• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 12 - Least / Most Favourite Generation IV Pokemon?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Pokemon General Poll # 12 - Least / Most Favourite Generation IV Pokemon?

What would you say is your least / most favorite generation IV pokemon, and why?​

Last edited:
    Years
  • favourite:
    Spoiler:

least favourite:
    Spoiler:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Fave: Garchomp (Cool enough to be one of the elite members of non-legendary ubers)

Least Fave: lickylicky (YUCK!!!!!)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • In my opinion, Generation IV Pokemon are very forgettable and didn't really stand out to me. Actually, I'm having trouble coming up with a favourite. XD Probably Empoleon, it's just a epic penguin. :D My least favourite is still Probopass. Sure, I remember Nosepass more that it has an evolution, just not for the good reasons. Nosepass didn't need a Mr. Potato Head evolution. :|
    On a side note, I just realised this is my 1800th post. (b' ')b

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I think that Toxicroak would be my favorite.

One of the stupid new evolutions would be my most hated, probably magmortar or tangrowth

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Staraptor, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Cherubi, Cherrim, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gallade are my favorites.

Bibarell is my least favorite Gen 4 Pokémon 'cause he's so ugly >__>

Years
  • Generation IV had awesome Pokemon - some I started to like straight away.

Faves:
    Stunky/Skuntank - They may be skunk Pokemon and not many users here like them but Commander Jupiter inspired me to have this guy and it has become a powerful member of my team (Love them with Aftermath!)

Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape - Even though my fave human character Dawn owns a Piplup, Chimchar is my fave of the Sinnoh starters cos I am Year of the Monkey in Chinese Zodiac so therefore, I like monkeys.

Gallade - PlatinumDude's fave Pokemon! I love how awesome Gallade is, really made getting a male Ralts cooler.

Froslass - I love this Ice/Ghost Pokemon, she's cute!

Buneary/Lopunny - Fluffy, aren't they?

Roserade - My fave Grass Pokemon, Roserade did wonders for my team and her Special attacks hit really hard!

Pachirisu - Cute electric squirrel, soooo cute!

Lucario - I love his awesome attacks, especially Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere.

Yanmega - I'm not really a Bug Pokemon fan but Yanmega is cool for a Bug!

Least faves:
    Snover/Abomasnow - Too many weaknesses, never using these freaks except for Pokedex collection.

Gible/Gabite/Garchomp - Way too overrated.

Mantyke - It's a nice Pokemon but a pain to catch.

Combee - Because so many of them are boys, it can take ages to get a Vespiquen!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2011
    HEY! YOU PEOPLE ARE MISSING SOMETHING!

Faves-

Giratina
    How wouldn't use this Scary things ScaryER Origin form? Its my fav and strongest legendary!

Skoropi/Drapion
    You may think I'm weird liking these two beasts but boy are you wrong!
    Its bulky and I called mine Rapper! And it gives you 2 EVs for defense!

Honchkrow
    Do crows get any better than this?

DISLIKES!

Vespiquen
    How could bees get any more annoying!?
    By making Heal order, Attack order and Defend order!

Cheribi and Cherrim
    GameFreak... Don't tell me you made CHERRY POKEMON? WTF?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Out of all the Sinnoh Pokémon, I had favored Electivire, Leafeon, and Togekiss the most. I couldn't say the same for Wormadam, Purugly, Tangrowth, and Probopass though.

Years
  • My favorite Gen IV Pokemon would have to be Garchomp, it has a great design and it has served me extremely well in both in game and competitive battles. Staraptor, Torterra and Infernape are Pokemon that I really like as well, for pretty much the same reasons as Garchomp, save Torterra and Staraptor, who I rarely use in competitive battles.

Carnivine and Yanmega are the only Gen IV Pokemon I don't like, mainly because they have some pretty bad designs, in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Favourite: Probably Magnezone. Its crazy Special Attack makes up for the slight Speed reduction. I'm not a massive fan of most of the tacked-on 3rd-level evolutions of Gen I/II critters, but I really like Magnezone.

Least Favourite: Ambipom. Out of all the tacked-on 3rd-level evolutions, this is not only the laziest but the least necessary. And it's fugly as anything. Bleh!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Favorite Gen IV Pokémon

Togekiss easily wins the favorite spot for me. It has decent stats and moves (at least from what I used to know? D;) and it's one evolution added from previous generation Pokémon that actually doesn't look too overdone coughprobopasscough.

Least Favorite Gen IV Pokémon

Doesn't the design speak for itself? @w@; I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not one to hate a Pokémon just because of its design but...I just never really gotten used to Probopass, and I guess that's merely because I've never used it in any of my teams nor have I seen it in-game very often. I just don't like this Pokémon. .-.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Pokemon General Poll # 12 - Least / Most Favourite Generation IV Pokemon?

I loved the move pool, it looks awesome. Guy is more of a Samurai then Samurott.

If I had to say one pokemon it would be Wormadam pokemon. I like the concept of the different forms in different locations. But as far as the design goes I am not a fan of it. I love Mothim a lot more.

Years
  • Froslass - I love this Ice/Ghost Pokemon, she's cute!
    I agree. Froslass takes the cake for my favorite Generation IV Pokemon. I just wish they had also created a "Froslad" that Snorunts could hope to grow up into if they were boys.

My least favorite is probably Garchomp, not because I don't think it's cool or because it isn't good in battles, but just because it's so cheap.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014

I'm lazy to add more of my favorites xD.

Least Favorite? I don't hate anyone except for bibarel

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Favorite Gen IV Pokemon: Gallade (it has a cool design and a good offensive and supporting movepool).

Least favorite Gen V Pokemon: Rhyperior (Rhydon was good enough already)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    In the beginning, I didn't really like many of the fourth generation Pokemon. However, as I played my games, I started to like a few of them a bit more. :3

Favorites:
    Togekiss - I actually didn't really like Togekiss at all when I first saw it. However, I decided to test it out on Platinum and oh my god it was beautiful. It's now my top favorite from fourth gen.

Shaymin (both formes): Kind of the same story. Didn't like 'im all too much but slowly it also became a favorite from fourth generation.

I can't really think of too many others at the moment, but more favorites include Torterra, Luxray, Roserade, Mismagnius, and Rotom.

Least Favorites:
    Croagunk and Purugly. They deserve no explanations. :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Favorite: Empoleon, Luxray, Glameow (we will not go into its ugly evolved form, though).

Least favorite: Bidoof, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Ambipom. Did we really need their evolutions to be that ugly?

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011

Least favorite: Bidoof, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Ambipom. Did we really need their evolutions to be that ugly?

My thoughts EXACTLY!

faves: shinx, chimchar, glameow, honchkrow, chatot, mime jr., darkrai

dislikes:
    -ones in the qoute for same reason
    -purugly (why does such a cute glameow have to evolve into this fat sack a crap?)
    -heatran (it looks a disgusting mess of melted candy bars)
    -bibarel (take a bidoof, make it gain 300 pounds, put a stupid mask on its eyes and and you get this beast)
    -stunky/stunktank (its cry is a fart. its also annoying to battle because it has no weaknesses)
    -regigigas (it looks a taco for god sakes, what were they on when they made it?)

Back