• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon coming to McDonalds outside of Japan.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I think I'll pass. Figurines of the Pokemon themselves have never interested me *is still waiting to see a figurine of Leaf from FR/LG*

TCG has never interested me either, so the extra card really isn't an incentive for me.

But now all of a sudden I have a sudden urge for Mickey D's fries...

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Any ideas if this is going to be coming to the UK? Hopefully it will.

Yeah, a WiFi event would be cool, not really sure what they could give us via WiFi though unless it's like a random Shiny Pokemon, that'd be cool :P

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Thanks for telling me the price, I hadn't seen it!

I'm from Quebec too, and it would definitely suck if the cards were in French. Nobody gives a crap about these ugly names xD. Oh well, at least it won't be written on the figure itself and that's what I care about mostly.

I'm surprised the French Pokemon names are used in the Quebec-French game (I didn't know, I always buy it in English). The best for the kids would be a French game with English Pokemon names. That's what we were used to in the anime after all!

That's because they import the games from France, probably so as to not screw up location data and foreign Dex entries; Quebec would probably have their own Pokemon translation with English names if they decided to make French games for Canada before D/P came out. Still, the English games are way more popular (sell faster, and most French-speakers talk about the English games and names on forums rather than the French ones).

And no, I was talking about whether the toys talk (say their names) or not. Just wondering that if we get talking toys, whether they'd be meticulous and distribute France's toys in Quebec ("Vipélierre!" "Gruikui!" "Moustillon!") instead of English Canada/USA's toys ("Snivy!" "Tepig! Oink!" "Oshawott!), even though their names IN ANY LANGUAGE aren't real words and they shouldn't worry about that kind of thing. (Pikachu and Zoroark would stay the same thankfully, and probably Reshiram and Zekrom too since they haven't been revealed as being able to talk yet outside of Japan).

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    That's because they import the games from France, probably so as to not screw up location data and foreign Dex entries; Quebec would probably have their own Pokemon translation with English names if they decided to make French games for Canada before D/P came out. Still, the English games are way more popular (sell faster, and most French-speakers talk about the English games and names on forums rather than the French ones).

And no, I was talking about whether the toys talk (say their names) or not. Just wondering that if we get talking toys, whether they'd be meticulous and distribute France's toys in Quebec ("Vipélierre!" "Gruikui!" "Moustillon!") instead of English Canada/USA's toys ("Snivy!" "Tepig! Oink!" "Oshawott!), even though their names IN ANY LANGUAGE aren't real words and they shouldn't worry about that kind of thing. (Pikachu and Zoroark would stay the same thankfully, and probably Reshiram and Zekrom too since they haven't been revealed as being able to talk yet outside of Japan).
    I really doubt they will make sounds since it would cost too much to produce, unless McDonald's has already distributed talking toys in the past, but I don't eat there enough to know.

Years
    I do not know what McDonalds is think by having the Pokémon toy being distributed alongside Liv dolls. Last time I checked Pokémon appeals to boys and girls.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I really doubt they will make sounds since it would cost too much to produce, unless McDonald's has already distributed talking toys in the past, but I don't eat there enough to know.

They have had talking toys in the past. For example, McD got a really nice collection of talking Shrek figures for the two most recent movies, which were produced in different languages for different parts of the world - and of course, Quebec (almost definitely) got the French ones >.<

Still, I have a hunch towards the toys just being plain poseable action figures ala Jakks, with the "gimmick" being the pack-in TCG card.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Woah, seems awesome - my little brother is always buying Happy meals so I might nag his toys and cards when it comes to the UK.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
    They have had talking toys in the past. For example, McD got a really nice collection of talking Shrek figures for the two most recent movies, which were produced in different languages for different parts of the world - and of course, Quebec (almost definitely) got the French ones >.<

Still, I have a hunch towards the toys just being plain poseable action figures ala Jakks, with the "gimmick" being the pack-in TCG card.
    Euwness xD. Poor us. In that case I'd go buy them when I travel to the US :P.

Darthrai

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Pictures of all the toys are now up, as well as the numbering system (indicating which waves they're in - probably 2 per wave).

https://pokemonblackandwhite.net/?p=4871

-Pikachu's cheeks light up
    -Reshiram is a poseable figure
    -Oshawott is a bobblehead
    -Zoroark is another poseable figure
    -Tepig's tail lights up
    -Zekrom is yet another poseable figure
    -Snivy's head moves up and down
    -Zorua jumps when you push it down

Kinda bugs me that they're giving Pikachu in the first wave with Reshiram instead of putting Reshiram and Zekrom together... then again, this promotion is mostly for little kids, and they can't get enough of the little yellow rodent.

Personally, I'm probably just going to pick up Reshiram (1st week), Zekrom (3rd week), and maybe Zoroark (2nd week). They look pretty good, but honestly it would have been cooler if they *finally* gave us Reshiram and Zekrom figures whose tails can light up into "overdrive" mode, all the merchandise we have so far either gives them lit or unlit tails with no way to switch between the two.

As for the cards, I can make out Maractus, Oshawott, Blitzle... looks like they'll mostly be unevolved commons, nothing special (nothing like the ability starters or full-art legends).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Based on those new facts, I want Zekrom, Tepig, and Zorua. The rest are nice and I wouldn't mind having them, but those are my favorites.

Persephone

Queen of Hearts
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    I'm not really surprised at all. McDonalds already gave away Pokemon toys before.. or was it Burger King? (I can't remember) I still have my pokemon key-chains I got from a kid's meal, many moons ago. It's a good thing that I have little cousin, now I won't feel so bad ording a kid's meal. >.>

Katja

Years
    OMG I want Zorua and Zoroark. O_O Me and my BF are going to get these when they come out!!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

You are all fools if you think you'd sacrifice your dignity and 1% of your health for a Pokemon toy.... by McDonalds

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When they come to Australia (which they better eventually or someone will suffer etc), I'll probs only get Zekrom/Tepig. Idk, I love McDonalds, and in the past I used to get Happy Meals all the time, so I'm not that embarrased about that. :3

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    Oh another one, that's good. It's been a while since there was a Pokemon Event at McDonalds, after the Gen 4 versions were released I think? Got myself a Manaphy that time.

Anyways, looking forward to getting some cards into my collection, not really into figurines except the Zekrom one. And since McDonalds is just across from where I live, I can just walk there, get a meal, and get myself some cards.

Back