• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    um the game is kinda on hold for a short while, sorry, though dont take this like Im giving up, Im just busy with the end of school and stuff, and I feel that everyone gets bored of their game-making sometimes and just looses the spark, and isntead of feeling bad and forcing myself to work on it, I choose to just let it die down for a while and get excited with other stuff, that way when I come back to this I have the spark and inspiration back and I work a lot faster and better! so, sorry...but dont start thinking Im gonna give up!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I'm a little disappointed, but, I'm glad that you've found excitment in other things. Have fun, Kyledove!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Don't worry about it Kyle. You've already done A LOT for the public already. Your sprites will always be the best!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    You should release a demo to tide people over until you return to working on this. Give people reason to come back later, and remember this game as memorable

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    See youre already talking like its dead *Cries*
    what I meant was like that after a few weeks Id go back to working on this.
    Lately Ive been working on my site (its about harvest moon) and sice the new harvest moon game Is coming out in japan soon and Im importing I will be a tad busy, sorry

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
    Years
  • Hay kyledove what exactly do you do in this game i know you take pics of pokemon but can you battle or anything or buy bigger camps

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Good luck with the website Kyledove, and Im sure everyone would rater the game to be put on hold and finished later on when you get the 'spark' for it again, than for it to be rushed. Game Making is supposed to be fun and not a chore so it would be stupid forcing yourself to work on something which you don't enjoy doing.
    Good luck with this game in the future!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Breakout said:
    Good luck with the website Kyledove, and Im sure everyone would rater the game to be put on hold and finished later on when you get the 'spark' for it again, than for it to be rushed. Game Making is supposed to be fun and not a chore so it would be stupid forcing yourself to work on something which you don't enjoy doing.
    Good luck with this game in the future!
    Agreed. I'd rather see the game when you've put all your effort into it rather than you doing it because you feel forced into it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks for understanding so well, Im sure some of you must feel like this sometimes too!

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I hope you do pick up ur project soon. It is extremeley good. Amazing infact. The graphics the style everything truly amazing. Wow!!!

- Lone eevee

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
  • Ive got a few ideas for when you start working on this again. How about having areas from the original pokemon games unlockable as bonus missions? Also, you could do a certain amount of missions in each area then have a bonus stage where you hide in the bushes and observe legendary pokemon? You could also have Mountain, Volcano, Cave and Route (pokemon in human inhabited areas could behave differently and you need to investigate?) missions. I think this is brilliant and the overworld sprites are class! I hope you continue this sometime in the future.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Those are great Ideas! I love them ^^; Ill try to incorporate most of them but if they dont make it sorry in advance =\ I love that XD

Tanka EX

Spriteball.
    Years
  • Dont worry, i like to give ideas to people as i cant figure out how to make my own games. i think this is the best game on PC. If you need any help im good at spriting. How about adding a few more human characters though? Its mostly just the main character and some pokemon. Talking to people could be an oppertunity to reveal some storyline. Also if you need ideas for new pokemon ive got a few.

Breakout

sugar free
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Uk.
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    I dunno, Kyledove said he wanted a break and would come back to it when he was ready.
    I really liked this game though, I hope he decides to work on it again soon :).

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Kyledove said:
    um the game is kinda on hold for a short while, sorry, though dont take this like Im giving up, Im just busy with the end of school and stuff, and I feel that everyone gets bored of their game-making sometimes and just looses the spark, and isntead of feeling bad and forcing myself to work on it, I choose to just let it die down for a while and get excited with other stuff, that way when I come back to this I have the spark and inspiration back and I work a lot faster and better! so, sorry...but dont start thinking Im gonna give up!
    ^ You only needed to read that post.

Years
  • Great job..... Yeah I know I'm late with the great jobs and stuff..... Anyway it's been almost 2 months now and he hasn't continued.... I hope he comes back to it soon he must really be enjoying that time off lol. Anyway Great job and good luck!

-Arcdemon

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2010
    THIS GAME.... IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GAME I'VE EVER SEEN!

Oh my god! Seizure! Seizure! I'm gonna die from excitement. WOW!

Keep this up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back