• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition (Version 1.2)

Are you interested in a discord server for this hack

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition

This hack aims to make the game more difficult and your xth visit to Kanto a bit different while still trying to stay true to the original.
    You can download the current version (V 1.2) here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kk7qhfqbun5ch9x/FR_Battle_Edition_V1_2.zip/file
    You have to find Pokemon Fire Red US 1.0 yourself.

Discord Link: Server no longer exists

Best of Gen3 Kanto Dex
    151 of the best Pokemon of Gen3 have been condensed into the Kantodex with 50 more Pokemon catchable on the Sevii Islands.
    The majority of the Pokedex can be completed before the E4 and most of the Pokemon can be caught after obtaining Surf which means you have a wide variety of possible candidates for your team.

Higher Difficulty
    Each and every trainer has been gifted better Ai and better IVs as well as new teams.
    Special attention has been given to the Boss battles which were made considerably harder.
    To up the ante even more, in-battle item use has been disabled (not including hold items) and the battle style has been permanently set to set.
    The exp curve has been alterd as well to accomodate these changes.
    The Fairy type as well as the physical/special split have been implemented in this hack.
    In the post game you can earn Mega Stones by battling the Gym Leaders that are visiting the Sevii Islands.

Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition (Version 1.2)

Graphical Updates
    Most places on your journey have slightly changed and should look different but still feel familiar.
    With the world changing its inhabitants had to as well. Look forward to new overworld sprites.
    The soundtrack has also been improved (look forward to hearing pieces you most likely have not heard before).
    Sprites and Icons for each and every Pokemon have also been polished by using MrDollSteak's Sugimori Palettes Sprites and Icons.

Pokemon Modifications
    Trade evolutions are triggered by a new item called Link Cable
    Updated Base Stats to current game standards (Electrode +10 Speed, Dugtrio +20 Attack, etc.) as well as giving Magneton, Rhydon, Piloswine and Dusclops their Gen4 Evolution stats.
    Every Pokemon's moveset is updated to Generation 7 standards, with minor tweaks.
    TM learnsets updated to modern standards (Fire types learn Solar Beam, etc.).
    Abilities updated (some Pokemon have their hidden ability readily available others have abilities they do not normaly have e.g.: Snow Warning Snorunt).
    New attacks and items have been added.

Quality of Life Changes
    99.9% fully decapitalized text
    Running indoors
    BW repel system implemented
    Natures have colored stats
    Deleteable HM's and Infinite Use TM's and Move Tutors
    Hidden Power typing is directly shown to you
    Pokedex shows stats instead of size comparison

Media:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Bugs:
    Spoiler:

Older Versions:

Attachments

• Pokemon Fire Red Battle Edition (Version 1.2)
      FR_Battle.png
      7.4 KB · Views: 31
      FR_OW.png
      5.4 KB · Views: 24
      FR_Sprites.png
      9.2 KB · Views: 20
      mega.gif
      126.3 KB · Views: 28
      Items.gif
      41.9 KB · Views: 19
      Route.gif
      2.8 MB · Views: 18
      Status.gif
      27.7 KB · Views: 23
      Dex.png
      4.1 KB · Views: 40
    Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I'm surprised this hasn't gotten attention yet, I'm going to be trying this right after my current hack playthrough. I love how the stats are displayed in the dex, that's a wonderful addition!

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • This is looking very clean and well done, big fan of new items being added aswell as moves and such. Will give it a go and see how well balanced it is.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    Out of all the improved Fire Red hacks this may be one of the best. The changes are subtle enough that they don't feel out of place compared to the vanilla game (big deal to me) but are still pretty refreshing and tastefully done. I'm not a fan of those "cram 800 pokemon in a single region" hacks so having a reasonable selection of gen 1-3 pokemon in a game with modern features is really nice. I'm still early in the game but I like it so far.

Timofai

PIPLUP IS CUTEST POKEMON! YEP!
    Years
  • 1. awesome
    2. you planning updates?
    3. if you wish you can do discord server to continue developing and other stuff + i can help you with setupping this server if you need help

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Thank you all for your support.

2. you planning updates?
    Updates are not planned due to the hack being finished. But I will release bug fixes if necessary.

I was already thinking about creating a discord server if enough people are interested. That is why I added a poll to the main post.

Cheers LD

Years
  • Great idea so far i must ask do you plan to and all 386 pokemon to the hack does it compatible with the universal randomizer ? That way maybe it gave more fun to the hack just giving a idea.

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    I won't make the other Pokemon available in game because the idea was to fit the amount of Pokemon to the game "size".
    But all 386 pokemon have already been present in the game from the start so using the randomizer should work?
    You might find Mega Pokemon in the wild though because I had to replace existing ones for them.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    It looks so good that I find myself wondering where will the catch be. I am giving it a shot.
    Will you be posting info about which pokemon are obtainable and where? It would definitely be useful to players like myself who like to decide which team to use depending on availability and placement. While I'll be happy with any reasonable 151-ish selection among gen3 pokemons, it's a turn off for me to play a hack blindly and later on finding out that the pokemon you wanted to complete your team do not exist on that hack, or have been placed too far into the game to be fun to use.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2021
    I think I've encountered a bug. I was fighting a trainer while my pokemon was poisoned. I was at 2HP, used fly and the game just froze on "Fearow flew up high". The music is still playing but nothing's happening. It's probably because I would have died to poison in midair?

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    I think I've encountered a bug. I was fighting a trainer while my pokemon was poisoned. I was at 2HP, used fly and the game just froze on "Fearow flew up high". The music is still playing but nothing's happening. It's probably because I would have died to poison in midair?
    That sounds quite like a bug. Thank you, I added it to the bug list.

Due to "popular" demand I also added a link to a discord server for this hack.

Cheers LD

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Hi! I'm playing through the hack and I'm noticing a few things:

I started with Cyndaquil and picked up Shroomish and Magikarp (perfect natures too, first try! Could've gotten really lucky).

Cyndaquil's starting moveset has two moves swapped. Lv 6 is Ember, Lv 10 is Smokescreen. That is, if I'm remembering right. It should be Lv 6 Smokescreen, Lv 10 Ember (if we're going by most recent learnset). Not a major problem, was happier getting Ember earlier. It also evolved at Lv 16 as opposed to 14. Not a deal-breaker, just figured I'd let you know.

Also, Shroomish hasn't evolved at Lv 23, when I'm pretty sure it does. If it evolves at Lv 24 or some other level, that's okay, but I checked the Pokedex data for it, and I'm really hoping it doesn't evolve via Thunderstone, of all things (it's #25 in there).

But overall, this is REALLY good and I'm really liking the effort you put into this.

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Thank you.
    I'm happy that everybody seems to enjoy the hack so far.

I swapped the moves to make Cyndaquil more viable and make the starters learn their elemental moves around the same level. That is the same reason for the level change.
    Shroomish evolves at level 30 due to Technician Breloom being way too powerful that early in the game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I encounter an eevee when intried to soft reset just to pick some good nature it end up with no ability sometime but alternate of it was adapatability

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Version 1.1 available now​
    It includes:
    • Updated Pokemon (new abilities and egg moves in their regular moveset)
    • Better documentation
    • Minor bug fixes
    • Randomizer compatibility

Saves should be compatible with 1.0.

I encounter an eevee when intried to soft reset just to pick some good nature it end up with no ability sometime but alternate of it was adapatability
    This has been fixed in the new version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    Just finished the game, except pokedex completion and the trainer tower (does Lt. Surge let you through at some point?). The hack is awesome!! I enjoyed every bit of it. Congrats, and thank you!
    A few minor details I noticed that you might want to address:
    * There are some references to TM's being non-reausable and HM's non-eraseable such as Brock advising you to use his TM wisely. Or old man in SS.Anne saying HM's are not easily discarded. Remember spotting more, but don't know where.
    * Some wild encounters lack the 'Lv' tag to the left of its level. Remember noticing it with the Tentacool and Mareep lines (don't remember which stage evolutions though).
    * Sometimes a rival pokemon would repeatedly try to use electric moves on my Lightning Rod Sceptile.
    * After beating the three guys in Seven Island, the remach with the Pokemon League was shockingly easy.
    * It was disappointing to find out Sceptile doesn't get a mega evolution.
    * Can't think of a reason Zangoose would be left out. Next time almighty Zangoose builds some Swords Dances and slash-sweeps your entire team you'll know the reason. (It's a glass cannon I know, but still the best).

Jokes apart, this hack is amazing. Definitely one of the best Kanto experiences, up there with Dark Violet and Rocket Edition.

laser_dolphin

BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Just finished the game, except pokedex completion and the trainer tower (does Lt. Surge let you through at some point?). The hack is awesome!! I enjoyed every bit of it. Congrats, and thank you!
    Thank you.

Some wild encounters lack the 'Lv' tag to the left of its level. Remember noticing it with the Tentacool and Mareep lines (don't remember which stage evolutions though).
    Has been added to the bug section. I have no idea why this happens. Did you notice it in Kanto too or was it only on the Sevii Islands?

Sometimes a rival pokemon would repeatedly try to use electric moves on my Lightning Rod Sceptile.
    While I tried to make it as smart as possible the standard Ai just is not the brightest mind.

After beating the three guys in Seven Island, the remach with the Pokemon League was shockingly easy.
    That is because they are intented as optional "super"bosses.

It was disappointing to find out Sceptile doesn't get a mega evolution.
    Me too but I wanted to keep an even playing field with the starters.

Can't think of a reason Zangoose would be left out. Next time almighty Zangoose builds some Swords Dances and slash-sweeps your entire team you'll know the reason. (It's a glass cannon I know, but still the best)
    You meant to say Belly Drum Linoone right?

Back