• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon: Everlasting Orchard (Dating/Farming sim Pokemon game)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Yay, the hud is showing numbers again(before it was stuck on just showing 0 for the date, will have to see if it works for next season as well). The egg hatcher is where it's supposed to be, haven't hatched an egg yet so can't tell you if its bugged or not( just got fist egg placed inside-kept accidentally take the eggs out of the daycare before they'd be fertilized). Is the addition of a certain characters part time job permanent? Was surprised to see him at night(is that is only shift?) and at first thought it was a weird glitch until he spoke. Runs slower now but that isn't really bad.

Anyway keep up the great!

( been playing in between bouts of Littlewood-a game much like stardew with more busy work/goals but the characters seem less developed)

Years
  • Yay, the hud is showing numbers again(before it was stuck on just showing 0 for the date, will have to see if it works for next season as well). The egg hatcher is where it's supposed to be, haven't hatched an egg yet so can't tell you if its bugged or not( just got fist egg placed inside-kept accidentally take the eggs out of the daycare before they'd be fertilized). Is the addition of a certain characters part time job permanent? Was surprised to see him at night(is that is only shift?) and at first thought it was a weird glitch until he spoke. Runs slower now but that isn't really bad.

Anyway keep up the great!

( been playing in between bouts of Littlewood-a game much like stardew with more busy work/goals but the characters seem less developed)
    If you're talking about Ollie, then yes. She's going to be there once a day almost every day for the rest of the game. Also thanks!

Littlewood looks interesting. I'll probably get it during a sale.

This is an awesome concept! Please continue working on this game.
    Thank you! I had to pause for a little bit because the second dose was making me sick, but I was able to work on the game a bit again.

Speaking of which, I added two holidays, (that you can read about here) three trader NPCs that are based on some cut NPCs from Gen 1, (all in the Nemorensis mall) and flowers will appear during spring... And won't go away. I did almost all of this when I was sick so I'm sure there are more things I forgot to do. More details will be on the first post

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Actually it was our favorite rival, I I've seen him around town at different times as well so I know the answer to some of the previous questions and can guess at the rest. Take all the time you need, creating a game must be hard especially with how quickly you address bugs and glitches we find. Its great but don't burn yourself out trying to get things out fast. Get lots of rest and thanks for the hard work :)

Years
  • Actually it was our favorite rival, I I've seen him around town at different times as well so I know the answer to some of the previous questions and can guess at the rest. Take all the time you need, creating a game must be hard especially with how quickly you address bugs and glitches we find. Its great but don't burn yourself out trying to get things out fast. Get lots of rest and thanks for the hard work :)

That shouldn't be happening since the event that turns Pierce's roaming on is beyond what a normal player can get to. Thanks for telling me that. I should have it fixed now. (Though you have to leave your room for the fix.)

And thank you! I feel better now. My husband had migraines for three weeks straight so I guess I got lucky with only one week? I probably won't be able to update as fast since we can actually do things now. (Though I'm probably going to get too paranoid to do much for a while anyway.)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    So far haven't run into any more bugs. And the pierce thing is fixed. Right now though I'm wishing for some kind of busy task. The mining minigame helps alot,(and the card game to a certain degree) but a task that fills up time would be nice.( Don't want tp over level my pokemon and the farming tasks don't really take up time like in Stardew). if you can't figure something out that's okay since it seems like it'd be something tough to add into a pokemon base game.

About the quests, do you need help brainstorming some? The way the board is set up now implies multiple types of quests per person. If you are doing multiple quests you can hash out a few random quests for each character like needed a type of item( ie potions, evolution stones,specific berries-ties into the stardew theme since the townspeople would request specific crops- and maybe even some of the gift items you can buy from the mart) while still working on relevant quests based on a characters personality and storyline.

Although I don't think I've mentioned it before but in every playthrough I've tried during the event at the park after a meeting in Tellus(?) a certain character experiences a wandering face partly though it( his eyebrows and mouth decide to float off next to his body)

Have you tried any mods for stardew? I've tried quite a few just to see how it'd change things up(usually adding characters or farm animals/crops). If you have what's your favorite? They do have pokemon mods-mostly just reskinning you pet and maybe the farm animals- that might help inspire you if you are having trouble( kinda the reverse of what your doing since you're adding stardew element to pokemon instead of pokemon elements to stardew)

Anyway relax and enjoy yourself sometimes creativity suffers when you put on the stress and I can't imagine the weight of expectations making an unique game like you are would have.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    whenever i try challenging the second gym leader who is chilling on his roof, he dissapears as soon as i walk up the stairs, and im just stuck there, but aside from that i adore the game

Years
  • whenever i try challenging the second gym leader who is chilling on his roof, he dissapears as soon as i walk up the stairs, and im just stuck there, but aside from that i adore the game
    That should be fixed now. SHOULD. (It was fixed before but I think it reverted back or... Something. I dunno.)

So far haven't run into any more bugs. And the pierce thing is fixed. Right now though I'm wishing for some kind of busy task. The mining minigame helps alot,(and the card game to a certain degree) but a task that fills up time would be nice.( Don't want tp over level my pokemon and the farming tasks don't really take up time like in Stardew). if you can't figure something out that's okay since it seems like it'd be something tough to add into a pokemon base game.
    Have you tried the cave? I just decided to let the player go down to level 40 since I also realized that this next big build would have to go down to 100, not 50. (I decided to do down to 40 because there's an elevator there and level 50 contains an item that won't have any use yet.)

About the quests, do you need help brainstorming some? The way the board is set up now implies multiple types of quests per person. If you are doing multiple quests you can hash out a few random quests for each character like needed a type of item( ie potions, evolution stones,specific berries-ties into the stardew theme since the townspeople would request specific crops- and maybe even some of the gift items you can buy from the mart) while still working on relevant quests based on a characters personality and storyline.
    Nope, Kiana's quest is locked behind eight badges. I liked the other suggestions you had for the place holder quests but they'd probably make their character's stories inconsistent or redundant.

Although I don't think I've mentioned it before but in every playthrough I've tried during the event at the park after a meeting in Tellus(?) a certain character experiences a wandering face partly though it( his eyebrows and mouth decide to float off next to his body)
    I've had problems with his face for a while... That sounds rude out of context. I think I fixed it but I forgot to do so before I uploaded the game with the deeper cave and the *hopefully fixed* Vangelis.

Have you tried any mods for stardew? I've tried quite a few just to see how it'd change things up(usually adding characters or farm animals/crops). If you have what's your favorite? They do have pokemon mods-mostly just reskinning you pet and maybe the farm animals- that might help inspire you if you are having trouble( kinda the reverse of what your doing since you're adding stardew element to pokemon instead of pokemon elements to stardew)
    I haven't played any of them since my husband got the PS4 version before the Steam version was on sale so I just played that until I started making this game. I did watch a lot of DangerouslyFunny's videos though.

Anyway relax and enjoy yourself sometimes creativity suffers when you put on the stress and I can't imagine the weight of expectations making an unique game like you are would have.

I Downloaded This Game and man do i not regret it.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thank you!
    Something did happen but it's not a huge deal, this isn't the place to talk about it and it's not really my thing to talk about. Everybody's doing fine at least.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Yeah the cave is good although it'd be nice to see what floor we're on( the elevator helps but until you hit it is easy to lose track of how far down you are) The
    gradual leveling up of the pokemon is great, although the random lvl 35 arbok on a floor where the next highest lvl was 25 caused a bit of trouble. Decided that I'd just take turns switching in3/4 the the team to level up random pokemon.

Years
  • Yeah the cave is good although it'd be nice to see what floor we're on( the elevator helps but until you hit it is easy to lose track of how far down you are) The
    gradual leveling up of the pokemon is great, although the random lvl 35 arbok on a floor where the next highest lvl was 25 caused a bit of trouble. Decided that I'd just take turns switching in3/4 the the team to level up random pokemon.

I adjusted the cave a bit and made sure that the floor number will pop up when entered. I didn't do anything to the Pokemon yet because if I do it within the debug menu it'll take forever, but if I edit the .txt file directly I might not be able to enter the game for some reason. I'll adjust the levels whenever I have a good chunk of time and no ideas for the next big build of the game.

Don't download the new update if you're currently in the cave though. Leave the cave first, save and then download.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Thank you and I don't really mind the levels since I managed to get away( was unprepared for such a high level poison type) since it mostly follow the expected level ranges. Keep up the good work :)

Years
  • Thank you and I don't really mind the levels since I managed to get away( was unprepared for such a high level poison type) since it mostly follow the expected level ranges. Keep up the good work :)

I wanted to do it anyway since after floor 50 the levels of the Pokemon are all the same anyway. And I'm doing it again partially because I think it gets way too high towards the end before the level reset... And partially because I don't have any ideas right now story-wise.
    So it'll start from level 2 and then go up one level each floor. (And maybe by level 40 it'll go up by 2 or something I dunno yet.)

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Can't wait to check out the newest updates, sadly don't have a choice needed to reset my pc to factory settings and the rar reader/downloader I was using doesn't recognize my computer as viable so I'm trying to find a new program to use instead.( was using 9zip)

Years
  • I updated the game. You can read more about it and download it on the first post:

MISC:
    -I moved around Ine, Ludavine and Alan for their night time schedule to make room for an event. They're all still in the bar. (Alan and Ludavine don't even leave the booth.) This was actually done a while ago, but just this alone didn't justify a new post I don't think.
    -Added a man that will sell you a "special" Pikachu or Eevee. He'll be relevant during one of the events.

Code:
    -I fixed the Pidgey glitch that nobody bothered telling me about even though you couldn't start the game.
    -The third DYKG "lost" Pokedex video is up so I added some actual entries again. Though I couldn't do a whole lot since this was the one that had fossil, manmade, legendary and unnaturally made Pokemon (like Grimer) and not a whole lot of the BETA Pokemon I added fit any of those.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Was able to download something to open rars, and slowly getting back to where I was in game(going slower since my computer decided to constantly hold the left arrow down so I had to disable it, but as it is necessary for the game been playing with the virtual keyboard...which really slows things down...a lot.)

Years
  • Was able to download something to open rars, and slowly getting back to where I was in game(going slower since my computer decided to constantly hold the left arrow down so I had to disable it, but as it is necessary for the game been playing with the virtual keyboard...which really slows things down...a lot.)

Why are you playing with a virtual keyboard, if I may ask? If that's not going to work you might just have to switch to the default keys.

There's a new build uploading right now, by the way. I was finally able to come up with an actual request for Alderic.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Sorry haven't been on lately due to life complications. I don't understand what you mean about switching keys. My actual keyboard's arrow key constantly causes things to move left, menus words typed etc so I disabled it completely. For pokemon games movement is usually through the arrow keys with some allowing WASD movement. Since my left arrow key is disabled, my character can't move left at all unless I use the virtual keyboard, a program that allows you to use your mouse , or finger if you have a touchscreen computer, to click on the arrows keys. Being able to move in all four directions is necessary for game play and using the virtual keyboard really slows down playing because you can't use a combination and for every turn or change in direction you need to click the buttons which is much slower than just hitting a keyboard key. If I leave the left arrow key functioning I'd be stuck constantly going left. ( are you talking about assigning another key as the left arrow key? I tried it but number pad keys can't be changed, and to switch keys back and forth needs to reset the computer for each singular change and most of the other regular keys are important every day to and need to be functional) Anyway, I had managed to get back to my old progress but then had the misfortune of needing to factory reset my computer and so progress went back to zero-currently only got far enough to get my starter again. I did notice through both of those play throughs that 2/1 on the calendar appears as the wrong date which causes the event to not occur ( I don't know if it's fixed with your newest update yet, since I haven't had that much time pass in game yet). Really sorry about not replying before now, but a lot has happened this last year and haven't had much free time to play.

Years
  • Sorry haven't been on lately due to life complications.
    Tell me about it. Every time I think that something is done or I'm starting to feel up to doing things again, another thing happens. (I did update the game, but it's mostly just graphics as far as what the player can see.)
    I don't understand what you mean about switching keys. My actual keyboard's arrow key constantly causes things to move left, menus words typed etc so I disabled it completely. For pokemon games movement is usually through the arrow keys with some allowing WASD movement. Since my left arrow key is disabled, my character can't move left at all unless I use the virtual keyboard, a program that allows you to use your mouse , or finger if you have a touchscreen computer, to click on the arrows keys. Being able to move in all four directions is necessary for game play and using the virtual keyboard really slows down playing because you can't use a combination and for every turn or change in direction you need to click the buttons which is much slower than just hitting a keyboard key. If I leave the left arrow key functioning I'd be stuck constantly going left. ( are you talking about assigning another key as the left arrow key? I tried it but number pad keys can't be changed, and to switch keys back and forth needs to reset the computer for each singular change and most of the other regular keys are important every day to and need to be functional) Anyway, I had managed to get back to my old progress but then had the misfortune of needing to factory reset my computer and so progress went back to zero-currently only got far enough to get my starter again. I did notice through both of those play throughs that 2/1 on the calendar appears as the wrong date which causes the event to not occur ( I don't know if it's fixed with your newest update yet, since I haven't had that much time pass in game yet). Really sorry about not replying before now, but a lot has happened this last year and haven't had much free time to play.

Okay, I think I understand what you're saying now. You should probably get your keyboard checked out. If this is just an RPG Maker thing you can ask the RPG Maker XP Steam page. If it happens all the time I wouldn't know how to fix it. My solution to my messed up keyboard is to get a USB keyboard lol.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Well sadly my whole computer isn't working currently, it is pretty old though(for a computer) so I'm unable to play at all. I'm using my phone for everything right now, since I do not have enough extra money to buy a new one anytime soon.

And understandable life always gets in the way. Just take it easy, there are plenty of fan games that have taken much longer to complete for much less than what you have done already. What you have so far is still a massive undertaking that you should be proud of. There's plenty of things unrelated to the story for people to do. Despite all the times I've restarted, and will restart in the future considering pc is down, it's always enjoyable to play...and tempts me to do other things I didn't do in the previous plays(your game, even incomplete is great for replayability).

Heck, you could even use the upcoming rune factory 5 for inspiration too if you get bogged down.

Back