• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Virus21

Aquamarin Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
That looks very good!
I'm working on an dual screen script too, but this is so difficult, with the mouse conditional branch!

To the game, that isn't more Pokemon with hungry, sleep and toilet!
It's better when you take that out.

Virus

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@Virus: Well I'm not removing the Hygiene System, since that is one of the unique functions I believe that only this game has achieved. If players don't like it they can disable it in the options, but it's there to add just a new feel of play.

Well....I haven't gotten much feedback from those that dislike the battle boxes, except the comment on the bars sticking out (which I'm keeping for now). Well I've taken in one suggestion to lower the opacity of the grass texture and I did. I've also changed the image on the bottom screen. So here is what it look like now. Any constructive or suggestive criticism is appereciated.
capture026.png

P.S. I'm debating with Alex about the ball capsule feature. I haven't really thought about it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Sorry buddy. Should of got back to you on that so you could make adjustments form my comment.
I don't like the grass outline on the HP bars.
I think you should remove the outline of the grass from both areas it's on.
You have some really slick buttons. The reason why it's slick is because of the fine lines. Adding those grass lines to it completely takes away from a nice style you got going.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Does every enviroment have its own battle graphics? I mean, for subscreen/bars et similia or are they chosen by option?
Anyway, i think that it will better with standard bars (grey for esample) with special features rather than those green ones. They're good, but quite fulsome. With a simpler one with a standard theme then some special features it will be more professional-looking.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
I'm glad you took my advice!!
The HP boxes are good enough for me. But changing my role to Neo's, I can say that it's a little uncomfortable to see that pattern on them(HP boxes). Maybe a different color scheme for each environment would be better, because just reducing the opacity wont be enough for the "crew".
And bout the lower screen, you can make the backgrounds like on platinum, they change only the color on every environment, don't they?
Like I said, I really like them, but my opinion is not enough, I have an open mind, so that's why I'm criticizing your work.
Haha, I have split personality.

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I agreed with Neo. The grass outline doesn't really look like grass.
I think the best way is to remove the outline. Then everything will be perfect.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
After not looking at this thread for several months, and then looking back at it now, I can say it looks really great. Everything looks so professional now, and I really love the dual screen and the solid graphics. Good luck. ;)

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I think the bottom screen is going backwords ( not sure of the spelling). But the HP-boxes are an improvement.

But maybe you need to give the HP-boxes 1 color for al the envirments. like all the other pokemon games. The reason: On the first screen is just to much of 1 color. Maybe you can use a color that is caracteristic for blue chrome.

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I dont like the new HP boxes. Is it possible to make it more like a pic of a grass patch and not an outline?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Hm I check this thread from month to month and I'm ALWAYS amazed:) Personally, I like new hp boxes and other elements of interface to. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
ya i dont like it either i think it should go but i do the like the game it looks awesome! i hope you release it soon :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates been real busy lately. Game development is running smoothly, I've just finished remapping up to saffron city. And one thing I'll say. The cities and the routes (except a few routes) look nothing like the original games. Once I put the maps together I'll post them for some review.

Regarding the battle boxes, I'm thinking of a new design that will (hopefully) satisfy everyone (including me), so keep your fingers crossed. Ok, so I don't leave empty handed, I've made a new title screen for the Explorers section of Blue Chrome, so here it is.
capture028.png
capture027.png

EDIT: And to the right is the loading screen.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
The game is looking really good. Is it normal for Pokemon in this game to go over level 100? I have seen some screenshots of pokemon that are level 225 or something like that.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
200 is the max level, and yes it's supposed to be that way. Since this game (the Explorers section) has 4 regions, it is better for the max level capping to be 200 since with 4 regions and dozen of battles it would be very easy to reach the lv 100 capping. It also alows me to make trainers and wild Pokemon, like the legendaries, very powerful.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I really like the title screen. It seems you put an expression on the exploring part, really good :D

If the pokemon on the bottom screen are moving i would say it looks PERFECT.

Are you going to make another title screen for the heroes game or is that one suspended?

H-King

Elite Four Will Fan
Years
  • Age 30
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
I think the title screen is awesome. And I hope the battle boxes are really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back