• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 7, 2016
Hey there mates. Kuddos on the project that his anwsome. how far goes the demo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 23, 2021
Will you guys be releasing anything new? like a new feature or screenshots or something? To keep the hype going?

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
Years
I just can't wait guys!! lmao, It's pretty awesome andthis is why i hate playing demos, betas... I want something c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e, your work guys is perfect, everything is just right in their places, much love to you guys, all the best.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
This project is awesome!
One thing I noticed, the settings menu glitches sometimes if you use your mouse on it

Years
I've been playing the demo for about 30 minutes now and it's so well-made to the point of ridicule. The characters are cool, great animations, interesting Pokémon and as a musician I absolutely love the music. This could easily have been Pokémon Black/White 2 and most people would probably have liked it better than those games. It's very professional.

The only issue I have with it is that it seems to run kind of sluggish.

Years
Hi.

I downloaded the demo, but I'm using Ubuntu 15.04 and I tried to use Wine (Windows emulator thing) to play the demo, but I can't make it work. Some other pokemon fan games made with rpg maker xp (like Pokemon Island) do work like this on my computer, but Ethereal Gates doesn't. Do you have any solution to the problem?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Some thing I think should be added is when you view your pokemon you can see their level. The reason is that it is a little time consuming looking through the summary for all of them to see.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
Some thing I think should be added is when you view your pokemon you can see their level. The reason is that it is a little time consuming looking through the summary for all of them to see.
sorry my font went all weird

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years

Speaking of fonts, the reason you can't see the level is because you didn't download all the fonts from the included fonts folder. In-battle, it should look like this:

screen15.jpg

And in-party it should look like this
PEGdemo_218.GIF
(courtesy of Phoenix)

With the levels there and everything!

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Ok, I've been looking everywhere to see how many gyms this demo has, but you don't even have it in ur faq! Answer, please?

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
Years
Ok, I've been looking everywhere to see how many gyms this demo has, but you don't even have it in ur faq! Answer, please?

Hi Absolumont, the demo currently has 2 gyms! You can play up to the second one as far as I know, unless they've released a new update but I highly doubt so because the developers said that the next release would be the full game :)

Absolumont

Obsessive Clothes Shopper
Years
Hi Absolumont, the demo currently has 2 gyms! You can play up to the second one as far as I know, unless they've released a new update but I highly doubt so because the developers said that the next release would be the full game :)

Whooaaaa, next up'll be the full game!? Oh man, I can't wait to continue this cute Wedlocke up to the League! I never thought I would ship a Psychic Wolf and a Mosquito Bug...

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I'm trying to run the game on Windows 10, but I get the following error message:

Script 'SpriteWindow' line 237: RuntimeError occurred

filename is nil
Any ideas? I haven't touched the game folder and re-downloading the game hasn't helped.

Back