don't like the bar that's extending out of the HP box. I don't know if it's always been there, but I never noticed it before. It just isn't very appealing is all. I love the bottom half however, and the rest fits nicely.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Personally, and I'm not sure if I'm describing this right, I don't like the bar that's extending out of the HP box. I don't know if it's always been there, but I never noticed it before. It just isn't very appealing is all. I love the bottom half however, and the rest fits nicely.

Well the bar extending from it is acctually from Platinum. These are my edits of the Platinum battle boxes.

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
Years
Sorry, I've never played Platinum before. In that case, I don't really see what the problem is. I like the rest of it, just that one thing annoys me. But not enough to keep me from playing your game of course, I'd probably get used to it after awhile. Great updates so far Luka, and good luck on recovering your game. : )

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
I think what everybody means is that the lines look more like sound waves than grass. As for the color scheme part, you did mention that it wont affect battles, so nobody will actually mind now if you didn't let the color change. Also, the buttons are great but i dont much like the text. Maybe the text and button will look better if they were like the text in you avatar. If that is the case, though, you may want to add more gloss to the button with a more defined line. Just sayin'.

But no matter what you choose, the game itself is more than enough to make up for it!

EDIT: Like the gloss on these i made here!

PokemaxST

PokemaxST

Last edited:

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Hmmm...interesting. Well the bottom part of the screen is acctually based on the top one, that's why I decided to change the buttons so the whole system has a consistent interface. Ok, I can take criticism. Can you at least tell me now what the problem with the HP boxes is, so I could eventually make it better. Is it the texture, or color, or both?
I think it is of the dark green part of the grass, maybe it looks better iy you just put the hp-boxes in 1 color without graphics in.

Now my opinion: i think at the first bottom screen you need to set the size of the text a bit smaller, because the 'POKEMON' text just fit in the box and you got a bit of scale ( the 'FIGHT' box is bigger , so also the text could be some bigger then the other boxes).

In overal: great update on the bottom screen (really like that you deleted that flashy green grass on the bottom) and the colors that are used for the type of the attack.
Keep up the good work and i wish you good luck on future updates :D

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I really like the experience bar, I don't know why, it just draws my attention. The HP boxes are ok... but you could "reduce" the opacity of the grass(or the general textures, supposing you'll have many environments on them) on it.

Actually, I think I read you are making your interface on Fireworks, cool! I'm making my interfaces on it aswell, also i'm combining PS(Photoshop) on them. If i'm not wrong, then you made those HP boxes on Fireworks. Try to use combination of bitmaps and vectors.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
The fight button is cutting of the pokeball thing. But everything else is awesome!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The fight button is cutting of the pokeball thing. But everything else is awesome!
Done on purpose I believe.

Question for supports of Blue Chrome. I've been thinking about a ball capsule script, which imo, should be pretty simple. I can extract the create animation script from the editor, mod it around, allow players to import their own pictures, et voila! Whaddya think?

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Actually, the functionality of that script is simple, just show combined animations. But, the problem is to store the variables of the animations you chose for a pokémon to have.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
Found this topic by accident, started reading the introduction and, omg, nearly flipped out from the thought that something like This could exist (your character using the toilet 0_0 and etc.). But then I realized that it's not even nearly finished -_- Sigh...

The idea is great, not to mention the work that already has been done. I'm surprised that you're so young too 0_0 Don't listen to those who keep criticizing =P This is an awsome project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back