• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Champion

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Hello, I am funnybunny. I am visiting this forum for about 2 months and today I registered.

Me and a friend from the RPG2knet forum (Raccoon) are working on a Pokemon game too and I think I let you know.
The name of the game is "Pokemon Champion". It is about a boy that is trying to be the best Pokemon trainer in the world.
Oh yeah, it also in RM2k(RPGmaker2000).

Story:
Your dad comes home from his trip to the Pokemon league and he has seen the best battles in his life. He asks you to become a Pokemon trainer just like the ones he has seen at the tournament. He goes to the Pokemon Prof and asks him if he could give you a Pokemon to start your journey.
This is as far as we gotten with the story but all bad thinks happen on you way to be the best Pokemon trainer in the world. ;)

Features:
- It has CBS that is almost done, it just needs some more Pokemon :P you can battle Ratatta's, Pidgey's and Caterpie.(edited 5-4-2005)
- You can catch Pokemon.
- Use Potions.
- Trainer and normal battle is almost done.
- Every attack has PP
- It has a CMS, also almost done, just the Pokedex :dead: .
- A storing system, fully working.
- You can deposit pokemon into boxes/teams and withdraw them.
- A shop system, also fully working.
- Only has 2 items :P

Characters:
Well we haven't got names for them, in the demo you will be called "Ash" and "Gary" We now have names(edited 5-4-2005)

Screenshots:
Old ones:
pokemon11jr.jpg

pokemon52wt.jpg

pokemon106gz.jpg

The battle:
pokemon112hx.jpg

pokemon129qw.jpg

pokemon133jj.jpg

pokemon144og.jpg

pokemon161cz.jpg

pokemon177lc.jpg

pokemon194lz.jpg

The menu
pokemonnew86hb.jpg

screen1.gif

screen2.gif

The PC:
pokecomputer2kt.png

The shop:
1.gif

Demo will be released soon, so I will inform you if it is up for downloading.
Any comments or questions can always be asked here, or at the RPG2knet forum.

PS: Sorry if the screenshots mess up the forum layout.

=EDIT=
One of the pictures didn't work, fixed it.

Last edited:

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
No thank you, we are only going to use the original 150 pokemon, because we think that those are the best one. But thanks for you offer.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Jep, the catching system fully works with the Pokemon you can fight now(Ratatta and Pidgey) and yes, that is a CBS. Made it myself

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah ok, thats cool. I'll try help and provide constructive critisium (sp?)

1: I suggest you use the message box from the pokemon games, and not the default message bar...
message4vo.png

There, all you do is show the picture, turn the message box to transparent, and just allign the text so it fits in the box. I feel this will help round off your game more to look alot better. If your already ready using it, thats cool.

2: Speaking of making things look better, I think you should get a platform for the hero pokemon in battles (the semi circle of grass). And just allign your pokemon to a bit more on the left.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Well, we have a pokemon message box, it is just not in the older screens (if you have looked at the RPG2knet topic). So don't worry.

About that hero Pokemon thing, I did it at first but than it is over the PP box(The PP box isn't a picture, it are events) so that is why the hero Pokemon is so far right. About hat grass under that hero Pokemon, it looked very weerd so I removed it.

But thanks anyway, I like it when people help me improve stuff. :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Very nice. I like the CBS and the CMS! They're all done very professionally, well, from what I can tell. But my favourite part is the Withdrawal/Deposition of Pokemon. That looks much better than the games' way of doing it. This is really great so far. Keep up the great work ^_^

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
The game looks incredibly impressive so far! The PC system and the Pokemon's stats look awesome!

You can't link to other forums in your post though, so can you remove the link in your first post please :)

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Sorry, didn't knew that. Was to lazy to read all the text at the registration thing :dead: . Almost the same at most forums. Oh well.
Will also deleted the link at my signuature.

"MetaMew: What region does this take place in btw?"
Dunno have to ask raccoon that one, but I think it will be no region, just a new world without a name ;).

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Years
this project looks promising!

(i saw your dutch, so...)
~dutch
mooie screens! ze zien er gaaf uit! ;)
ga zo door! :rambo:
(de screens zijn .jpg, misschien kun je beter png gebruiken)

(nice screens, they look good)

Last edited:

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
The Smiley says it all:
:cool:

Yes, everything's 300% GREAT!!!!!
Very awesome CBS, CNS and CMS 's!!!
Very professional
Very unique
and +
Very promising!!
Can't wait 'til this game's released!

---Edit---
Sorry, I saw that you didn't have a CNS yet. My Bad. :s

Last edited:

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
-virtual- said:
(de screens zijn .jpg, misschien kun je beter png gebruiken)
Translation for all the non-dutch people: "(the screens are .jpg, you better could use .png)"
Well, most of the screens are uploaded by Raccoon, the one I uploaded are .gif. Also a very small image size.

Thanks for all the comments, it does us good to see that everybody likes it.

BTW: Peekimon: What is a CNS? We just don't know.

Last edited:
Back