Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
38 posts
196 Days
Pokemon Gold and Silver 97: Reforged
A romhack based on lvl3's Gold 97

github link

SPECIAL UPDATE v3.CHU 12/29/20:
-Wait on the title screen to play the pikachu running minigame from the actual spaceworld demo!
-You can now name your mom as intended!
-(On older save files, go to the signpost in front of the player's house to name mom)
-General bug and inconsistency fixes

Our two-game trailer with Pokemon Factory Adventure:

This romhack is a complete re-imagining of the 1997 demo of Pokemon Gold and Silver.
Explore the Nihon region with an entirely new story and cast of beta Pokemon entirely done up in the style of Crystal's GBC graphics.
Based on lvl3's original Gold 97 hack, the game has been entirely re-balanced and remastered as well!
Go on a grand adventure catching Pokemon and taking down Team Rocket nationwide in this alternate sequel to the original Red and Blue!

Reforged comes in two versions, Gold and Silver, featuring differing sprites and encounter tables just like the real game.
All Pokemon are still catchable in each version!

Screenshots:

Changes:
Spoiler:
-All Spaceworld sprites have been created from scratch or edited from either the final game or from Spaceworld '97 itself (Or borrowed from '99's) to match the final GBC style
-The overworld is now in color.
-Gold and Silver versions with different sprites and differing encounter rates
-Lugia has been added back for Silver's Version
-Recreated title screen from Spaceworld '97
-Pokemon movesets have been altered for the better
-Added more trainers to improve Gen 2's level curve
-Edited Trainer's Pokemon
-Added Female Player functionality back
-Edited Spaceworld maps to make more sense (Kanto especially)

Credits:
Spoiler:
BlazingMagmar (SoupPotato/SourApple) - Programming, Scripting, Sprites
Pfero- Title screen and various help
Cam - Maps and Scripting
Myself(Rool)- Sprites
Smalls- Sprites
Pik- Sprites
Sam the Salmon- Sprites
Nuuk- Sprites
Bencc- Sprites
Scarlax- Sprites
Lvl3- Original Hack

Report bugs on the Reforged discord server:
https://discord.gg/EzbXamVZXh
SPRITE SHEET IN ATTACHMENTS, FREE TO USE WITH CREDIT GIVEN
sprite :)

FeraligatrMaster

Male
Online now
Posted 46 Minutes Ago
I remember that in Pokemon Gold 97, Kotora could learn Rollout and Ground type moves by level at first. But in a later update, the creator removed the Rock and Ground type moves from Kotora's level-up movepool. Have you re-added those moves to its movepool?

Also, have you changed trade evolutions to evolve differently (level up, happiness, evolution stones)?
Do you like Pokemon battles? If yes, then come play The Great Pokemon Battle 10!

Rool

Sprote the sprite, sprite the sprote!

Female
United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
38 posts
196 Days
I remember that in Pokemon Gold 97, Kotora could learn Rollout and Ground type moves by level at first. But in a later update, the creator removed the Rock and Ground type moves from Kotora's level-up movepool. Have you re-added those moves to its movepool?

Also, have you changed trade evolutions to evolve differently (level up, happiness, evolution stones)?
Yes, Movesets are being changed. Trade evolutions have two methods: Trade Stone or Trading.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥

Age 26
Male
Alola
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
804 posts
9.7 Years
I played the "vanilla" version of this and loved it, bookmarking this "remake", because it was a really good game.
"Hello, I'm your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-Hope!" - J-Hope

"Music really transcends languages, and it means so much." - RM

"Go on your path, even if you live for a day." - Jimin

"Cause I'm Irish, and everyone remembers me." - Niall Horan

"Treat people with kindness." - Harry Styles

"Feel free to insult me, but you don’t have the right to insult our fans." - Louis Tomlinson

"Believe in something bigger than yourself and find your purpose." - Justin Bieber

Rool

Female
United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
38 posts
196 Days
Hyped as hell for it, it definitely looks insanely clean and so damn authentic.
You guys really put a lot of passion and time through it, can't wait to play!
Yep, that's the goal. Thanks!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.

Age 18
Male
Canada
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
426 posts
4.6 Years
Pokémon Spaceworld '97 Reforged
You must be wondering what this is, yes? This is a hack of Pokemon Crystal using Lvl3's Spaceworld hack as a base. The aim is to "finalize and improve" Spaceworld '97 in Gameboy Color, Rather than the original Gameboy. Now let's look into it deeper:
SCREENSHOTS:

Changes:
Spoiler:
-All Spaceworld sprites have been created from scratch or edited from either the final game or from Spaceworld '97 itself (Or borrowed from '99's) to match the final GBC style
-The overworld is now in color! Wow!
-Gold and Silver versions will have different sprites
-Pokemon movesets have been altered for the better
-Added more trainers to improve Gen 2's level curve
-Edited Trainer's Pokemon
-Added Female Player functionality back
-Edited Spaceworld maps to make more sense
-Edited various events

Credits:
Spoiler:
SoupPotato- Hacking, Sprites
Myself(Rool)- Sprites
Smalls- Sprites
Lvl3- Original Hack

**DOWNLOAD LINK SOON**
I’m late for the party but I’m hyped how gen 2 hacking is improving every day! Good luck with this project in recreating it
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Radiant White, Pokemon Darkfire

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron, Pokemon Sevii, Pokemon Aluminum, Pokemon Secret diaries. Pokémon Sors

Currently a Beta Tester for:
Pokémon saffron
Pokémon Sors

IMPORTANT: i'm currently OPEN to ANY rom hacks that need beta testing. PM me on pokecommunity, thanks!

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

He/Him
India.
Seen 24 Minutes Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
1,082 posts
3.7 Years
Some more updates for you guys:

Oh my god, I love how you've done Space world silver's title screen. That Lugia looks so damn regal! I can't wait! Also, have you considered adding the running shoes into your version?

Rool

Female
United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
38 posts
196 Days
Oh my god, I love how you've done Space world silver's title screen. That Lugia looks so damn regal! I can't wait! Also, have you considered adding the running shoes into your version?
Sadly no running shoes, i wanted this to be like vanilla gen 2
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted August 17th, 2020
6 posts
2.6 Years
Sadly no running shoes, i wanted this to be like vanilla gen 2
Out of curiosity does this kind of feature decision affect development as a whole? Stuff like placing more items, plot points (pre/post bike), designing the map? Are these stuff even considered?

I've seen this choice on more and more with devs on gen 1 and 2 and it would be cool to get more on insight from the other side.

Rool

Female
United States
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
38 posts
196 Days
This game's coming together real well. Also, I know some sprites exist for the female character as it'd be out of place to use Kris in this. Will you use the beta version of her?
Sadly no, unless I can find a public, accurate gen 2 styled sprite of her, I don't think I'd be able to put the beta one in the game