• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

Cam

dum camel
Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Aye congrats on releasing version. Thought I'd ask if the scaling has been altered in the newly released version, or is it still the same as version 1? Thanks!

The scaling will remain the same, I greatly prefer the way Roaming Red does it over CC.

Years
  • The scaling will remain the same, I greatly prefer the way Roaming Red does it over CC.

I think this is a bit unfortunate as it seems most in the community would prefer the level scaling of CC. Obviously it's your hack and you're free to implement scaling your way, but I think there is something to be said for what the majority of players think. Maybe there's a way to have a separate hack/patch that will use CC's level scaling? Thanks for listening to my suggestion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    any Crystal Clear stuff that isn't stolen is not open source.
    the Crystal Clear devs consider themselves more important then GameFreak

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    I think this is a bit unfortunate as it seems most in the community would prefer the level scaling of CC. Obviously it's your hack and you're free to implement scaling your way, but I think there is something to be said for what the majority of players think. Maybe there's a way to have a separate hack/patch that will use CC's level scaling? Thanks for listening to my suggestion.
    Let me put this in a way more people would understand, I want absolutely nothing to do with crystal clear and would appreciate it if people wouldn't use my game's thread as another opportunity to shill it further.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2021
    im not trying to shill it? im just saying that the current level scaling is a bit too harsh and probably should be adjusted a bit

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I also prefer the level scaling from RR over CC. Thanks for including that.

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Version 3.0 that fixes a couple of oversights and bugs is now out!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Level Balance in the Hack is very hard. Is there a option, for bringing more difficults into the game? My Team was around Level 25 and the 2nd Gym Leader had Monster with Level 30 so far.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Hello, I've been playing this hack since reading about it on romhacking.net. I finished the main game before version 2.0 was released, and now I'm missing only two entries in my pokedex: Wendigo and Psything. Can I get some advice where to find them? Thanks.

While surfing on Seafoam island last floor level, I found a glitch pokemon. It was also there on version 2.0:

Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

Once I captured it, the game immediately started a battle against another glitched Matchilio , which I also caught and sent to the box:

Pokemon Factory Adventure - A 90s internet nostalgia trip with Roaming Red scaling (VERSION 3.2 UPDATE 11/12)

This is how the box looked with both there:

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I'm throughfully enjoying this hack as the Pokemon Factory was part of my childhood. Is Cubone somewhere to be found, though? I can't find it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Cubone is available as a starter. Furthermore, it's evolutionary family can be found in Victory Road.

I know that. But it seems like I can't encounter it in the wild after all. I tried to search in Victory Road with lower 20s and still found underleveled Marowak. Not Cubones.

Also, why am I unable to wake up the second blue Lickitung with the PokeFlute?

Last edited:

Cam

dum camel
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2022
    Hello, I've been playing this hack since reading about it on romhacking.net. I finished the main game before version 2.0 was released, and now I'm missing only two entries in my pokedex: Wendigo and Psything. Can I get some advice where to find them? Thanks.

While surfing on Seafoam island last floor level, I found a glitch pokemon. It was also there on version 2.0:

Just uploaded Version 3.1 that fixes this, thanks for the bug report!

Back