• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,172 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2021
    Guys I have been trying to look for a freaking larvtar to appear for 2 HOURS! I have tried sweet scenT pokemon I have tried the simple method nothing works Idk what to do

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Question: What tools did you use to manipulate the opponent's Pokemon's Nature and moveset??? Is it Hopeless Trainer Editor or is it Gen 3 Hacking Suite??? I do not know what they use...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Question: What tools did you use to manipulate the opponent's Pokemon's Nature and moveset??? Is it Hopeless Trainer Editor or is it Gen 3 Hacking Suite??? I do not know what they use...

To edit a Pokémon's natures, one would need an ASM routine by ... someone. You could also use that routine to give trianers EVs. As for custom movesets, you use Gen 3 Tools.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2021
    Hi, I'm new, and would love to play this Rom Hack. However, I don't know the password to download. Can anyone help me with that?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    I've compiled a wild list using AdvanceMap. I have yet to complete the game yet myself, so let me know if there's any areas I missed.

edit: Updated with the Pokemon for Mirage Island. This is the only place in the game where you can get Sableye AFAIK.

It won't let me open your file

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I've heard many things about this ROM hack. And after much thought, I will NEVER play this hack. I am firmly against the concept of making a game more difficult than it needs to be. I'm sure this hack is well thought out, but I'll never know for sure. Another ROM hack ruined any chance of me wanting to play difficult ROM hacks.

Please note- I'm not bashing any difficulty ROM hacks or anyone that enjoys them. I'm simply saying that I dont like difficult ROM hacks is all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I realized that this has new moves. how do we know what kind of movement if it doesn't have a physical and special split?
    it's an emerald hack so no physical special split and the creator has posted 3 files on the modified level up movesets

Years
    I've heard many things about this ROM hack. And after much thought, I will NEVER play this hack. I am firmly against the concept of making a game more difficult than it needs to be. I'm sure this hack is well thought out, but I'll never know for sure. Another ROM hack ruined any chance of me wanting to play difficult ROM hacks.

Please note- I'm not bashing any difficulty ROM hacks or anyone that enjoys them. I'm simply saying that I dont like difficult ROM hacks is all.

Ok and? Just because you hate difficult hacks, you don't have to rant about it in its pokecommunity page.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2021
    I was wondering if there was a way to know what what the AI's next attack would?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I was wondering if there was a way to know what what the AI's next attack would be?

It's something with Gen 3's AI. The AI damage calcs before choosing a move. It will usually pick whichever move will do the most damage to you. Usually a super−effective hit or a different move if it's a critical hit. If you're at low HP, the AI has a chance of using a random attacking move to "anticipate" switches. The AI uses status moves if it cannot 1 hit KO you if it has. The AI will use Counter/Mirror Coat if it senses that it will be useful. The AI usually uses explosion/hyper beam at below half HP.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi guys, newbie here.

Along with outspeeding issues, I have also had some major issues about the HM Waterfall: even if I DO have all 8 badges, it seems I still cannot use waterfall out of battle. I have my HM-slave Wailord not using the move even with me commanding it, standing under the cascade.

Am I so noob that I missed something important or is it a major bug?

Hereby I will share the screenshots

https://ibb.co/7ydw9rs
    https://ibb.co/kKhHTQ0
    https://ibb.co/YZkRBtr
    https://ibb.co/y5gGBfy
    https://ibb.co/7bqc2sX

p.s. I have used an emulator in order to run the game faster, and I once used cheats to catch Wailord. Maybe this is the reason behind this problem?

You have to be facing the waterfall and talk to it, like in regular gen 3

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Hello, i've recently launched myself in emerald kaizo and I must say it's a realy fun way to discover the 3rd generation as an adult.
    I have a quite specific question: I try stealing a thick club to wild cubones with "thief". But for the moment I can't find any. Cobone wasn't in the base game. Is it possible that those pokémons were "wrongly implemented" without their items implemented? Is it possible that it can't be generated or should I just keep farming?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    Hey I just ended the 5th GYM and got Surf. Now im guessing my version could be bugged... I dont know where to go, the only thing i can think of is in the 118 route, where you have to use the jumping bike to move on and it dont let me. Can someone tell me what to do pls? I have been mooving on the map for like 6 hours and I cant even spell properly

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hello, i've recently launched myself in emerald kaizo and I must say it's a realy fun way to discover the 3rd generation as an adult.
    I have a quite specific question: I try stealing a thick club to wild cubones with "thief". But for the moment I can't find any. Cobone wasn't in the base game. Is it possible that those pokémons were "wrongly implemented" without their items implemented? Is it possible that it can't be generated or should I just keep farming?

It's Cubone's/Marowak's rare item, so it's a 5% chance one would hold it, unless the creator changed that in this mod.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    You have to catch Pokémon to gamble on held items. Thief's move effect was changed in Emerald Kaizo. So the only way to acquire held items from wild Pokémon is to catch them. After you get the 5th badge, I believe you surf on Route 118 and trigger Steven's plot event.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    What is the effect of thief now?
    What do you mean by
    After you get the 5th badge, I believe you surf on Route 118 and trigger Steven's plot event.
    I can alreday encounter wild cubones.
    Is there other move I can use? Like implore.
    And is the talent Compoundeyes useful here?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2021
    Stevens juts triggered but he didnt told me anything but hope we can see again or something like that, i fairly think my file is just bugged... There is some way to load another one but with the data of this one, i would think twice if I have to restart the game have been almost 30 hours of gameplay...

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Thief's effect is set to the same as Pound's and Tackle's. And Covet is replaced with Hidden Power, I believe. Compound Eyes' trick only works in later generations, I think. I believe Steven is supposed to say that and you can fight the trainers on Routes 118 and 119.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Isn't there any move I can use to steal items? Do I have to catch pokémons to get their items?
    Why this game design choice?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Isn't there any move I can use to steal items? Do I have to catch pokémons to get their items?
    Not a chance in this game.
    Why this game design choice?
    For the same reasons why
    − you cannot skip almost every trainer in the game
    − most good pokémon have catch rates of 1, have roar/whirlwind, and/or have recoil moves
    − there are obnoxious puzzles in the game
    − you can't get thunderbolt until the postgame; thunder/solar beam/rain dance are not given to you at all
    − every trainer has either a lum berry or leftovers

They do this to make the game hard, but in an infuriating way. If thief was allowed, you could farm leftovers and lum berries from the opponents, putting you on an equal playing field as the AI.

Back