• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Community Diminishing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    DragonTrainer said:
    Maybe we could get TPM to link to us......After all, that is a BIG pokemon site, and has many members that may want to come to us.That is, unless we are rivals with them too.......

well on the surface no message board is ever rivals to each other. underneath... who doesn't want more members? there are many ways to get more members such as inviting RL friends, or do more advertisement on the internet so people who don't know about pokemon forums yet will join your forum... however... what's the easiest way to get more members? Drain it from another board. How can anyone let go of a the chance to get more members from a place where a huge population of pokemon forum fans are located? Much higher success rate than any other methods... affilates will eventually break away from one another if the gap in terms of number of members increase to a certain extent... serebii.net for example has very serious and strict rules about being another website's affilates...

so defining a "rival" is rather difficult

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Kairi, so do you think maybe Lightning could get TPM to link to us?If we could do that, then maybe we may get more dedicated members to come to PC, and finally liven up PC!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Well dont even try Serebii.net, Serebii.net has there own forums (and its not small) so why even ask? Well about SA he has his own forums too, and its vB and if he made PC his home forums then it would be throwing his money away for the vB forums. And about other anime, I dont know but has any one looked this is a Pokemon site not Yu-Gi-Oh not Digimon not any other anime. And if a Yu-Gi-Oh site joined then the name would look funny, dont you think Pokemon Community a Yu-Gi-Oh forum.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The best she could probably do is put a link in her signature, she's just a plain mod there. Nothing to do with the actual site, just the boards there.

Steve has a Yuggiou(Yu-Gi-Oh!) site though.

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
    First of all, what the **** is TPM? When is Arcanine gonna criticize me again for another ^evil^ post.

Other than suggesting, why don't we go into action? Better yet, make me a super mod, so I can make all these suggestions of sites linking to this forum come true?

EDIT: By the way Kairi, I was just kidding about what I wrote in the thread.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Well dont even try Serebii.net, Serebii.net has there own forums (and its not small) so why even ask? Well about SA he has his own forums too, and its vB and if he made PC his home forums then it would be throwing his money away for the vB forums. And about other anime, I dont know but has any one looked this is a Pokemon site not Yu-Gi-Oh not Digimon not any other anime. And if a Yu-Gi-Oh site joined then the name would look funny, dont you think Pokemon Community a Yu-Gi-Oh forum.

that is true.. that's why if you're trying to make some connections between PC and fanfiction.net, then stick it to the Pokemon category only... if we lured some funny Lord of the Rings fanfic writers here from fanfiction.net then that could cause some embarrassing scenes...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I agree with TeNk, let's put these ideas into action, so that we can get new members!But before we do that, we need to come up with a good advertising idea, so we can get people's attention.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    TPM is The PokeMaster, the best site for Pokemon prior to the time of serebii.net. Because of financial problems TPM fell and serebii slipped into the first place lineup.

Arcanine didn't critize you. He is just saying that do not try serebii.net... S-mods aren't chosen to have such a high spot in the PC hiearchy ladder. They know what they're doing. Have respect for them or any other members even if they criticize or are against your comments.

do not put anything into action yet. careful planning is needed, as well as the admin's comments and ideas. Afterall vb does cost money and the admins are paying for all of us. They deserve their right to speak about this completely and totally. Don't jump the gun. Not everything is reversable.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Super Moderators are not casually hired. I've been here a long time, and only recently made an smod. We don't control things like who links to us or psychical changes to the boards like graphics, just control all aspects of posts, topics, and banning.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Another thing I heard about becoming a Mod:If you ask to become a mod, then you will never become a Mod.Anyone have any advertising ideas that will work?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    TeNk said:
    When is Arcanine gonna criticize me again for another ^evil^ post.
    Do you want me to start again?

TeNk said:
    Other than suggesting, why don't we go into action? Better yet, make me a super mod, so I can make all these suggestions of sites linking to this forum come true?
    Dont take this wrong but I dont see how some one like you could ever make S-Mod here on PC. And asking will not help you become a S-Mod.

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
    I don't see how a person like yourself can become a super mod. You have incorrect grammar all over the place. Please refrain from being lazy, Mr. Smart.

Now, we should get back on topic by spamming this site like on every other forum so people can notice us.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    TeNk said:
    I don't see how a person like yourself can become a super mod. You have incorrect grammar all over the place. Please refrain from being lazy, Mr. Smart.

Now, we should get back on topic by spamming this site like on every other forum so people can notice us.
    spelling/grammer doesnt matter for a s-mod, why should it? hes here to help and look over stuff not give a lesson in english!

And i dont think we should even try to get any site linked to us if they have a forum of there own, what would be their benifit? losing members? why try? look for sites w/no forums!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    TeNk said:

You know you should shut up about the incorrect grammar, Mr.Prefect. You keep going on "hay you use correct grammar like me, im so prefect", PC is not a site where you keep going on about some ones some one incorrect grammar.

(not talking to TeNk) And I dont think TMP will join PC, thay have over 10,000 members on there forums (thay out do PE2K).

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    TeNk said:

no do not spam on other site... then they'll just think of us as degarding sites with no sense of intelligence... it will ruin PC's reputation. Last time in that spammer invasion PE2K earned itself a bad reputation to PC members, regardless of the fact that that spammer is really from PE2K or not.

incorrect grammar is common online, as what we say in RL conversation is grammatically incorrect anyway. It's just about preference for online grammar. I just recently shaped up in online grammar because of Kairi's mysterious tradition and custom (or just call it "fuss") over it which i quite admire.

don't insult Arcanine... he's a very friendly mod who certainly knows what he is doing. And Haruka, restrain yourself from doing stuff like that in your last post... don't counter an insult with more insults. Don't let the flaming cycle begin. And Arcanine maybe just tone down a little? I think the tone in one of your old messages created a bit of misunderstanding (not the content, but the diction and the tone)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    *sharp whistle* This topic's way out of hand. I'm going to close it for now, and open it later. Possibly. If I do, fresh start. Understood?

frostweaver is certainly correct on most of that.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kairi said:
    *sharp whistle* This topic's way out of hand. I'm going to close it for now, and open it later. Possibly. If I do, fresh start. Understood?

frostweaver is certainly correct on most of that.
    Better yet some one start a new fresh thread (call it something diffrent then "Pokemon Community Diminishing").

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back