• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

Feraldonny

Lover, Rocker, Crazy Guy
Years
  • That first gym sucked, I had to grind to level 20 just to not get one shot by every pokemon that lady had other then the hunber. Please dont tell me that i have to spend another 2 hours grinding for the next gym.

The 2nd gym is way more manageable than the first, decided to grind 6 of my pokemon to lvl 20 for it, but eventually only needed 3. (Used Arsoline, Hippotus and Hunber.)
    Tips: Used Hippotus for Yawn, used Hunber to confuse (teeter dance) and paralyze (Lick ALL the enemies!) and Arsoline for fire sweeping.
    Be cautious though, the gym leader has a... surprise pokemon not in his ''category''.

Not sure what team you have though, but shouldn't be ''That'' bad. (Still a harder challenge than Gary in Pokemon red :P)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im not sure where to post this but I thought it would be interesting if Hunber evolved via having Polbee in the party and leveling up

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    To whom it may concern,

Both of your zip folders doesn't want to expand. It gives me error code (error 2 in archive utility and error 17537 using stufflt expander) that says that the archive is damaged. I really want to play this game so can you please help me by sending me a copy of the game in both versions or direct me to them properly or just fix the issue.

Please reply me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2023
    By the Way, there is a message popping every time SandStorm Buffeted my pokemon in the Second GYM battle. And is suposed to Last all the fight or only 5 turns? Because it lasted all the turns in all the fights i did vs him.

It's not Sandstorm, it's Pollinate.

Years
  • I've only had time to play up to the second route and I only have a few peeves I wanna point out.
    The battles feel off. It all feels off center, especially when attacking. The user's health/name/info/stuff is way too high up. It just feels wrong where it is and it also covers the opponent's Pokémon. I think that that should be where the player's party pokéball icons are and the pokéballs immediately above the Pokémon info. Though, that's mainly just me though.
    The movement overworld is just a tiny bit too slow for my tastes, but that's just me. Though, this may not be so bad if the towns weren't so big (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

There are a lot of things that I like. The designs of the Pokémon are mostly really nice, the art is beautiful and it does feel like Pokémon writing. But these other thing i think just need to be pointed out. Overall, I've had a lot of fun.

Years
  • Well, so far I enjoy this Demo IMMENSLY! The only gripes I have at all are the slowdowns in the overworld, which I COMPLETELY understand why. And while it's not a gripe, I can definitely tell that the pokedex entries were not writen by someone at Game Freak. XD My favorite being the one from the Poison and Bug type (who's name escapes me right now) where it's how Preditors are scared that it's poison is deadly so they leave it alone, but it's not a deadly poison at all. XD Cause that's how nature acts. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I understand that this demo was released less than 1 week ago, but I already can't wait for the next version to release! Just defeated the 2nd gym leader and I'm loving this game! So many type variety and it's hard to make a team because of the great selections! Cannot wait for the next update! Is there any idea as to when the next update will be here for us to enjoy?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2019
    This game is so addicting, I finished the demo three times (tried all 3 starters). Just want to know when the next update be?

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    I created an account here just because of this game. I love it! It's awesome!
    The music is beautiful
    The atmosphere is amazing
    The pokemon are cute af
    The characters are cool (the female rival's personality is a breath of fresh air compared to all the bimbo ones from GF games!!!)
    The progression seems great so far
    All in all this region is beautiful!

There are some things I would like to say though (don't know if you're looking for feedback of not?) - I've just gotten done with the library (excellent music and sound effects btw - very creepy!) and I have to say the encounter rate in the library is way too high, considering you have to run around it a lot to complete the mission, and the player doesn't have enough money to pay for a decent amount of repels. Also, for the amount of running around that was necessary, as well as from the interactions with the ghost man, I thought there would be a more epic pay off than what we did get. I think the evil team with a cool legendary would have been more epic, with more dungeon levels too (was sad to leave that creepy place so soon. So epic).

I am loving this game so far <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Wow, the art style for this game is really something. Just got my Pokemon in-game so we'll see what happens.

Definitely gonna like testing these demos. Keep up the good work.

Edit: Moving cosmetic bugs/other bugs to a pastebin: https://pastebin.com/fmDSmQXd will continually edit as I find stuff.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Enjoying this so far. Only real issue is that it's quite laggy overall....but then that's to be expected.

I like the Pokemon designs overall too, I think the standouts for me though are the Bubull line (all the starters are cool though), Mosten (and it's evo), Jinkai and Ambloot.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2016
    The second gym is ridiculous! Quite annoying to navigate and a ridiculously OP pokemon for only the second gym??? It wiped out my entire team, all of which were over leveled, three of which had an advantage... I know Whitney was a pain in the ass but she was the 3rd gym, and none of her pokemon were over lvl 19 (plus she only had 2).

Is the game designed to be more of a challenge than the official games?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    Hi I need help, I can't enlarge the screen when I open the game. What do I do??? :(

You can't, there's no option in the options menu for it. There's no way to turn off the music either besides using the Windows Mixer and turning it down.

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • AMAZING GAME!!! BUUUUUUT the first gym is a little too hard for a FIRST gym, don't you think so? -_-

got ya, thank you!

THIS, CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS?

Its been posted 4 other times just to be ignored, i would like to know if its meant to be played with a mere fraction of my screen size or if theres some way to maximize the screen resolution like the youtubers.

Hey guys, as of now, we can't increas the screen resolution for the game. I've asked as well. We just have to bear with this for now. Hopefully the team will look into this matter! :)

Just a quick message, not a whole review of the demo. For those who, like me, have a hard time with the first Gym (like, the second pokemon is OS-ing your full team with Stomp) :

Catch a Polbee, and level it up. At some point, it'll learn Gust, speeding up the grind in the forest area full of bug and grass pokemon considerably. Then, at level ~15, it'll learn stun spore. With the high-speed of Polbee, you're almost guarantee to strike first and paralyze your foe. All you have to do from there's is to haxx them to death and load your file if it doesn't work.

Cheers. Her third pokemon is a Hunbear. It's a joke compared to what you got through with the two first.

Oh my god hahaha, I've been training my pokemon and I've been trying to beat the FIRST gym for the 5th time now!

My team consists of:
    1. Avinch - Lvl 13
    2. Arsoline - Lvl 16
    3. Shiny Volpant - Lvl 16

Last edited by a moderator:

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/616323873496268801/lVNclZWJ.jpg

HEY GUYS! :) I've been playing the game for the whole day now and I have to say it's pretty amazing. The team has done an INCREDIBLE job developing the demo. It's a DEMO. And it's this good. Imagine how much better the final product will be! I absolutely love this game and I'm going to tell you guys what I feel about it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Team:
    1) Arsoline - Lvl 17
    2) Volpant (Shiny) - Lvl 16
    3) Avinch - Lvl 13
    4) Mosachuset - Lvl 13
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Well to start things off, come on, they literally made something out of nothing. It's almost as if it's an actual Pokémon game. The maps are well made and the music, oh boy did I enjoy the background music. Especially when the country version of the Pokémon gym theme song was playing in the first gym (which was unnecessarily tough btw, I'll get to that later)

2) Fakemon. The fakemon are absolutely brilliant and well designed. I have to say my favourites are Fernling and Kittorch! And I'll promise you'll fall in love even more when these 2 starter Pokémon evolve. Their sprites are majestic. Overall, I personally think that the fakemon in the game are well designed and I absolutely can't wait for the other fakemon that will be coming when the final version arrives!!

3) Let's talk about the interface shall we? First thing's first. The custom made menu is SICK! I definitely love it. It definitely gives a unique feel to it. It's pretty easy to use as well. I'm sure many people will love the new unique menu in this game.

4) Gyms. Well I couldn't make it to the second gym (I'll elaborate later) but the first gym, well it was alright. I felt like the process of getting the fences and doors to move around took a little too long? It was kinda draggy. And if you lost against the gym leader, you'd have to go through the process all over again. So I think that's something the team should look into, it's not a must but please do consider it. This brings me to my next point: THE GYM LEADER. My god was the first gym leader Regina a pain in the ass. Some may find the other trainers in the gym tough but wait until you get to their leader. I honestly feel (and I'm aware that many others do too) that the first gym, in general, it's a little or way too tough to be a FIRST gym. Maybe you guys are going in a different direction (which is TOTALLY FINE), making this game a little harder than other games but please do consider looking into the level of difficulty of earlier gyms?

5) There are some issues in terms of the system itself but hey, it IS a demo. When I was in the Auklet Lighthouse, the game suddenly crashed. I have to say I was a little sad because I knew that it'd be impossible for me to move on with the game :( But hey it's alright, again it IS a demo. So please look into that! Because I'm sure it happened to many others too.

Well guys, that's about all I can say about the game as of now. I know, I repeat, I KNOW that this game is going to be AMAZING and I am absolutely looking forward to playing the full version. If you haven't tried the demo, I strongly suggest you do. What are you waiting for?!? GO NOW :)

In conclusion, I hope that the team takes time to read my post because I have raised a few important points that they can take to further improve this already beautiful and amazing demo. Rest assured, when the final version comes out, I'll be there!!!

P.S if the team needs help in any area of the game, I'm free to help!!

Thank you so much!
    Azli :pink_nod:

Last edited:
    Back