• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Um actualy this is possible but they would have to recode the whole game unless they could find a ruby converter

No, the DS doesn't have enough memory to play an RMXP game (as far as I know). Besides, if it was all recoded, then that's basically redoing it from scratch :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    No, the DS doesn't have enough memory to play an RMXP game (as far as I know). Besides, if it was all recoded, then that's basically redoing it from scratch :P
    That can be extended with any GBA based flash cart. But there is still the problem of the lack of CPU power from the ARM9. (There is the ARM7, but I recall this it is impossible to access it when running a DS game.)

A ruby interpreter for the DS shouldn't be too hard, its just that Essentials relies heavily on Win32API functions that the DS obviously doesn't have.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • As far as my capabilities go, this game won't be for the DS, since I have no idea (and don't believe that it's possible) to convert the RMXP game into an NDS file, plus I'm too lazy to start from scratch (again).

Anyways....sorry for the lack of updates, but I haven't been working so drastically on the game lately, though I got bored again and decided to do the trainer customization script. Now this is a very basic one, and since I really couldn't be bothered to start spriting too much, I used the original Nintendo Hero sprites, and just recolored them to show you what the potentials of the system are. It works just fine, and for now is enough.

Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

Pokemon Blue Chrome
    Pokemon Blue Chrome

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    That trainer customization is nice, Great job on it. *Wonders what Style 3 is*
    It would be cool if it was on the DS, but I am pretty sure it would not work. And I doubt your starting all over.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Fantastic! Player customisation is what gen IV should have had! Your features are terrific to the point where they really make your effort shine through.

2 questions:

1. Sorry if this has been already asked but I don't have the time to read all 746 previous posts. Will you have HMs? I similarly have a transport system in my hack. Obviously you don't have a hack and so arn't constrained by things like HM moves (you can make them more like special abilities). In mine I use transport because FLY is now a rare TM move. So you have a particular eason why you added transport? Was it to try out a concept or just make it more like the real world?

2. Why is the hack called "Blue Chrome"? Is there a significance in the title? Or will i just have to wait and see?

All the best,
    The Cynic

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Fantastic! Player customisation is what gen IV should have had! Your features are terrific to the point where they really make your effort shine through.

2 questions:

1. Sorry if this has been already asked but I don't have the time to read all 746 previous posts. Will you have HMs? I similarly have a transport system in my hack. Obviously you don't have a hack and so arn't constrained by things like HM moves (you can make them more like special abilities). In mine I use transport because FLY is now a rare TM move. So you have a particular eason why you added transport? Was it to try out a concept or just make it more like the real world?

2. Why is the hack called "Blue Chrome"? Is there a significance in the title? Or will i just have to wait and see?

All the best,
    The Cynic

1. I've removed all the HMs (except for Fly and Surf) and replaced them by something I call Gadgets. As I've said before, these will be items that will be used to overcome obstacles in the field (such as Rock Hammer for smashing boulders), and there will be 16 of these in total.

2. When I started Chrome was taken, and since I started becomming obsessed with the color blue, I put blue before it. Blue Chrome doesn't have much meaning, it was just a random jumble of words, but now the name is familiar to many people, so I won't be changing it.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Maybe you can make a fourth style.
    I guess the 3rd would be lucas from DPPt or a female character. (But i'm really hoping for palmer, i think he has the best (nitendo) sprite yet)
    But it would be real great if you got a costumized sprite like your hero. So you can choose between a nitendo hero or THE BLUE CHROME HERO.

You might see what i would choose :D

PS: How come that the HG/SS hero his jacket and hat turned out to be the same color, maybe you should use 2 color pallets, 1 for hat and 1 for the jacket

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • Love the character customization are you not going to be able to Change clothing not just the clothing color, and Just a suggestion You know How Brendan in Emerlad has Two different colors on his shirt the main color and the detail color will that be changable and not just changed to the same color as the others?

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • Uh, Cynic, it's not a hack. :D

And I also wonder about that third style, maybe a version of Brendan?

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry, Sorry... I always do this. I'm very careful not to but then it just slips out from time to time. My bad.

And thanks Luka for answering my questions. Sorry if you've already answered them before...

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Maybe you can make a fourth style.
    I guess the 3rd would be lucas from DPPt or a female character. (But i'm really hoping for palmer, i think he has the best (nitendo) sprite yet)
    But it would be real great if you got a costumized sprite like your hero. So you can choose between a nitendo hero or THE BLUE CHROME HERO.

You might see what i would choose :D

PS: How come that the HG/SS hero his jacket and hat turned out to be the same color, maybe you should use 2 color pallets, 1 for hat and 1 for the jacket

Well I was thinking of not including the nintendo characters at all. I'm going to be spriting custom wardrobes, so it looks fresh and new, but I was doing this in a short amount of time, and really couldn't be bothered to sprite some characters, so I took the nintendo ones. The system is really, really uncompleted, I just wanted to show you guys what to look forward to.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Well I was thinking of not including the nintendo characters at all. I'm going to be spriting custom wardrobes, so it looks fresh and new, but I was doing this in a short amount of time, and really couldn't be bothered to sprite some characters, so I took the nintendo ones. The system is really, really uncompleted, I just wanted to show you guys what to look forward to.
    Ow thats also good, but still how many styles could we choose from?
    also 3 ( 2 male and 1 female )?
    and are you going to let you choose out of 1 color for the packet or like i propose at the previous comment?

rockeymon

Years
  • Hey Luka (I was going to edit my other question but Clynic beet me to a post) it Says you are looking for spriters I can sprite I Have scratch sprited tiles and I have made a sprite sheet. For proof it is right under this in the spoiler.

Spoiler:

I need to resize the tiles to the size they would be used in rmxp but this is what they looked like from direct Use of my scanner (I edited them in paint and gave them color)
    Note Please dont use my tiles without notification

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • @V0RT3X: There will be 3 styles for the male, with 4 different colors to choose (meaning 12 different sprited) and the same for female (12 more sprites). I think that gives the player plenty to choose from, 24 is even outdoing myself.

@rockeymon: The OW is not the style I'm going for (since the one I'm using is D/P or HG/SS), and the tiles could use a little more shading. It's mostly few colors which makes them lack the 3D feel. You should look at Alucus's or Kyledove's tiles to see more on shading.

Last edited:

rockeymon

Years
  • Kk, well I need to resize the tiles to what would be Pokemon Rmxp size to, the Ow was meant to be towards the clothing are of showing I could make clothing if you ever decided to add a feautre where you could change the clothing your wearing and not just the color.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Really nice Game. It's quite perfect you know!
    I can't waiit for the realease.

Gigatom~

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Havnt looked too recently (well this forum always like to log me out again and other things... The pokedex looks very good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back