• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Cintrine (Final Release released)

Do you think that I should create a new hack or continuing updating Pokemon Cintrine?

• Create new hack

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Update

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2012
    any1 can tell me y is it i cant play a hacked ruby rom on my vba and gpsp?i can play a original rom but after i patch it and load the rom my vba screen stays white and if i load it on a gpsp it jus crashes my psp.but i can play the real original rom but not after it has patched.however i can play a hacked fire red rom.sum1 any1 pls help me

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    Those tiles look way better, WAY Better.
    So does the Shadow Lugia, but those water rocks look weird.
    Also, I agree with Ruka on changing the OW of the Hero.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
    You should change the Hero's OW, other than that, you also
    have to edit your maps some more, making it better and not
    like the ones from Ruby Version.

Good luck. Do you have the Heroine OWs aswell?
    Ermm, the about the ruby maps.
    Does this look better?
    Spoiler:

OW Final Release perhaps?
    any1 can tell me y is it i cant play a hacked ruby rom on my vba and gpsp?i can play a original rom but after i patch it and load the rom my vba screen stays white and if i load it on a gpsp it jus crashes my psp.but i can play the real original rom but not after it has patched.however i can play a hacked fire red rom.sum1 any1 pls help me
    I don't know what is gpsp but you can go to the first page and go to the FAQ section.

Those tiles look way better, WAY Better.
    So does the Shadow Lugia, but those water rocks look weird.
    Also, I agree with Ruka on changing the OW of the Hero.
    Guargh!!!! Posted at the same time!!
    The water rocks? I like them because they were made by me...
    maths:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
    Years
    Citrine looks great! Only things I don't like are the lack of shading and dithering in your sprites. No offense, but citrine would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better with your sprites fixed.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Pokemon Cintrine (Final Release released)

These tiles look familiar... Did you insert them yourself, or take them from a ROM base I made (except the table... Not sure...)? They are exactly how I inserted them, so if you did take them from my ROM Base, I would like a little credit, de to the amount of times it took to get it like that, and the bugs I encountered made me start again... Took days. (If you are, little note, the Poke-Circle thing needs moving up one, I made special blocks that have the red overlap the shaded tile!)

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
    Citrine looks great! Only things I don't like are the lack of shading and dithering in your sprites. No offense, but citrine would be waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better with your sprites fixed.
    Need more shading? I guess so :knockedou It's cintrine not citrine...

These tiles look familiar... Did you insert them yourself, or take them from a ROM base I made (except the table... Not sure...)? They are exactly how I inserted them, so if you did take them from my ROM Base, I would like a little credit, de to the amount of times it took to get it like that, and the bugs I encountered made me start again... Took days. (If you are, little note, the Poke-Circle thing needs moving up one, I made special blocks that have the red overlap the shaded tile!)
    I really dunno know though... I did took it from your rombase but shall I give you or Kyledove the credits? Perhaps both? Yeah both! ;)
    Spoiler:

To Pokediagla:
    Much better.
    Now, perhaps you could be the OWs in your final release?
    Yeah! :)

Anyways, a little update:

After I tested it, I found it quite hard to use Espeon or Umbreon so I change it to Vampireon, Lucario and Sudowotree. However this is not the only reason... The other reason is because of the evolving problem (which seems unfixable...) If the starter can evolve, then the game would freeze :'(...
    Now I'll be re-scripting every text to make it better ;)
    Have the patience!
    ..............................................................................................................
    December Updates

(Christos said I can revive this so don't close)

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I must say your hack has surely progressed over a period of time, and it looks you have been working very hard on it, one thing though which I think you need to improve is the overall graphics section of the game (disregarding pokedex etc.) I mean the new pokemon OW's, sprites, and such. Some look unrecognizable from anything which could resemble a pokemon and some are terribly 2d. I think really if you improved those and some of the tiles/pallets this could be one of the best hacks here and one of the few finished.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
    I must say your hack has surely progressed over a period of time, and it looks you have been working very hard on it, one thing though which I think you need to improve is the overall graphics section of the game (disregarding pokedex etc.) I mean the new pokemon OW's, sprites, and such. Some look unrecognizable from anything which could resemble a pokemon and some are terribly 2d. I think really if you improved those and some of the tiles/pallets this could be one of the best hacks here and one of the few finished.
    I'll try my best;)
    Yes, I've been through a very tough time :knockedou
    I also have to keep on to my studies so hehe...
    ...............................................................................................

Final Release: Pokemon Cintrine Final Version 1.0.ips (618,5 kB) (Not tested yet)
    This one doesn't have the heroine sprites inserted. I'll try to get that done in Final Version 1.1 ^^

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    Uh-oh...this hack seems rather underrated...4 pages of replies in such a long time, and almost half of them are made by the author.
    Pity.
    Because this hack SHOULD get attention.
    I went off from the start and saw that this guy here, has put such a lot of effort in this hack, and it has improved a whole lot. It's one of the hacks that WILL be finished, after a year of hard work. It pays off, if you ask me.

Over time, your tiles became better and better, and so did your sprites. Both still need to be worked on, though, but of course, you won't give up!

...Maybe you should try your luck on a new overworld for the main hero...just a yellow version of Red from FR/LG won't really amaze anyone. Just suggesting.

Also, I seem to be having the 'white screen' issue. I'll try a different Ruby ROM, I guess, but it's weird since it had no problems patching other Ruby Roms so far.

I haven't tested it so I can't say much at this point. My favourite fakemon of yours is Litagon, while I laughed at Eragon (about the name), even though it has very good shading, this one.

Well, I'll try the final version and when I get it to work I'll give you a more detailed review on the game. Cheers.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
    Uh-oh...this hack seems rather underrated...4 pages of replies in such a long time, and almost half of them are made by the author.
    Pity.
    Because this hack SHOULD get attention.
    I went off from the start and saw that this guy here, has put such a lot of effort in this hack, and it has improved a whole lot. It's one of the hacks that WILL be finished, after a year of hard work. It pays off, if you ask me.

Over time, your tiles became better and better, and so did your sprites. Both still need to be worked on, though, but of course, you won't give up!

...Maybe you should try your luck on a new overworld for the main hero...just a yellow version of Red from FR/LG won't really amaze anyone. Just suggesting.

Also, I seem to be having the 'white screen' issue. I'll try a different Ruby ROM, I guess, but it's weird since it had no problems patching other Ruby Roms so far.

I haven't tested it so I can't say much at this point. My favourite fakemon of yours is Litagon, while I laughed at Eragon (about the name), even though it has very good shading, this one.

Well, I'll try the final version and when I get it to work I'll give you a more detailed review on the game. Cheers.
    If you still can't get it to work, go to FAQ section. And thanks :classic:

Hmm... maybe you should make a Hero OW for this Hack, Nika.
    You're a OW Spriter, right?

With you, this Hack will be better with new Pokemon OWs, Hero OWs, etc.
    ^Pretty Please???:D

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
    To complete the hack shows that you have way more dedication than most people here, and since I've been following this since Mid Marchish, if one hack I knew someone would pull through and finish, it was this one. (Not counting the HS or Ruby Destiny)

Though I agree with Panda, the sprites seem 2D. But compared to awhile ago, your tiles are so much better as is your mapping. Bottom line is that the sprites are the major downfall, with the help of that horrible bug, that prevents Evolution. If you could improve one thing, make your sprites look better and new OWs.

Great job and props to you, you deserve a congratulations for just managing to finish it unlike many other hacks here. Great job.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    I just download the final version today and have made it to the 5th badge but when I talk to my dad in the back room the wally script runs again and I can't challenge him.

Also Vamperion doesn't have a pokedex entry.

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years
    I just download the final version today and have made it to the 5th badge but when I talk to my dad in the back room the wally script runs again and I can't challenge him.

Also Vamperion doesn't have a pokedex entry.
    Wierd :\
    I'll check When I get home:D
    Vampireon's Pokedex data can only be seen in the National Dex. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022

Don't you just love those trees? I think I've seen them before, actually;

Just kidding? I guess. But they are pretty similar in pixel comparison, with a few tweaks. =/. Maybe we just used similar rips... idk. But, if you did bite the trees, it's not appreciated. At all. I'll give the benefit of the doubt... I'm probably overreacting.

Anyways, I tried the latest patch, and you can't even go further than the first few events. To be blunt, what I was able to play wasn't very enjoyable.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years

Your headbutt trees looks exactly like the ones from Shiny Gold except for the bottom which looks like it's been given a cheap edit. I don't think Zel would appreciate his rvbamps being used in hacks such as yours, which doesn't seems to give a very good appeal and isn't of that good quality.

All I can say is that you need a bit more effort and less focus on graphics, which will make this hack flourish over time. :3

Poke_a_Dialga!

Years

Don't you just love those trees? I think I've seen them before, actually;

Just kidding? I guess. But they are pretty similar in pixel comparison, with a few tweaks. =/. Maybe we just used similar rips... idk. But, if you did bite the trees, it's not appreciated. At all. I'll give the benefit of the doubt... I'm probably overreacting.

Anyways, I tried the latest patch, and you can't even go further than the first few events. To be blunt, what I was able to play wasn't very enjoyable.
    I got that from WAH. It wasn't playable?
    Wierd...
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

......I've seen this hack..... I'm gonna download it.....
    Go ahead :)

Your headbutt trees looks exactly like the ones from Shiny Gold except for the bottom which looks like it's been given a cheap edit. I don't think Zel would appreciate his rvbamps being used in hacks such as yours, which doesn't seems to give a very good appeal and isn't of that good quality.

All I can say is that you need a bit more effort and less focus on graphics, which will make this hack flourish over time. :3
    You mean I shall give credits to Zel?
    I'm currently in my friend's house so I can't do much. :(
    And yes I'm focusing on scripting. :)
    I still have a lot to learn though.
    ...................................................................................................................
    Creator's words
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back