• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
When this is complete I'm so gonna be using this for a fun little personal project. Maybe include the tools needed and ini's to edit the rom after patching to a clean rom, which in my opinion would make it easy for me to tweak the rom to my liking aka tweaking starters, trainers, & wild pokemon locations.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 27, 2018
I know the reasons why this is happening it's because PGE for some reason Dosent except mega evolution as an evolution type and also the megas have no moves in their movesets and the cry offsets are completely messed up

You may want to add the move sets to the mega evolutions. If not, when a mega levels up it won't get a move it's supposed to learn in its regular form. This was a problem in kristianangel's base.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Don't worry I plan to give them proper movesets and cries and also since it's the end of May me and M.Hussain will be able to put a lot more time into this base and get a lot more done so be prepared as a huge update will be coming soon

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
Which ROM did you originally patch this with? as far as I remember using a UPS patcher you need the exact ROM that was originally used because I've tried several and they patch glitchy

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
What version of fire red are you using 1.0 or 1.1 this patch is for 1.0 fire red so if it's glitchy you probably have a 1.1 fire red rom

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
Using a 1.0 patch, it says that the file is invalid and if I patch it anyway it becomes a glitchy mess.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Hmm that's interesting did you try setting it to Ignore and also I don't remember entirely where I got my fire red rom but when I downloaded it there was a folder called All Pokemon games and it had both GB and GBA files if that helps u at all

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
setting it to ignore patches it but it becomes very glitchy and moves, abilties, types, etc don't show up

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Is that stuff occuring in G3HS,PGE or when u actually load/play the game?

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
It appears on G3HS, when playing the game it the types don't show (glitchy squares instead)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I don't know what the problem is on your end ask someone where they downloaded a fire red rom and try it and see if it works

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2020
I managed to patch the file correctly now and everything appears as it should in G3HS as well as ingame. However the game freezes everytime I step outside of a building, I tried this with existing and new saves.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
6/2/16 UPDATE

So I feel like I should tell you guys the progress on it so far and as of now me and M.Hussain have added all the features that were currently in it except the exp box and without the protean ability or the upgraded sturdy and all the sprites are in excluding formes and megas at the moment because I'm trying to optimize it as much as possible before I add them all in and also yes the evolution patch by Ollie11 is in this base incase anyone was wondering and the formes and mega sprites are not in it yet because I'm trying to optimize the base before inserting the sprites and also I or M.Hussain may end up inserting footprints to the rest of the mons although it's not a big feature it just makes the base look a little bit better in terms of asthetics

So yeah guys that's about it for now expect big things from this base till the next update :)

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Mrmoonbeam what exactly do u mean and also update coming really soon

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 4, 2017
I think he's referring to the missing items and evolution methods, like the dusk stone, or levelling up with a specific item or move, etc, as well as the lack of movesets for the megas

Personally, I think it's a really good base, but I can see his point, having to add these things in manually is frustrating, at least for beginners (speaking as a beginner. WHo knows, maybe advanced hackers think it's incredibly easy.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
Have you not added mega stones yet? I scrolled through the entire item data base and didn't find any type of mega stone. I found dusk stone, oval stone, and shiny stone though.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I don't know what base you're talking about but the base definitely has all mega stones in it

Back