• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2023
    This is a pretty small note, but... when I evolved my Scyther into Scizor (at level 50)... it reverted back to level 46? I restarted the game in case it was a glitch and it happened again, so I guess it must just be some weird error that went along with changing the evolution method.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Use Gen 3 Tools, and modify every Pokémon so that their EV yields are 0, and you can use its item editor to change a byte for each healing item to 4 or something so that it can't be used in battle, like key items.

Scizor and Scyther might be in different EXP levelling groups. It happened to my Snover → Abomasnow in Mega Power (lv 40 → 44) and an opponent's Abomasnow → Mega Abomasnow (lv 90 → 94) in Shiny Gold Sigma. So I suspect it's an oversight with the base games.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    So apparently Gardevoir is supossed to learn psychic at lvl.33 but mine it's at lvl.38 and it won't learn it at this point... the move tutor doesn't teach my Gardevoir the move either. Any ideas? Is it bugged?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    Strategies:
    I noticed that for Gym leaders moving forward post Wattson I had to not only switch out mons but I had to make sure that they were absolutely necessary with the strategy.

My rules: (I refer to as "Light Nuzlocke")
    > Only first Pokemon encounter can be caught
    > Pokemon can be fainted (as respect to this version as it IS a kaizo and my first kaizo)
    > Nickname all Pokemon
    > I'm not allowed to overlevel by more than 4/5 levels
    > Battle style: Set

I can reset for moneys sake to prevent a white out

When playing against Flannery I had the biggest surprise trying to tank down all those Overheats and Solarbeams, both of which are high damage output moves.
    (RIP had to bench my Golem and Whiscash)

Also heartbreaking to learn that normal movesets don't apply here (Had to learn the hard way trying to level up an Electabuzz specifically for Light Screen)

Team for Flannery:
    Grumpig
    Gyarados
    Altaria
    Donphan
    Manectric
    Blaziken

Then, fully knowing that Norman was a double battle, I leveled up a Lunatone and Stantler
    Ultimately getting rekt by my initial few attempts, but succeeded by cheesing a bait attack tactic with both Gyarados and Stantler intimidates stacking to screw out his team attacks.

In the end I had to spam rock slide with Golem to keep a flinch chance

Team for Norman:
    Gyarados
    Stantler
    Altaria
    Golem
    Donphan
    Lunatone

I also checked previously on his team (the one posted here is outdated btw)
    Because they were running constant EQs, I had to bench my Manectric and Blaziken
    Easy baits for normal attacks using golem and lunatone switching constantly to spam intimidates

So far so good imo, and I'm having fun/frustration
    Love the mod my dude, thank you so much

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2021
    Loving the game honestly, but I wonder if anyone knows if Keen Eye ignores evasion moves? In gen 3 you couldn't do that, but I wonder if the creator did change on that or not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2021
    so there is no way to get dragon dace/rain dance/sunny day on any of your pokemon? the no protect is also a huge bummer.

any way te add these tm's to the pool again its currently too hard to nuzlocke for me and having a route to angle my team upon would give me hope for another playthrough.

thnx in advance

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I don't remember if anyone asked this question before: Is it certain that trainers have 0 EVs on their Pokémon? So many people think that trainers have max EVs but people that do damage calculations confirm that trainers also don't have EVs.
    so there is no way to get dragon dace/rain dance/sunny day on any of your pokemon? the no protect is also a huge bummer.

any way te add these tm's to the pool again its currently too hard to nuzlocke for me and having a route to angle my team upon would give me hope for another playthrough.

thnx in advance
    This game is not supposed to be nuzlocked. But with that said, someone has beaten it with extreme nuzlocke rules, before, but you have to study the trainer battles and think of some counter strat to beat them, which takes lots of time. The only weather move you can get is Sunny Day, but you have to clear the Trainer Tower/Trainer Hill (whatever it's called) within a certain time threshold, after being the champion. A lot of set up moves are removed for you. Protect is available in the battle frontier and it's a level up move for Volbeat & Illumise.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2021
    I've compiled a wild list using AdvanceMap. I have yet to complete the game yet myself, so let me know if there's any areas I missed.

edit: Updated with the Pokemon for Mirage Island. This is the only place in the game where you can get Sableye AFAIK.

I know its a bit late, but this really needs posting on reddit and all over the place. Super super helpful

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    Can someone help me with the 255 berry patch? I am trying to add it, but I am struggling with it. Many thanks! Fun game so far :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2021
    My torchics exp bar is always at zero and any exp gain while torchic is out freezes the game

switch leveling doesnt work as the bar doesnt go up

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2021
    I´ve just finished the Elite Four.
    It was a really fun one to play, it´s very challenging and hard but not impossible.

My final team was a Flygon, Cloyster, Wobbuffet, Gardevoir, Exeggutor and a Salamence.
    I started with a Torchic but it revealed to be a bad choice, my Blaziken got quite useless as he would die 95% of the times with 1 super effective attack, I mainly played with him Exeggutor and Gardevoir until the 4th badge or something like that, then I got a Shellder and with the exp. share I made him a quite useful Cloyster. In Team Magma Hideout I got a Wobbufet that was quite hard to catch, but completely worth it and decided to give a chance to Castform also, but he was quite useless. In Victory Road I got a Gyarados to be my HM whore can carry Rock Smash, Surf, Strength and Waterfall.

The toughest parts in my opinion were the gyms, especially after the 3th badge (the hardest one for me was the 7th by far), some fights with Team Magma and Team Aqua, and Victory Road that was the most challenging part of the game I actually stopped playing the game so often because I thought I would never get through it but eventually made my way out. The Elite four is hard but I had more problems with some gyms than with that, the rare candies are a huge boost, maybe with double battles, it could be even more challenging.

Some tips for new players:
    - Get a Ralts and an Exeggcute both can be caught early in the game. Wobbufet was also crucial to me, very important to beat legendary pokemon from gym trainers, I needed 2 of them to beat the 7th gym.
    - Use Sweet Scent to catch Pokemons you want! This is mandatory if you don't want to lose your head trying to catch a specific pokemon with a 1% probability to appear.
    - Natures can be crucial, but good pokemons have very small percentages of showing off and to catch a good pokemon with a good nature might take hours, even with the sweet scent, so manage it that the way you prefer
    - Double battles are much harder than single ones, try to avoid them, most times it's possible to do that.
    - It is not possible to buy Thunder that would be very useful against water and fly pokemon especially because lots of times it is raining.
    - No Leech Seed, personally one of my favourite moves, but Giga Drain was updated to 80 of power instead of 60.
    - No Swords Dance or Iron Defense.
    - Use very carefully moves that put pkmns to sleep, poison, etc, because the opponents almost always have a Lum Berry, it is either that or leftovers.
    - Choose very wisely the pokemon you put in a fight because if you make one bad choice you compromise your entire battle, this was literally the difference between winning or losing most of the battles
    - Have fun

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2021
    hi, Im new to rom hacks and have no idea how to download this, can anyone tell me the steps I need to take to do it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2021
    I have been having issues with enemy Pokemon outspeeding when they should not be able to. It has bothered me a bit but I only noticed it was impossible when I Wassilis Swampert outpsped my entire team. I hava a lvl 97 Gardevoir on my Team. No lvl 77 Swampert even with max Speed Nature+IV's+EV's Should be able to outspeed my Gardevoir. I have checked your item's for it and it holds a Lum Berry so no speed increase through that either. The only way that is left for Swampert to outspeed is if it has Swift Swim which is an ability it should not have unless you specificly changed that.
    https://ibb.co/M84tNpZ
    [IMG="https://ibb.co/PCG8V52"]https://ibb.co/PCG8V52[/URL]
    https://ibb.co/0ydPwpp

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2021
    Here are the pictures illustrating this.

Attachments

• Pokemon Emerald Kaizo
      Screenshot (154).png
      169.7 KB · Views: 17
    • Pokemon Emerald Kaizo
      Screenshot (155).png
      169.3 KB · Views: 8
    • Pokemon Emerald Kaizo
      Screenshot (156).png
      152.5 KB · Views: 8
    • Pokemon Emerald Kaizo
      Screenshot (157).png
      110.4 KB · Views: 8
    • Pokemon Emerald Kaizo
      Screenshot (158).png
      407.7 KB · Views: 10
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2021
    Thanks do you know where I can find Muskip in Evergrande City? The patch of grass seems to only spawn the other two starters for me and the sea only spawns Blastoise, Feraligtr and Sharpedo.

Back