• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forever?

The_oz

I am Oz!
Years
  • Well said GhostPrincess =] i applaud u
    i tell people i like pokemon, and they really dont care. I get along with anybody really so when i tell them i like pokemon theyre surprised but at the same time they respect the way i can be so open about it. And it's true, people judge others by what they like, not who they are.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well said GhostPrincess =] i applaud u
    i tell people i like pokemon, and they really dont care. I get along with anybody really so when i tell them i like pokemon theyre surprised but at the same time they respect the way i can be so open about it. And it's true, people judge others by what they like, not who they are.
    I agree!! everyone is entitled to their own honest opinion...

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Well said GhostPrincess =] i applaud u

I'm glad to see you agree! I wish the kids at my school were that way! Instead tey make-up silly little rumours which haunt our for like however your there. Bleh.. If your gonna start rumours about people just cause they like pokemon they are the childish ones xD

I agree!! everyone is entitled to their own honest opinion...

Yes but some people can't get that through their thick skulls. x3

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • Oh,im sorry..
    What happened?
    Well, people lose interest in certain things after a while. Maturity can be a factor in determining whether people like Pokemon or not, depending on what aspect of Pokemon they admired in the first place. For example: One could have started liking Pokemon because he thought they looked cool, but his idea of what looked neat changed with maturity so he stopped. On the other hand, people who like the games because of the strategy and fun will be more likely to continue enjoying them (or perhaps enjoy them even more) with age. Nostalgia can also be a factor, so it depends too on when a person was introduced to Pokemon.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Very very true..But change is a part of life so yah.. but When I was 3 I used to tell myself I will be a blues-clues fan forever!! But alas I outgrew it -.-" and the show became crap anyway. But I will try to remain strong on my pokemon love. Cause pokemon..is awsome.And I can't wait for the the hell years (highschool) Just cause I like pokemon.. As Yoom-Tah (totally awsoem name by the way) said
    I used to watch blues-clues too. XD Anyway, on-topic.
    Most of my friends (except a couple who think its immature etc) like Pokemon too however I keep asking myself when I am going to lose intrest in it. But after reading this thread and peoples responses, I'll grow out of it when it loses that spark and not when my friends keep bugging me about it (they dont do it much anyway XD) Pokemon forever! Also, my family doesn't really care what games I play. I mean, what are they going to do, say dont play it? If thats the case, I'll just tell them to get lost. :)

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Well I was very reserved who to tell that i loved pokemon to untill i found my Sience teacher playing it one day after school.So some jocks came out and said they liked it.And no one bothered me anymore.

I'm currently 14 and loved pokemon since I was 4 so it's safe to say its a life long hobby.^^

Years
  • I openly admit that I like Pokemon.
    I'm proud of it...I don't care what other people say.
    I have been a fan since it started/aired in September 1998 (I'm not from Japan) and I will stay a fan forever!

Reniko_Seika

He who plays the hacks
    Years
  • No one really seems to care if I like Pokemon, my friend group gets picked on for Runescape, which I don't even play. If I was critised for it, I'd ignore them, who cares what they think

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    How much I have liked Pokemon for the past few years have gone up and down. This year however, it's pretty much at it's max. Which means that I'm going to be having Pokemon stuff with me during this coming school year, and openingly yelling people that I do like Pokemon, and not caring what they say. ^_^

In general though, I know that my Pokemon likeness will stick with me, weather it's out in the open or closed in because I've calmed down about it.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Over the years, some of my Friends criticize me for the fact that I still love All-Pokémon, but I just don't care: I play Pokémon in school, I wear Pokémon T-shirts whenever I can, I buy all the Pokémon merchandise I can find, I make some Pokémon cards at school, also... Heck, I've been called Da Poké-Boy, Poké-Freak, Poké-Man... but I've gotten used to it. And yeah, I dedicate a lot of my time to everything Pokémon-related, so it's safe to say: My love for Pokémon will remain this way for as long as I live! Pokémon 4 Ever!

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • My interests tend to fluctuate, including my love for Pokemon. Although it may stop being my top priority, I know it will always have a large place in my heart. Besides, I'm trying to get my five year old cousin into first gen. XP XD It's kinds hard since he can't read and he keeps thinking that Pidgy is Starapter/Staravia. -.-;

Katnip

Harajuku Lover
    Years
  • Well... I start high school in a few days (9th grade to be specific) and I'm going to make it clear that I like pokemon. Well actually the games, because the show makes me want to bang my head on a wall, but that's only because I'm super-picky with everything (books, TV, food, games, clothes, water bottle brands... you get the picture).

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Yes but some people can't get that through their thick skulls. x3
    youre right, "some" of the people i know say others opinion is crap, so, hmm...

Well, people lose interest in certain things after a while. Maturity can be a factor in determining whether people like Pokemon or not, depending on what aspect of Pokemon they admired in the first place. For example: One could have started liking Pokemon because he thought they looked cool, but his idea of what looked neat changed with maturity so he stopped. On the other hand, people who like the games because of the strategy and fun will be more likely to continue enjoying them (or perhaps enjoy them even more) with age. Nostalgia can also be a factor, so it depends too on when a person was introduced to Pokemon.
    I agree, maturity is one of the factors, "be what you want to be & Not what others like to see.."
    I openly admit that I like Pokemon.
    I'm proud of it...I don't care what other people say.
    I have been a fan since it started/aired in September 1998 (I'm not from Japan) and I will stay a fan forever!
    Great to here it^_^"!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I always hear those words from friends and family members (especially parents), but why would I worry?

I really don't care what they say. I love POKéMON and they can't make me dislike it. :P

What I'll say to them?
    "POKéMON is very addictive." <---for my parents.
    "I love POKéMON." <---for my friends. :P

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
  • I just say that there's no reason to outgrow something you like. What makes pokemon anymore exclusively childish than games like Zelda and Mario?

I've recently come to despise the way society crafts things into age and gender categories.

As a 19-year old male, I am "not allowed" to like the following things which I like:

Pokemon (anime and games)
    Smirnoff
    Emotional/Slow music
    Music with female vocals
    Anything for its "cuteness"

I really hate the gender-split among society and its interests these days. And the age-split is not much better.

about time i find out that i am not the only one who thinks that way.

Back