• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon General Poll # 16 - What First Attracted You to Pokemon? What Keeps You a Fan

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years

Poll # 16

[sorry for the wait; totally forgot. ^^;; P.S. Don't be afraid to suggest pokemon vs pokemon threads!]

Basically what the title says, what first made you attracted to pokemon? What keeps you being a fan in the franchise of pokemon? If you've ever quit, and came back to pokemon, why did you come back to pokemon?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    What make attracted to pokemon? Possibly the world of pokemon itself. The world, character and the pokemon have some unique charm in it. The world itself is limitless for you to imagine. You can create interesting fiction based on pokemon franchise if you really expand your imagination.
    Well, I'm rather go into hiatus back in 2005-2009 rather than quit. The reason I came back is just that I want to play pokemon again.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    what first made you attracted to pokemon?
    The show first got me into the series, I just loved it as soon as I saw it

What keeps you being a fan in the franchise of pokemon?
    Everything. The games, the anime series, manga, action figures and especially the dolls

If you've ever quit, and came back to pokemon, why did you come back to pokemon?
    I dont think I would ever quit Pokemon

:t354:TG

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I grew up with Pokémon, it was a huge craze on my school when I was little, especially the TCG (though we didn't really know how to play the game, we just traded and showed off). My cousin played Pokémon, and I remember being at his home, and he was sitting on the stairs playing Pokémon Blue on an original Gameboy. I asked if I could play and I just clicked some buttons, and I remember not being able to understand the text (I am Dutch and I was very young, so I couldn't understand English yet), but it really caught my interest.

My best friend at the time was also a Pokémon fan (mind you, we were really really young, not even 10 years old), she also lived right above me so I spent all my time with her, and she had a lot of Pokémon trading cards, and we watched the series as well, so I was influenced by a lot of people that were close to me.

One time, I visited my family in London, and it turned out that my two cousins were huge fans of Pokémon as well, and the interest just stayed forever since. It was everywhere around me - my family, my school, and that's kind of how it reached me.

When you grow up with something like that, it really has an emotional value to you, it's not like you can lose interest in it anymore, because with me, it was a huge part of my childhood.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm not sure what attracted me to Pokemon to begin with. I was so young that just having cute creatures was enough for me tbh. I probably enjoyed that I could fight using the Pokemon I saw on tv, and then collect the cards of them as well.

As for what keeps me a fan, it has to be the simplicity of the basic game, plus the complexity that you can pull from it. Beating the game is easy and fun. You can easily beat it with little problem, but then you get into competitive battling, EVs, IVs, filling the Pokedex. They're not as simple and keeps me playing much longer.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
    A friend told me about it when he handed Pokemon Red over to me because he was done with it, that day he also introduced me to the anime, I have been a fan ever since, right now mostly the physical attraction to certain Pokemon keeps me a fan, Reshiram is one of them, which brought me into liking B&W... the last was Latias & Latios, after then, I still liked Pokemon but not the new ones, there wasn't any Pokemon that looked good enough for me, so I skipped D&P, but due to Reshiram (the Pokemon I am most attracted to now) I got back into the latest generation...

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
    my brother gave me his red and said "train with this it has suprerior pokemon" my reacation: "??????????" i loved the series so...... i would never quit i would just do the same thing my brother did ^_^

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    The show and trading cards are what got me into Pokemon. The video games keep me liking Pokemon. I quit Pokemon temporarily in favor of Yu-Gi-Oh, but I came back to it when I started playing the video games and got back into the trading card game.

HansLangone

Simple Trainer
    Years
    what first made you attracted to pokemon?
    the first thing i attracted to Pokemon are Bulbasaur my numbah one favorite Pokemon and never be replaced by anything....and Pokemon World( still wonder if i can live with my six awesome partners.. )

What keeps you being a fan pokemon?
    Everything of course include games,plush dolls, TCG, Pokemon forum and ppl who love Pokemon around the world..

If you've ever quit, and came back to pokemon, why did you come back to pokemon?
    cuz i cant leave my Bulbasaur alone.. in loneliness without me.. and i believe bulbasaur thought so. :)

Last edited:

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Let's see, when I was about 5, I watched the show. After that, I got Pokémon LeafGreen Version but I never got into it yet. When I was in third grade, my classmate brought her GBA to school playing Ruby which inspired me to go get Emerald.

Years
    What originally attracted you to Pokémon?
    I'd say it was a mix between the anime and the TCG. I just remember in elementary, everyone would trade cards at lunch time, and I begged my parents to get me some :P

What continues to make you a fan of the Pokémon franchise?
    Being honest, I'm not really sure what does. I enjoy playing the games a lot more than I did when I was younger, so I guess this is probably the best reason.

If you've ever quit and came back to Pokémon, what caused you to return?
    From about 2005 until around the summer of 2008, I didn't pay attention to Pokemon at all. Then, when I started baby-sitting my neighbor's son, he was just getting into the series, and wanted me to help him with his Fire Red. Ever since then, I've been back into Pokemon (although, for the past year, it's been almost like a monthly cycle... one month I will be really into Pokemon, and the next I'm not)

Years
    Basically what the title says, what first made you attracted to pokemon? I first heard about Pokemon when I was like, 4-6 years old. I eventually played my first Pokemon game when I got Ruby for my birthday.
    What keeps you being a fan in the franchise of Pokemon? The anime, characters, and individual personalities of the Pokemon themselves. Also, most cartoons/anime were often axed after only 1 or 2 seasons, but Pokemon's popularity ensured it didn't face that curse. Plus, we here at PC love Pokemon!
    If you've ever quit,and came back to Pokemon, why did you come back to Pokemon? I'd never quit Pokemon anytime soon.

Years
    What first made you attracted to pokemon?
    -I was a kid and it looked cool.

What keeps you being a fan in the franchise of pokemon?
    -It's just tons of fun to play. I can always get back into it.

-I kinda quit after Gen III because I didn't have a DS to play on for quite a while. I just picked it up again a few months ago when I got a DS. I never really wanted to quit, but I didn't have a means to play.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    What attracted you to pokemon?
    I first saw the show when I was like three and I though it was the coolest thing.
    What keeps you being a fan?
    Everything. The games the card game the plushes. And mostly how so many people around the world like pokemon. :P

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    The games. They were very fun, training your Pokemon and such. I disliked the anime the most, so... yeah.

Back