• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Take the koala for example. It is currently 894x761. Just change it to 80x80, or something. Like this.

1zqy4p2.png

It makes it look nicer, and its less work later.

And... What color should the platypus starter be?

The Ominous Plains

I'll make Userbars for You!
Years
Here is the sprite profile...
you can copy and paste the sprite off it. Pleas, i only give cynic permission to use this.
goatfakemon.png

Oh, and baron. I would like to be the first to ask you to join our hacking team: The Cynical Plains.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
red baron's & ominous's sprites are really great, and you've but a lot of thought into it.

but your first priority should prolly be to expand your story line, although this is not needed in the thread, you should expand it to atleast the fifth gym so you don't go off topic or off story line in your game.

PS- you can only have 25 extra fakemon without deleting other pokemon, just thought i'd let you know :P

Cheers for the advice. Yeah I'm going to introduce a characters section soon to the first post. That may give people a clearer picture. The plot however needs to stay pretty hush hush for now. I will divulge some aspects though, but for now they remain under lock and key.

As for the fakemon part, yes I am aware. In theory there can be more than that (there's athread somewhere in pokecommunity) but someone has yet to put it into practise. Maybe something can be achieved through Spinda? Anyway I'm going on the presumption its not possible and instead I'll remove some pokemon that wont be appearing (which is a shame as I'd rather have them all). The legendaries are the first to go. This hack will only have 1 legendary, Vicitraho, around whom much of the plot revolves. Personally I don't believe that the pokemon games should have more than 4 legendaries each (up to 3 minor and 1 major). I don't use legendaries I catch as I consider it to be cheating as you are just being handed a pokemon with exceptionally high stats. So its bye-bye Mewtwo, hello sinnoh pokemon and Vicitalis fakemon!

Here is the sprite profile...
you can copy and paste the sprite off it. Pleas, i only give cynic permission to use this.
goatfakemon.png

Oh, and baron. I would like to be the first to ask you to join our hacking team: The Cynical Plains.

Terrific work! Do you want to do that evol line? I'm going to cut a little bit of the fire from the top though as I think a first stage starter shouldn't have as much fire.

Take the koala for example. It is currently 894x761. Just change it to 80x80, or something. Like this.

1zqy4p2.png

It makes it look nicer, and its less work later.

And... What color should the platypus starter be?

Whatever you want, but perhaps incorperate blue as all regional starters have the coulours of their primary type.

Last edited:

The Ominous Plains

Years
I have said something about it... Its great!

And yes go ahead.

And I second your opinion to let RedBaron join.

Ahh, I missed that sorry.

Here it is:
Pkmn Trainer Desert:
A mysterious character who crops up out of nowhere and seems too form a bond with the protaganist. He says he is from a region called Orkanta and is on the second leg of his journey. Is he friend of foe, thats for you to decide. But one things for sure, he's no pushover.

Sure, cut abit off.
Hmm, would you mind terribley if its final Evo was a bull?

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Ahh, I missed that sorry.

Here it is:
Pkmn Trainer Desert:
A mysterious character who crops up out of nowhere and seems too form a bond with the protaganist. He says he is from a region called Orkanta and is on the second leg of his journey. Is he friend of foe, thats for you to decide. But one things for sure, he's no pushover.

Sure OK! He wont be in the characters section though as I'm planning to make him kind of a secret one.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
"Oh, and baron. I would like to be the first to ask you to join our hacking team: The Cynical Plains."
"And I second your opinion to let RedBaron join."

I would be honored!! :)
Oh, and Ominous you're starter looks great!!
Oh, and I almost forgot one more thing . . . . . .

The Ominous Plains

Years
Woot, on we go!
This may either be the final or middle in the evo line. I was thinking a centaur like creature for the final.
C&C please...

Bullfakemon.png

Personally I think this is the best sprite I've ever done

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
What color should the platypus water starter be, I might make it.

The Ominous Plains

Years
I would think a blue and purple or green.

Btw the platypus have to be poison/water type as platypus are venimous :P

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Sorry... I didn't see that... It should be water/poison.. I like that idea.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I'm not quite done yet, but I thought I would post what I have so far, so you guys can tell me what to do.

Here we go...

24erkv8.png

I'm still going to add the other legs, fix the eyes, recolor the beak, and put a more platypus-like tail.

Should I use some other colors? And what else could I do?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
@redbaron - the 1st one is amazingly cool and cute :P. But the second one has an akward pose and is just a bigger version of the first.

but i assume that these took alot of effort and time to make

PS. love the spriting effort going into this hack. Hopefully you'll pull through as a team.

RedBaron474

I don't even know
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 26, 2016
@redbaron - the 1st one is amazingly cool and cute :P. But the second one has an akward pose and is just a bigger version of the first.

but i assume that these took alot of effort and time to make

PS. love the spriting effort going into this hack. Hopefully you'll pull through as a team.
Thank you very much for being honest with me. . . . I REALLY appreciate constructive critiscm (unlike harris that used to work for you) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back