• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Ethereal Gates

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Fernling, The Hatchling Pokemon (Grass/Flying)

Votes: 830 41.2%
  • Kittorch, The Kitten Pokemon (Fire)

Votes: 816 40.5%
  • Bubull, The Hippo Pokemon (Water)

Votes: 370 18.4%

• Total voters

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
  • ^^ I'd love to interject that it IS possible to move past the lighthouse so long as you don't pick up the Pokéball containing the paralyze heal on the 3rd floor. It's a known bug that will be removed in future releases, but don't let it stop you from continuing your journey!!

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • ^^ I'd love to interject that it IS possible to move past the lighthouse so long as you don't pick up the Pokéball containing the paralyze heal on the 3rd floor. It's a known bug that will be removed in future releases, but don't let it stop you from continuing your journey!!

Hello! Thank you for replying! The things is, I didn't pick the Pokéball up but I'll try again tomorrow! I hope you've read the whole post that I uploaded. The game's amazing so far and do know that I'm here to help and I am looking forward to the full version man!! Thank you so much for the most beautiful Pokemon game yet :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2016
    Hello, first message on Pokecommunity, I'm really impressed by the quality of this demo, I loved every minute I played this game : nice new pokemons, interesting plot + characters, the places are interesting too ...
    I even liked the difficult gym leaders, it brought more challenge to the game, way more than the last pokémon versions (ROSA / XY) because there is no Multi Exp overpowered :)
    -I didn't read all the comments, I'll just report few bugs : the pollinate move, you can walk on water on road 3 if you walk from a precise spot, some pokemon images aren't complete (Peludilar or Shiny Albaloo for exemple). I don't know if it's a bug but the localisation function in the pokedex doesn't work ( I guess it's still in development)
    -Some suggestions : to be able to read pokemon's HP while fighting, to see the levels of your team in the pokemon menu, ...

Still an amazing game, absolutely worth the time passed on it :) My team is Polbee 17, Hunber 17, Volpant 17, Jinkai 18, Eearr 18 and Avinch 18, I beat the second gym leader with strategy :)

I will follow the progress with real attention ! Keep working well :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Hey can someone help me out with this demo. Each time i go to play it i get a screen that is small, i can not make it bigger or anything. i hope it can be changed id really want to play it. also when ive tried to play it the game is lagging. the scene plays then it stops kind of like its buffering. i watch aDrive and his does not do that. i use 7-zip to download it. i tried it with winzip to and same thing

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • Hey can someone help me out with this demo. Each time i go to play it i get a screen that is small, i can not make it bigger or anything. i hope it can be changed id really want to play it. also when ive tried to play it the game is lagging. the scene plays then it stops kind of like its buffering. i watch aDrive and his does not do that. i use 7-zip to download it. i tried it with winzip to and same thing
    Hi! Many have asked about the screen resolution for the game, including me. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about the size of the game itself. We'll just have to bear with it for a while until the full version comes out hopefully with available options to maximize the size of the game. Lagging wise, it is a demo after all and it is indeed still being developed so it's the best quality that we have right now! I personally enjoyed the game and am alright with the speed of the game. Hope this helped!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    Hi! Many have asked about the screen resolution for the game, including me. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about the size of the game itself. We'll just have to bear with it for a while until the full version comes out hopefully with available options to maximize the size of the game. Lagging wise, it is a demo after all and it is indeed still being developed so it's the best quality that we have right now! I personally enjoyed the game and am alright with the speed of the game. Hope this helped!

Yeah this helps. i just wasnt sure if it was my game or computer i have. thanks hopefully they fix the screen size idk why but i have a problem with small screens lol.

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • How do you full screen the game on Windows 10????
    Hi man! Unfortunately we can't increase the size of the game's screen right now. Many, including me have tried asking and finding ways to do so but the current demo doesn't allow us to do so. Hopefully the team will look into this, which I'm sure they will, and that the final version will allow us to play with a bigger screen resolution:) hope this helped! Enjoy the game!!

Yeah this helps. i just wasnt sure if it was my game or computer i have. thanks hopefully they fix the screen size idk why but i have a problem with small screens lol.
    It might be how good your computer is too. But don't worry, hopefully it'll get better in time! And yes, I did take some time getting used to the small screen, but the gameplay itself made up for the small issue hehe. Enjoy the game! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2015
    Free. Pokemon has been trademarked as Nitendo's propriety, anyone tries to sell or even ask for funds (Kickstarter, donations for the project, etc) without their authorization and chances are your game is going to get a Cease&Desist order sooner or later. If you do not comply within a certain amount of time, they will take legal action against you... needless to say you would be screwed then.
    Ok thanks. ;)

Shadow_Link

OP ORAS Master
    Years
  • WOWOWOWOWOWOW. THIS IS THE GAME THAT I WAS LOOKING FOR MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Anyways, this looks utterly fantastamazing. Yes. That's a word. If you need any help, I can try to help you out. Continue working on this!!!

~Shadow

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2015
    This looks so cool! Now, I bet I sound really ignorant right now, but is there a way to transfer everything into a GBA rom format? I really like the format for those and would love to see it there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    There needs to be a better way to grind before the first gym leader. This does not make for an entertaining game, even though I love everything else about it. Is there a different area besides the forest to grind at least?

azlirzli

Lee of Leneka
    Years
  • There needs to be a better way to grind before the first gym leader. This does not make for an entertaining game, even though I love everything else about it. Is there a different area besides the forest to grind at least?
    I absolutely agree with you dude! There is way more ample opportunities and space for us to grind/train before the second gym but not the first! Overall don't you agree that the gyms are a little too tough? Although it is possible to beat them; with ample training and well-planned strategies of course. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    Hi, I was just wondering if your planning on adding the Pokemon following feature?

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • I love the region, I love the design. I like the characters. I like the graphics. This is probably the best fan made Pokemon game of all-time.
    That said, I really hate the Fakemon in this game. They all look horrible to me. I'll probably still play it, though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2023
    I absolutely agree with you dude! There is way more ample opportunities and space for us to grind/train before the second gym but not the first! Overall don't you agree that the gyms are a little too tough? Although it is possible to beat them; with ample training and well-planned strategies of course. :)

I agree wholeheartedly, I've been playing on and off for 3 days and still am unable to beat the first gym.

Edit: For now, I think I'm going to stop playing this and come back to it later. Balance changes still need to be made to the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I love the region, I love the design. I like the characters. I like the graphics. This is probably the best fan made Pokemon game of all-time.
    That said, I really hate the Fakemon in this game. They all look horrible to me. I'll probably still play it, though.

They worked hard to make original Pokemon for this over 200 of them, which is really hard to do with over 700 official ones now for one. So you could maybe just maybe be a little less rude/ more constructive criticism on the appearances? Ideas to improve, what you find unattractive, things like that.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
  • They worked hard to make original Pokemon for this over 200 of them, which is really hard to do with over 700 official ones now for one. So you could maybe just maybe be a little less rude/ more constructive criticism on the appearances? Ideas to improve, what you find unattractive, things like that.

I understand what you mean, maybe I shouldn't be so harsh. I was just saying how I feel about it; just my opinion. I know it's not easy to make Fakemon, and it seems like most people are okay with them, so they really don't have to change anything up.
    Regardless, it's a great game from what I've seen on a couple of LPs.

Back