• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Kaizo

How Kaizo was this?

• Truly Kaizo

Votes: 1,171 71.9%
  • Fairly Challenging

Votes: 266 16.3%
  • Entertaining

Votes: 134 8.2%
  • Needs more Kaizo map edits

Votes: 66 4.1%
  • Unfair

Votes: 176 10.8%

• Total voters

Nightrey

Beginning Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2023
    I realized that this has new moves. how do we know what kind of movement if it doesn't have a physical and special split?

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2020
    The new moves still play by gen 3 rules

Special: Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, Dark.

Physical: Normal, Fighting, Poison, Ground, Flying, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Steel.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2020
    Hey i just downloaded the newest version of Visual Gameboy Advance.
    But the emulator doesnt seem to reconise the file ?
    Just isnt showing up when i click on load rom.
    Ive played this back in the day and then it worked, someone maybe got a fix ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Finished the game today! Had a lot of fun, coming from crystal kaizo it was definitely easier than I expected, but still truly kaizo in my opinion, especially compared to other gen 3 hacks.
    Final team was: Blaziken, Milotic, Dugtrio, Alakazam, Dragonite, Sceptile.

I'm almost done with the postgame, but still got some questions regarding the location of some pokémon. I have no idea where Ditto, Mewtwo, or Latios/Latias (Eon Ticket) are, I thought I had been pretty thorough but I must have missed something. Sableye seems to be on Mirage Island, any way to get there (without absurd luck)? Also, is Aerodactyl missable ? Since you can't go back to Cave of Origin after the Rayquaza event.

side note: some random pokémon have really dumb encouter rates. it took me hours to find taillow, meditite, and zubat.

Please please please tell me how you got a Feebas. Been trying for days

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    Finished the game, I think this is the hardest hack rom I've every played, not just for the enemies pokemon and tilting strategjes, but also for the puzzles and shit. HSF either you are a fucking genius or you are insane. This rom is a piece of art.

Just a question, I've managed to find all the tickets but the aurora is still missing, does anybody know where it is? Thank you good soul.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2020
    Hey guys! ^^ I need an information: how do you evolve Clamperl? I caught a lv. 65 one, and giving her both Deepseascale and Deepseatooth results in her evolving into a Huntail. I wanted a Gorebyss, but it doesn't seem to be possible, anyone happens to know why? There aren't any notes about this anywhere

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Hey there! :)
    I also started with Kaizo Emerald and I am very satisfied - the difficulty is very pleasant since I've played several other Kaizo Pokemon games already :D

For the moment I only have a few questions, since I'm in Mauville City currently:

1:) I wanted to grind a poison barb - I taught my Xatu TM 46 for Thief and tried it on countless Cacnea and Roselia, but it didn't work....did the Poison Barb get removed from them as hold Item? (5% usually doesn't take this long on a common Emerald Version)

2:) I've also tried my very first run some time ago and wasn't able to pass Flannery :/
    My strategy for now was grinding for a Ground or Water 'mon, can anybody recommend a good one? I tried to grind for Flareon in the area around Lavaridge Town, since the Pokedex located it there. I also wasn't able to find one, I planned to hatch an Eevee for an egg to get Vaporeon since it learns hydro pump before reaching Lv 50.
    Does anybody know how to get Flareon or another good coverage pokemon such like Trapinch, Staryu or Diglett to level them up for Flannery?

3:) Is there a something like a wild Pokemon encounter list? I love the surprise in Kaizo Version's, but without good preparation you're pretty fast f'cked in that version :S

4:) Where do I get a Harbor Mail to exchange it for the Coin Case?

Thanks in advance - the hack is really great! :P

Nidoking totally carried me through Flannery. The sunlight in her gym and literally every mon having solarbeam/ HP-Grass doesn't help pure waters/ ground/ rock type. The poison/grnd combo of the Nidos is very good in that aspect. You get all stones in Fallarbor. Also, King learns some beasty moves in megahorn and head smash so its really good in her gym

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Hey i just downloaded the newest version of Visual Gameboy Advance.
    But the emulator doesnt seem to reconise the file ?
    Just isnt showing up when i click on load rom.
    Ive played this back in the day and then it worked, someone maybe got a fix ?

Hey! I had the same issue. This was my first time playing a ROM Hack so I guess others can give a better reply.

1.) Download a regular Pokemon Emerald (U) ROM.
    2.) Download Lunar IPS
    3.) Download the hack file from Sinister Hooded Figure on this thread.
    4.) Link the ips file from SHF to the emarald ROM using lunar IPS.

That's what I did and it worked!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    Does anyone know who trades Articuno? I can't find the person who trades it

In Pacifidlog the house with the girl outside, an old man inside will trade articuno for a Sableye. Anyway I found the aurora ticket, it's in the altering cave on route 103. I completely forgot about that cave, it unlocks after becoming the champion as every other ticket event triggers when you enter in the Artisan Cave in battle frontier. The postgame pokemon can be found either in the artisan cave or in the cave of the fossil maniac in fallarbor, there you can also find the eon ticket if I recall.

If any of you has other useful (NON SPOILER) information, please share with us, thank you.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    NEW EMERALD KAIZO UPDATE!

Changes:
    - Fixed the New Legendary Pokémon Scripts. They now vanish after being defeated
    - Changed the title of the shared boss fight with Steven and the Tag Team Battle against Maxie
    - Some moveset changes, levels, and battle changes. Norman in particular is changed.
    - Fixed the softlock with a fisherman
    - Fixed a wall in Victory Road
    - Some early routes have improved encounter rates
    - Items have moved
    - And I brought a new visual Pokémon Emerald Kaizo Guide. This time with Deoxys. YouTube subscriptions do help me a lot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2020
    I got a speed boost torchic as a starter, but why did it get blaze when it evolved into combusken?

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    Has anyone captured a feebas? According to the Pokédex it is available on Route 115 more so towards the top half of it in I would assume the water via fishing based on the Pokédex showing the blinking circle for the "area". However I have tried with multiple rods for quite some time and have been unable to encounter it. Just seeing if anyone knows if it is there so I don't spend more time on it. Thanks.

I'm a big Milotic Fan as well! So you need to get a Super Rod from Mossdeep. Then go to the safari zone and head in the south-west (left - down) area of the safari zone and fish in the spots there. Milotic has a 4% chance and Feebas has a 1 % chance

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    NEW EMERALD KAIZO UPDATE!

Changes:
    - Fixed the New Legendary Pokémon Scripts. They now vanish after being defeated
    - Changed the title of the shared boss fight with Steven and the Tag Team Battle against Maxie
    - Some moveset changes, levels, and battle changes. Norman in particular is changed.
    - Fixed the softlock with a fisherman
    - Fixed a wall in Victory Road
    - Some early routes have improved encounter rates
    - Items have moved
    - And I brought a new visual Pokémon Emerald Kaizo Guide. This time with Deoxys. YouTube subscriptions do help me a lot.

Please add an update for obtaining heart scales pls! T_T

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2020
    What is the moveset for Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwraith? They aren't mentioned in the original document and I want to see if Poliwraith is viable for taking out Norman.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2020
    Hello!
    I'm really enjoying the game, just beat Maxie and saw Archie take over the submarine. I'm trying to continue and go to Lilycove but there are still two aqua grunts blocking the way in.
    I can fly into Lilycove as there are a few tiles of the city you can walk in before the grunts. I don't know if flying in is the only way into the city, or if I have missed something to do to get these grunts to move. I don't want to skip something important, can anyone advise? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2020
    Love this game so far - just beat the 5th gym!

Does anyone know when Wynaut evolves into Wobbuffet? Mine is lvl 43 but I've got nothing yet

Back