• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

D00mn1nja

Avid Player
Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    team ozone leader needs to look like rowan

Edit: Nevermind on that

Last edited:

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
  • I told you use the tiles from mt.ember for the meteor falls

Yeh, they work quite well. Im just editing meteor falls now.
    Adam, as part of the story, is there any chance you could make a battle Sprite for Mewtwo, but him as a trainer. I want it different than his Pokemon sprite.
    The story Behind this -
    'Team rocket have captured Mewtwo. When you get into the rocket base near the end, Mewtwo attacks them, and battles you as an actual trainer with his own pokemon'
    Re-done Meteor Falls with different tiles
    Pokemon: Complete

Hope you like :P

Edit: Pallet Town with the meteor Impact zone.
    Pokemon: Complete

Last edited:

D00mn1nja

Avid Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    ok guys... here's our first draft of the first sequence in the story. Me and Aiinz have been discussing the story and here's a preview with a guide book-like explaination

The Blueprint

Years
  • Thanks for the help so far everyone, I would like to ask again (I know it's alot to ask) for someone to make us some sinnoh tiles with their own tilesets. And also, could someone tell me how to create a new space for a new sprite in OW.
    Thanks Everyone,
    AiiNZ
    Oh, and by the way, we are going to remove the Sevii islands and the Pokemon Leagues in Each region Such as Indigo Plateau, Evergrande City and such. They aren't really needed and this will save us much space. Also, I am thinking of removing some HM's such as Cut, Rocksmash, Strength, while keeping Surf, Waterfall and Fly. This will save us some room too, but if we cant find away to work around cutting trees and rock smashing to prevent you going somewhere to early, we will have to keep them. Its just that we might be able to stop you getting somewhere to early in one region, but if you got all the HM's in Kanto, then we will have to find a new way to stop you getting about in the next region, unless we spread the HM's around each region.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • ok guys... here's our first draft of the first sequence in the story. Me and Aiinz have been discussing the story and here's a preview with a guide book-like explaination

Decent story, except you don't set clocks in FireRed :)

Thanks for the help so far everyone, I would like to ask again (I know it's alot to ask) for someone to make us some sinnoh tiles with their own tilesets. And also, could someone tell me how to create a new space for a new sprite in OW.
    Thanks Everyone,
    AiiNZ
    Oh, and by the way, we are going to remove the Sevii islands and the Pokemon Leagues in Each region Such as Indigo Plateau, Evergrande City and such. They aren't really needed and this will save us much space. Also, I am thinking of removing some HM's such as Cut, Rocksmash, Strength, while keeping Surf, Waterfall and Fly. This will save us some room too, but if we cant find away to work around cutting trees and rock smashing to prevent you going somewhere to early, we will have to keep them. Its just that we might be able to stop you getting somewhere to early in one region, but if you got all the HM's in Kanto, then we will have to find a new way to stop you getting about in the next region, unless we spread the HM's around each region.
    This is a while idea but, how about when you are maneuvering between regions, the boat guy removes all your HMs for the region. He saves which HM you've gotten using setvar. Then when you are heading back, the guy gives you your HMs back depending on which var was set and which is not set. That way, each region has it's own HMs to find and no region can be used to go to early areas in other regions.

If not, we could also use flags. For example, we check for the HM cut, if its present, we setflag 0x200 and he removes it. When coming back, he checks for flag #200, if set, he gives us cut again.

It's ambitious, but never before done.

Last edited:

The Blueprint

Years
  • Decent story, except you don't set clocks in FireRed :)

This is a while idea but, how about when you are maneuvering between regions, the boat guy removes all your HMs for the region. He saves which HM you've gotten using setvar. Then when you are heading back, the guy gives you your HMs back depending on which var was set and which is not set. That way, each region has it's own HMs to find and no region can be used to go to early areas in other regions.

If not, we could also use flags. For example, we check for the HM cut, if its present, we setflag 0x200 and he removes it. When coming back, he checks for flag #200, if set, he gives us cut again.

It's ambitious, but never before done.

Its a very good Idea, but have you taken into account that some Pokemon on your team may know the move already?

We could just use people to block the path, but I think we might run out of ideas and it would get boring before we a person to block each place, and Im sure people might get sick of the idea. Or maybe, like, we could have People there Eg. "Do you have the Boulder Badge? No? Then I'm sorry, Its just not safe for you to pass". And If you need to say, defeat a group of rockets causing trouble before you move on, lets say, the gym leader either doesn't find you a worthy enough opponent to fight, or isn't at the gym, or the gym is closed.

I should also let you know, that aswell as Elite 4 NPC's if you help, there are also Gym leader positions. We will keep the gyms balanced, such as 2 gyms of each type through all regions (Unless we include Normal, witch I dont think we will.)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Its a very good Idea, but have you taken into account that some Pokemon on your team may know the move already?

We could just use people to block the path, but I think we might run out of ideas and it would get boring before we a person to block each place, and Im sure people might get sick of the idea. Or maybe, like, we could have People there Eg. "Do you have the Boulder Badge? No? Then I'm sorry, Its just not safe for you to pass". And If you need to say, defeat a group of rockets causing trouble before you move on, lets say, the gym leader either doesn't find you a worthy enough opponent to fight, or isn't at the gym, or the gym is closed.

I should also let you know, that aswell as Elite 4 NPC's if you help, there are also Gym leader positions. We will keep the gyms balanced, such as 2 gyms of each type through all regions (Unless we include Normal, witch I dont think we will.)

Don't forget, theres also a command that checks the moves of your pokemon in your team. We can check for all the HM's. If any pokemon has a HM the boat man will say "I'm sorry, but we can't allow you to go to another region if your pokemon has a HM as one of their moves. Please visit the move deleter or change your pokemon."

The Blueprint

Years
  • Don't forget, theres also a command that checks the moves of your pokemon in your team. We can check for all the HM's. If any pokemon has a HM the boat man will say "I'm sorry, but we can't allow you to go to another region if your pokemon has a HM as one of their moves. Please visit the move deleter or change your pokemon."

Good Idea, we can do that then

The Blueprint

Years
  • One loophole, what about pokemon with HM's in the PC. Can't they just take it out on the new region?

There are some ways of getting around it but..

Mmmm.
    Maybe prior to going to a new region, you have to log onto the pc and transfer your pokemon to a different server. Say for Example, your'e in Johto. You can select some pokemon to send to the Hoenn Server, but not the ones with HM's.
    Also, is it possible to let your pokemon travel to the region once you have The HM's from that particular region?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • well, it's not impossible to do, but it will be hard, I might have recomended using emerald because it has the most map names (all hoenn and kanto and sevii map names are in) but it has limited space, and even with expansion you may not have enough room. You're also going to have to repoint the trainer table, cut corners with the map names (like making silph co part of saffron instead pf having it's own map name), and find a way to get rid of the problem with the pokedex that doesn't allow you to get into a wild battle with pokemon that have a pokedex # over 386. You may also want to find out how to let pokemon level up to levels over 100.

If you somehow mannage fit everything into the rom, this may be the biggest hack yet!!
    Good luck, you're going to need it.

*edit*
    for the hm problem, you could have something happen to your badges whenever you enter a new region, so you can't use the move out of battle (such as the evil team steals them, the boat you were on ran into rough waters and your badges went over board...)

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Well I'm still yet to be appointed maps to do :/
    And also I was thinking about what linkandzelda said about levels, after 2 reigons you already have high levelled pokemon but then I realised that's only because the amount of trainers and the levels of their pokemon are set out like that, if we had few trainers with weak lvl'ed pokemon we could see how high your pokemon would be base the gyms and maybe after 1 reigon have lvl.30-40 pokemon and after 2 having 50-60 pokemon after 3 having 80-90 pokemon and at the end of the game with 100's hopefully :P
    Whatcha think?

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • for the hm problem, you could have something happen to your badges whenever you enter a new region, so you can't use the move out of battle (such as the evil team steals them, the boat you were on ran into rough waters and your badges went over board...)

Or set a flag within each region, disabling the effects of one region's badge, meaning you have to earn the appropriate badge from that region...

Also, will the regions be following the same linear pattern as the other regions? (As in, start at Pallet, then go to viridian, pewter, etc.), because if there's gonna be map/geographical changes, there could be events blocking off sections of the region, forcing you to go elsewhere until the problem's solved... if that makes sense.

And if worse comes to worse, you could always leave out Sinnoh. 3 regions in 1 is still pretty immense. ;)

The Blueprint

Years
  • Or set a flag within each region, disabling the effects of one region's badge, meaning you have to earn the appropriate badge from that region...

Also, will the regions be following the same linear pattern as the other regions? (As in, start at Pallet, then go to viridian, pewter, etc.), because if there's gonna be map/geographical changes, there could be events blocking off sections of the region, forcing you to go elsewhere until the problem's solved... if that makes sense.

And if worse comes to worse, you could always leave out Sinnoh. 3 regions in 1 is still pretty immense. ;)

Yh, I see what you mean. And no, They wont be the same. Maybe Johto Will? As in, you reach Johto from a Cycling road (Along the same route as you got to Kanto in Gold). At the end of that road, theres a surf area that takes you to New Bark (As In GSC). Maybe for Hoenn, You get a ship from the coastal city in Johto, Cant remember the name. From there you arrive in slateport and the rest Follows on.

Well I'm still yet to be appointed maps to do :/
    And also I was thinking about what linkandzelda said about levels, after 2 reigons you already have high levelled pokemon but then I realised that's only because the amount of trainers and the levels of their pokemon are set out like that, if we had few trainers with weak lvl'ed pokemon we could see how high your pokemon would be base the gyms and maybe after 1 reigon have lvl.30-40 pokemon and after 2 having 50-60 pokemon after 3 having 80-90 pokemon and at the end of the game with 100's hopefully :P
    Whatcha think?

We sorted that out. Read the first post and have a look.
    Also, If you are doing Johto, speak to the other Johto mappers and see wht they have done. You do some what they haven't.

Edit: Could someone make some new Pacifidlog tiles?
    Thanks

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back