• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    wow, that looks great, personally never thought it would look like a cenetar. I love imagination.

PS. i give up on the palatapus thing, I'm too lazy ang i conclude i can't sprite for my life (or anyone elses) for the mater.

Your platypus probably looks better than mine. Why don't you show us what you did?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    cause i just sqrewed urs up, and the old one looks better...

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Oh... I should probably work on mine...

Fixing it up...

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    hmmm, i would say 9/10

y?

cause the mane on the second evo does not appear on the last...(which makes the mane pretty pointless), and cause the shield and sword is random lol.

it's great, 90% is pretty good

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    ^^no Blasto king is by far my worst spriter, and he sux at spriting, he still needs training!

I would be lying if i said that :P

Blasto king is great, he loves fakemon too :)

PS. for those of u who are curious here is my sorry attempt in spriting that water starter of urs.

Please don't critize me to death... I'm hurt already, by nothing in particular.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I can do Fakemon and trainers, if there isn't already enough people on the job.

(It doesn't look like it because you haven't updated your Fakemon Dex.)

To TheOminousPlains: Your fire starters look more simalar to splices instead of Fakemon. By looking at then I see:
    The starter: Girafirig, Ponyta
    First evo: Camerupt, Taurus (smoke from Torkal, but that's a common element in Fakemon.)
    Final evo: Rapidash, Cyndaquil (or it's evo's), and is that a Deoxys arm?

A sample of my work:

Spoiler:

C&C please!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    wait you need a water starter tell me the details about it and i shall start spriting

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    You should change the second evo, because currently it goes Pony.. Goat thing.. Centaur... It seems it should have more of a horse theme...

To The Cynic...

You should update the first post with all of the Fakemon.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    @558122_DG
    Its good... How many have you made before?
    Was it from scratch? Or did you edit something? What did you edit, if you did?

@Everyone else
    How does my Water Starter look, so far? (Its on page 4, near the bottom.)

I am going to re-do the shading, as it looks horrible... I don't know what else I could do. I tried to make it look like a platypus, but with some "Pokémon" in it. I could use some ideas. Should it have webbed feet, or should they stay the same?

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • POST OVERLOAD!!!!!!

My wireless connection fails so I decide to watch some TV. Now its morning and I'm dumbfounded by the amount of overnight activity (tho I guess its not overnight in the US). Now I've got to comment slowliy and carefully.

@ Omnious Plains

I really like your spriting work, but the problem is it dont seem to fit in. A centaur is based on a horse, while this is a goat line. The line should play out as goat --> ram --> ibex. Also a Fire/steel cannot be in this hack as the way the brotherhood's pokemon as well as the way the gym leaders are structured, steel would give this pokemon an unfair advantage (too many resistances). Sorry I didn't mention this before but the fire line has to be purely fire for this one as so not to upset the balance. Your other two members of this line are excellent and so is this one but it just dosn't really fit in sorry. So that your hard work is not wasted, why don't you make it a legendary in your own hack Pokemon Desert Orchid (which any other readers should check out by the way)? It does seem to suit a legendary more than a starter. I would include it as a legendary in mine but I'm only going to have one as it is vital to the plot.

@ Pokestorm

Well done on the starter so far! You could add small barbs to the tail to make it more poisony. You can do this pkemon's entire evolutionary line if you want, you have the exclusive rights to do so (ie. no one else can sprite this evo line). keep the blue colour of course and maybe make its feet webbed?

I havn't updated the first post with the new fakemon as names have yet to be decided and my current priority is the region. Once i've uploaded my sketches of fakemon for people to help sprite I will then upload all the definates to the first post OK?

@ DG

Your fakemon would otherwise be very good but Pokestorm's is much better. I'm sure you can help with later spriting though...

@ Deja Vu

I like your character spriting a lot and would love to make you a character spriter. As for fakemon i'm afraid we have enough as it is. If we have too many different fake spriters, the fakemon will all be of different styles and it would kinda look messy. You can do members of the brotherhood mainly and I'l PM you with the information at a later date. Its amazing how your ideas for the 7 are very similar to mine. The thing is, in Sands of Time the highest rank you will face is an Overseer (Overseer Tesseract of Vicitalis to be precise). I may have mentioned this before but Pokemon Chronicles was originally going to be a series. Sands of Time is the 2nd in the series. I'm choosing to only do the 2nd for now as it is the one that can stand alone easist. Ifwhen this is completed I may continue the series:

1. Pokemon Chronicles: The Garden of Eden
    2. Pokemon Chronicles: The Sands of Time
    3. Pokemon Chronicles: The Eye of the Storm
    4. Pokemon Chronicles: The Final Chapter

Each has a different region and controlled charcter. But the character from the previous hack always makes a major appearance in the next. The 7 are not fought until hack no.3 or no.4 and so will not be in this hack. That dosn't mean you are not needed as the initiates up to the overseer require spriting and you can do the 7 anyway so that they're ready.

As I said before I'm only going to do hack no. 2 for now as all 4 at once would be too ambitious. If this is sucessful when its done and I still have enough juice left in me I will make no.1 and then no. 3 and then no.4. I already have the rgions, plot and characters designed so its not like I havn't though about the overall storyline. They are all linked by the protaganists, the brotherhood and the 7 legendary dragons (Vicitraho is the only one that will feature in Sands of Time). For example, Casey, Sands of Time's protaganist, is aided by Hope, Garden of Eden's protaganist. They are set roughly 3 yaers apart.

So there you go!

@Blasto King

I'm afraid we have enoughfakemon spriters, as mentioned above. You can conrtibute howver ideas and criticism. Also, if someone drops out you can become a spriter.

@RedBaron

Keep up the good work! perhaps incorperate elements of the Eucalyptus tree into the final Koala evo as this is their food of choice?

@Everyone

Yikes! Thanks for all your input guys! The hack is going swimingly well. I will update the fakemon section once I have made up some names and chosen which fakemon will definately be used. Question me at any time if you want more info on plot, setting, fakemon or anything OK?

~Well Done~

Righty-ho, here's a list of what members of the team should be doing right now. Please, if you have extra sprites etc. for his hack that you want to show us, can you wait until its officially spriting time. Thanks

RedBaron474: Grass starter line and gym leader's sprites (to be PMed not posted)
    <>*Ralts*<>: Standing by for when its tiling time!
    Pokemonhacker: Standing by for when its spriting time!
    SphericalIce: Standing by for when its spriting time!
    WKnite: Standing by for when its spriting time!
    The Omnious Plains:
    Fire starter line
    Pokestorm: Water starter line
    Deja Vu: Standing by for when its spriting time!
    Harris59: Casey and Prof. Minkowski's sprites (to be PMed not posted)

If there are additional sprites etc. you wish to show me, please wait. You can upload them when I'm at that stage.
    Stages:
    1. Region Info and Badges
    2. Spriting (when I'l upload my sketches)
    3. Moves, Items, Tms, HMs
    4. Tiling
    5. Mapping and OWing
    6. Scripting
    7. Post Production

I'm just trying to keep things organised OK...

Ps. We are still looking for an OWer please. If someone could volunteer their skills taht would be great. Remember to give examples!

~Thanks~

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    Thank you, I am glad to be of service on your hack.

I can try my hand at overworld sprites, It wouldn't be the first time.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Welcome to the team, Deja Vu!

I'm sorry you didn't make it Blasto King. Good luck.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    ur gonna regret not taking in blasto king

and I never siad i wanna be part of the team, i just wanted to try out spriting something simple like a preevo for once.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back