• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokemon: Bright Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • UPDATE
    Sepia made me a Lawrence III sprite :)
    Pokemon: Bright Gold

Last edited:

YamiHarlen

Beginning Hacker
    Years
  • Ok, I simply love the idea and would love to be a beta tester if it is at all possible, and it seems like an awesome game. and take your time, I want it to be perfect, lol, well perfect is just an illusion but you know what I mean, I want you to do the best you can do, and I think the LawrenceIII is an awesome idea, they never put him in the games, and an idea for the Celebi thing, have the evil guy from the movie come in after you get the eighth badge, and say he is going to go to helix forest to catch celebi with his Dark Ball. You must face his team of Tyranitar, Hitmontop, Houndoom and Sneasel, all LV 60-70. Only can you gain Celebi's trust. It wants to join your team, but you must battle it first. (This is just an option, not really needed, maybe have the GS Ball have a feature where it can capture Celebi without fail) but, those are my ideas for Celebi

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Thanks for posting it here! ^.^
    I'm not sure about the hair, though...

Disband the G/S/C hackers group and start a new one, make sure it's kept moderated this time, i got an infracted for being abusive to that guy that started having a go at me and using my name for no reason :@

Ok, I simply love the idea and would love to be a beta tester if it is at all possible, and it seems like an awesome game. and take your time, I want it to be perfect, lol, well perfect is just an illusion but you know what I mean, I want you to do the best you can do, and I think the LawrenceIII is an awesome idea, they never put him in the games, and an idea for the Celebi thing, have the evil guy from the movie come in after you get the eighth badge, and say he is going to go to helix forest to catch celebi with his Dark Ball. You must face his team of Tyranitar, Hitmontop, Houndoom and Sneasel, all LV 60-70. Only can you gain Celebi's trust. It wants to join your team, but you must battle it first. (This is just an option, not really needed, maybe have the GS Ball have a feature where it can capture Celebi without fail) but, those are my ideas for Celebi

i'll look back through the thread at some point but im not taking in or thining of any idea's for Celebi at the moment because it's gonna be on eof thevery last things i add :)

Good Hack Bigsteve.........
    Anyways PM me the hack if your finished thaanks

When i do make a Beta i'll let anyone have a go on it :) - i don't believe in having closed Beta's of a fanmade hack :P

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I'm not liking the fact that this thread almost fell to page 3 :S
    but i have an update
    :)
    Pokemon: Bright Gold

Viridian Forest is now implemented :D
    Mew will be in the shrine after a certain event in game i wont be revealing at this point.
    because i used the Ilex Forest tileset to get the shrine, i couldnt place grass so once i add wild pokemon data to the map they'll appear anywhere
    Trainers are on the map but aren't scripted and dont appear on Goldmap's mapshots

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    Hey, I gave the idea of Mew being in there, I might have been first xD

Anyhow, great job =)

What about the Safari Zone? Will you add in?

Just Darth

Dude.....LIke Totally Dude....
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2011
    I just discovered this now.. and I like it... I will defernatly play it...But why Viridian Forest for mew?

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Hey, I gave the idea of Mew being in there, I might have been first xD

Anyhow, great job =)

What about the Safari Zone? Will you add in?

you see that map where Articuno is? that's in the place of the Safari Zone!
    the truth is i dont know any ASM so i cant add the safari zone anyways :P

I just discovered this now.. and I like it... I will defernatly play it...But why Viridian Forest for mew?
    if you noticed, the shrine is hidden deep in the woods
    Mew's location has always been unknown
    I'll be putting an event in at some point where you get sent there to get Mew

UPDATE
    i now have an awesome first post :D
    once i sort out a screenshots section i think we're ready to roll to the showcase :D

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Fixed the first post, maps weren't showin up for some reason
    lacking motivation at the moment
    lots of revision for GCSEs
    also just got a guitar so im learning to play that aswell
    this doesnt mean the hack is suspended or anything
    it means progress will be slower :(

D a n i e l

Pokemon - Mystic Plan
    Years
  • Hey =D
    Cool that there are some gold hacks here but here some bad things:
    1.: Is there a reason why you hack Gold? Because most people dont like those Gold hacks cuz of its graphics. Me too and no matter if the hack has good features, ill never play those games.
    2.: One more reason that ill not play this game are your maps Oo Your final cave has errors. Im wondering how you can put so many errors in a map called "final". That means you even have worked on it and the result isnt very impressive. Your second cave doesnt look much better. You should take a look at the lower edges of the map. and also the hill with the entry. thats impossible that a hill and the entrance could look like this!?
    And is the grass of the forest hidden xD Its not a forest without grass. =/
    3.: Dont know...

Well all in all you shouldmap a bit more carefully!

Thats all =/ bye

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • Hey =D
    Cool that there are some gold hacks here but here some bad things:
    1.: Is there a reason why you hack Gold? Because most people dont like those Gold hacks cuz of its graphics. Me too and no matter if the hack has good features, ill never play those games.
    2.: One more reason that ill not play this game are your maps Oo Your final cave has errors. Im wondering how you can put so many errors in a map called "final". That means you even have worked on it and the result isnt very impressive. Your second cave doesnt look much better. You should take a look at the lower edges of the map. and also the hill with the entry. thats impossible that a hill and the entrance could look like this!?
    3.: Dont know...

Well all in all you shouldmap a bit more carefully!

Thats all =/ bye

i mean the design is final -.- not the actual mapping
    see the green forest floor? what do you think that is? PAINT?!?!
    do you know the meaning of "Graphics Whore"? you know, the people that knock the wii because its not got the most amazing graphics although its great fun to play and think the ps3 is better purely on graphics
    someone who wouldnt play a hack because it was pokemon gold quality would come under this
    the truth is, my favourite hack ever is a gold hack - Pokemon Prism
    and to quote CBM :

JUST GET OVER IT. IF GRAPHICS THAT THE AUTHOR DIDN'T MAKE EQUALS A GOOD HACK IN YOUR VIEW THEN YOU'RE AN IDIOT.
    if i keep gold quality i can make graphics myself
    there's also the fact that i dont play games on a pc usually, i play it on my mobile phone, and GB/C are te only games that work on it.

D a n i e l

Pokemon - Mystic Plan
    Years
  • Dont take offence xD
    Yea, now when you wrote that the floor is the grass , i remembered that in forest there wasnt that grass like in the routes.
    Well... THERE ARE many errors, you cant deny them and if I wrote final, id mean final xD
    It was just a critism, if you dont like it, ignore it, but im not the only one that will notice that. And besides I wouldnt play a hack with bad graphics ( WHAT IS NOT YOUR MISTAKE just want to say it cuz you could get angry xD), I wouldnt play a hack with that many errors.If you dont want a negative critism, just dont public a hack -.- To me this will end here, because otherwise this will end in trouble xD

EDIT: Btw its just my opinion xD just ignore it if you dont like it

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015

Isn't it ironic that this member criticizes things based on how they look visually, and misses out on a lot of capitalizations and punctuation marks in his own post? Just a funny thing I realized, a bit of a double standard =p

Anyhow, analysis time

One thing you have to understand, some people actually do like the simplicity of the graphics. On the other hand, a lot of people don't like the new-gen hacks because they simply don't like the changes added in 3rd/4th gen. I have high standards in 3rd gen hacks because they're simply a lot easier to do, with a lot more tools. RBY/GSC hacks shine because they're harder to do and have to be done by hand. I really couldn't care less for most "better graphics" hacks, according to you, because I care mostly for the games and what is changed. This is a simple hack in a way, yet it features something I think I would really enjoy playing.

I'm not biased against 3rd gen hacks, I liked ShinyGold and Ruby Destiny among other things and I beta test Mewtwo Strikes Back, I simply appreciate the effort people put into their hacks.

Final design doesn't mean it's the final map in the game, just the map pattern and where everything is. Besides, I never noticed any of these errors. The edges I agree with, but the entry hill part seems almost insignificant. When he actually beta tests the caves and sees them, he'll probably notice small things like this and change them.

Though Steve, as an idea, why not use the yellow-tinted floor for Zapdos' cave? Is it possible to use the tiles from the Ice Path in Crystal where the walls are blueish? It would fit in more, to be honest, as it does clash a little. The ice doesn't look as nice when it's yellow

^ That would be changing how the map looks by using a different tile set if possible, but not the design of the map, which is the final part he mentioned.

Good luck on your hack, I'm still waiting for more information =D

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I was looking if there was any other old gen hack around the community, and I happened to find yours :), it seems you are still in the learning phase but I hope you manage to pull out a good hack out of Gold. Specially considering all the ideas you've been posting through the thread.

But I do have a problem about that, in fact, it seems you are just mentioning all your plans about legendaries' locations. That just ruins the fun of finding them on your own, dont you think? I'd keep them a bit for myself or for your helpers if I were you.

As always, I like the sound of seeing some third gen pokes on a Gold hack, though the posted Groudon devamp needs a bit more work (I saw some youtube videos about another person's Groudon on Gold and it was a bit better, so I am comparing yours to that, sorry >.<)

Well, good luck with the whole project. Hoping to see more in-game screenies (not just the full maps, because that's also like spoiling too much), and maybe some scripting, when possible :D

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • I was looking if there was any other old gen hack around the community, and I happened to find yours :), it seems you are still in the learning phase but I hope you manage to pull out a good hack out of Gold. Specially considering all the ideas you've been posting through the thread.

But I do have a problem about that, in fact, it seems you are just mentioning all your plans about legendaries' locations. That just ruins the fun of finding them on your own, dont you think? I'd keep them a bit for myself or for your helpers if I were you.

As always, I like the sound of seeing some third gen pokes on a Gold hack, though the posted Groudon devamp needs a bit more work (I saw some youtube videos about another person's Groudon on Gold and it was a bit better, so I am comparing yours to that, sorry >.<)

Well, good luck with the whole project. Hoping to see more in-game screenies (not just the full maps, because that's also like spoiling too much), and maybe some scripting, when possible :D

well, as it turns out the Groudon sprite i used was actually the D/P one and went nasty when i resized it :S

anybody got a guide on inserting new tilesets?
    that way i could have lava in the cinnabar cave and maybe do what Chrona said about the icey tiles :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back